Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

Just wondering what your method for getting these numbers is?

Recording in 60FPS and counting on video player until the first active frame and the first frames of recovery

I read about the debug mode, if someone can do this, it would be ideal

Training stage has given me good results, but the stages aren't really active that much in thid game to seriously impact the game imo. Every stage cept training stage feels laggy to me

I honestly wish that every game follows what TTT2 did for their game. Offline (arcade, VS, ect.) their stages are filled with animations in the background, but when you play online they stripped out all the animations of people and objects leaving just the basic stage.

shield is actually a very powerful tool in that if you bait certain moves out while blue shielding you can get punishes that arent possible otherwise.  

good examples: divine thrust, wald assault jump a. if you predict properly you get free punishes. a metagame comes into play with it though because if they know youre baiting with blue shield, orie will not divine thrust she'll run at you and grd break you with 2a or wald will empty jump throw instead. very interesting aspect of the game imo

seth does not belong anywhere near the "pick this character if you're brand new to the game" category

Agreed. He's hard as hell.

The rest I agree with.

So I've noticed that the 6 motion from dashing seems to be interfering with my attemts to dash into 236 moves, after trying to input them as 41236 instead and still getting DP motions I've found that doing dash,4D1236 produces the desired effect.

Is this because I'm leaving a longer gap before I'm doing the move by accident whilst attempting this or can you genuinely use this method to get 236 moves from a dash without getting a DP?

Can someone confirm this: if I want to shield a multihitting move so that I get the -3 frames of blockstun, I just need to Guard Shield the second last hit, and I will automatically Shield the last hit? Is this correct?

After you block the first hit, just hold the shield button, and you should shield the next two hits, as long as those two hits don't shield break you.

Attempt to shield during the blockstun of the second last hit (green shield) and you'll shield the last hit.

EDIT: Unless there's a huge gap between the last two hits, of course.

Just curious, but what is the highest amount of damage anyone has been able to pull off in this game? Because of the way the scaling works, it's been pretty rare for me to see any combos ever go above more than 4K. 

The best I've been able to do so far has been a little over 6K with Carmine.

236B-j.[C]-5B-5C-6C-2C-3C-22B-236C-623C-CS-41236D. Requires Vorpal and Veil Off. Corner only. Pretty much impossible to pull off in a match.

I'm sure you can do better than that, but everywhere I look, all of the combo routes seem to emphasize oki over damage. (Which is the better option, but I'd still like to see some extremely high damaging combos.)

Half the fun of games like these for me is to just go into Training Mode and spent half an hour or so trying to come up with new combos or improve old ones.

Got a question I'm trying to platinum this game but one of the silver trophies is to use all charc IW i assume thats just 63214D for all charc's so I did that but still haven't received the trophy any reason why?

Just curious, but what is the highest amount of damage anyone has been able to pull off in this game? Because of the way the scaling works, it's been pretty rare for me to see any combos ever go above more than 4K. 

236B-j.[C]-5B-5C-6C-2C-3C-22B-236C-623C-CS-41236D. Requires Vorpal and Veil Off. Corner only. Pretty much impossible to pull off in a match.

I'm sure you can do better than that, but everywhere I look, all of the combo routes seem to emphasize oki over damage. (Which is the better option, but I'd still like to see some extremely high damaging combos.)

Half the fun of games like these for me is to just go into Training Mode and spent half an hour or so trying to come up with new combos or improve old ones.

Highest I've seen is 7k with Yuzuriha.

http://youtu.be/uN9YN6HvhiQ?t=6m17s

Of course, it's not at all practical.

Got a question I'm trying to platinum this game but one of the silver trophies is to use all charc IW i assume thats just 63214D for all charc's so I did that but still haven't received the trophy any reason why?

It is the EXIW the press all 4 buttons when your character is below 30% and you have to do it in like arcade mode

It is the EXIW the press all 4 buttons when your character is below 30% and you have to do it in like arcade mode

ah that makes sense does something like Survival mode count?

byakuya has a veil off CS IWEXS combo that does 6.8k

and yuzu can do 7k

You can pull 7k+ but that's just veil off + vorpal.

For the IEW just do it on arcade. You can easily combo with sweep or jab if you are not sure that it connects.

Sure there's Survival, Score and Time but results wouldn't make it worth.

Since you have to complete every arcade, just use each character's in their respective arcade mode.

Is there any trick to get reversal supers to come out on the first possible frame on tech/wake up? I feel like I miss it too often and end up eating some normal that my super would have punished had I done it right.