Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

Was wondering, what is the tier list in terms of "easy to use" in this game? you know, something like:

-Easy to use (recomended to newbies, not complex at all)

-intermediate

-Hard to use (avoid these characters, wait until you learn the game a bit more before you try them)

This is IMO

Easy: GordeauWaldsteinHydeLinneNanaseOrieCarmineByakuyaSeth

Middle: Merkava, Eltnum, Hilda (Just because her defense is so bad), Chaos, Akatsuki (He's easy to learn, it's the match-up that's really hard to learn for him)

Hard: Vastista, Yuzuriha

Question. How does air block work in this game. I know air to air, you can air block. But you cannot air block ground attacks right? So how does Air shielding block works?

You actually can't block air to air, with a few exceptions. You can't block ground attacks from the air either, again with a few exeptions.

Air shielding will block air to air, and will not only add recovery to the opponent's move, but also prevent him from canceling the blocked move into anything else, effectively forcing him to the ground in a bad situation.

You actually can't block air to air, with a few exceptions. You can't block ground attacks from the air either, again with a few exeptions.

Air shielding will block air to air, and will not only add recovery to the opponent's move, but also prevent him from canceling the blocked move into anything else, effectively forcing him to the ground in a bad situation.

K thank you. I was always shield guarding while jumping and blocked some stuff while can't block others. Wow, so it's very unsafe to jump in this game. No wonder this game feels more footzie based then most "anime fighters". (loose term)

I guess you just jump for pressure of you see an opening (Or Merkava, who don't give a ****)

Given how new the game is and how often you see rampant jump + assault approaches, I think most people don't realize how dangerous being the air is. Except indeed for Merkava, who's field wherein he grows his fucks is barren.

This is IMO

Easy: GordeauWaldsteinHydeLinneNanaseOrieCarmineByakuyaSeth

Middle: Merkava, Eltnum, Hilda (Just because her defense is so bad), Chaos, Akatsuki (He's easy to learn, it's the match-up that's really hard to learn for him)

Hard: Vastista, Yuzuriha

seth does not belong anywhere near the "pick this character if you're brand new to the game" category

So what do I do against Gordeau command grabbing me on my wakeup? I know I could jump, but then I risk getting anti aired if he didn't command grab...is there something safer to do?

So what do I do against Gordeau command grabbing me on my wakeup? I know I could jump, but then I risk getting anti aired if he didn't command grab...is there something safer to do?

back tech, i guess?

You have 3 options. Dp and jump are the most harmonious and prominent, with DP beating any attempts to anti air, meaty normal, or grab, but also gets blown up hard if baited. Jump is great especially if your char has a DP. Beats the grab and dp bait, loses only to anti air. The third option is to press 5a. The fastest move in any characters arsenal, it will blow up mistimed meaties, but loses to pretty much anything minus dp bait or a mistake in their end. Without a dp, you literally have two very skewed options in mash and jump, so you have to guess.

Don't like a lot of those placements for difficulty. Mgrkava is not middle difficulty, he's extremely easy. Seth is obviously one of the harder characters and I know from experience that Hyde is at least several times harder to use than merkava.

Now I feel bad about dropping Merkava's BnBs :v:

I tried to make some sort of frame data for several characters.

I want to share this information with you because I sure that I can't finish this work until the end.

I hope someone will be able to fix mistakes and will improve frame data to the full version.

Link: http://bit.ly/unielframes

So it has occurred to me that I totally don't understand how shield works. So I'm going to ask: how exactly does shield work? It's a bit confusing because there are times when I will be holding 4D before I'm in blockstun, and then when I actually get hit, the game will give me guard shield (and therefore I can't switch blocks and end up getting guard broken, etc). Does holding D any time after you've entered blockstun activate guard shield?

Yeah, guard shield is activated when you're in blockstun. Otherwise, it's normal shield.

Regardless, using shield commits you to blocking a certain way for a set amount of time (I forget how long, but I think it takes around 12 or so frames to actually switch your guard from high to low while shielding), so you can easily get GRD broken by abusing it.

Regardless, using shield commits you to blocking a certain way for a set amount of time (I forget how long, but I think it takes around 12 or so frames to actually switch your guard from high to low while shielding), so you can easily get GRD broken by abusing it.

I didn't know about this part. It explains a lot of "I swear I switched blocks!" moments though. Thanks for answering my question!

Oh, yeah, I think you're right. I was in training mode and it was about 12 frames before the animation started changing from low to high, but it probably doesn't actually change until the animation is done.

Guys where can you change the CPU difficulty in options?

I changed the first entry in Game Settings up to 5 but it feels like it didn't make a difference.  Unless the CPU really is a walk over.  

Thanks

Guys where can you change the CPU difficulty in options?

I changed the first entry in Game Settings up to 5 but it feels like it didn't make a difference.  Unless the CPU really is a walk over.  

Thanks

Yeah, CPU is really weak.

the CPU being so shitty is kind of a bummer

i like using hyper-aggressive CPU dummies to practice my confirms on moving targets and that's basically impossible here :(

I tried to make some sort of frame data for several characters.

I want to share this information with you because I sure that I can't finish this work until the end.

I hope someone will be able to fix mistakes and will improve frame data to the full version.

Link: http://bit.ly/unielframes

Just wondering what your method for getting these numbers is?

when the US version comes out, will people with JP version be able to net play with US version for ranked / lobbies etc. ?

This usually happens in every ASW game, and ASW made the netcode for this game so I got the hope it will be that way.