Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

2 questions:

1- does shielding an air atack while standing gives landing recovery to the atacker or is it a air shield only thing?

2-how does counter hits work in this game? like how do you know when youre getting a normal counter or an high counter and whats the difference?

2 questions:

1- does shielding an air atack while standing gives landing recovery to the atacker or is it a air shield only thing?

2-how does counter hits work in this game? like how do you know when youre getting a normal counter or an high counter and whats the difference?

1 - The additional frames of landing recovery will still apply if you shielded the attack while you're on the ground. It's not exclusive to air shield iirc.

2 - The only difference between HC and CH is which button you pressed. A attacks give you CH, and B/C gives you HC.

2 questions:

2: http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Offense

Don't know about he first one.

Note: even if yout land a CH on Vatista, her ability makes that CH useless, so you have to do a non-CH combo.

CH increases the amount of scaling the combo has. say you start a combo with 2a. Generally you don't get a big combo off that. with counter hit you can do a longer combo and high counter is even more. The difference between normal and high counter hit is what you counter hit. you get normal counter hits for hitting someone out of a normal. You get high counters for hitting someone out of a special move or recovery. Most common occurrence of high counter hit is reversal punishes.

I still dont fully understand the shield mechanic. I know theres two versions of it but idk what speficlly to use em for?

I still dont fully understand the shield mechanic. I know theres two versions of it but idk what speficlly to use em for?

The normal Shield and Guard Shield give the same -3 and -6 in the air. The difference (besides their colors) is that the Guard Shield costs 10 EXS per use, and the normal Shield is free but riskier to use (they cand GRD break you in you Shield wrong or if they throw you).

Which of Eltnum's moves are plus on block or neutral.

It seems like half her moves are plus on block whenever I fight her. Her gunshot, her divekick, her 5CC...

Which of Eltnum's moves are plus on block or neutral.

It seems like half her moves are plus on block whenever I fight her. Her gunshot, her divekick, her 5CC...

5CC is +, Her running C (used in her combos) is negative. Her A version of air throw low to the ground is +. 5 hit version of gunshots is +, A version is -1. 236A is + with enhanced bullets.

If you are getting counterhit by normals then shes staggering you to death. Some of her stagger chains are frametraps I think. They might all be; idk.

I'm just having issues regarding how to deal with her pressure. She has some cancels that really don't make sense to me.

Hopfeully I'll learn as I play.

She's usually negative during her blockstrings, but it's all frame traps and you won't be able to tell when it ends. Just block forever and eventually she pushes herself out and has to either back off or do something risky like dash or assault to get back in. If she does 5CC, just jump at her and kill her between the two hits. Of course, if she reads it, she'll cancel 5C into a whip and you eat 3k. Try not to shield 'cause she has a standing overhead command normal that she can cancel into to break your GRD.

Does anyone know what does pressing start and ok at the end of the match in lobby do. I know it essentially brings you back to the lobby faster and friends and I have been using it to skip the dialogue at the end to speed up our 1v1 sessions but when I use it on other people they take it as a rage quit when I just want to rechallenge them faster. Does this affect anything related to disconnect rate or the level of your charc in player matches?

How do you know they're taking it as a rage quit?

Some people just hop into a lobby, play one match then leave, etc.

I haven't really noticed a difference when I play people and skip through the victory dialogue.

I received some messages not a lot just one or two but i thought it be best to check if anyone knew anything about skipping dialogue as a form of ragequtting or affecting stats

I don't believe it affects your stats, but it does prevent people from saving replays and the likes, so it can be pretty annoying. It also does tend to come across somewhat badly because of the fact that almost no other game allows you to exit matches mid-match without plug pulling.

I guess the point is, you're basically doing the equivalent of playing a casual with someone IRL and hitting the start button every time a game is about to end, without actually letting any match finish.

Alright thanks I really didn't consider the possibility of my opp. wanting to save their replays i'll be sure to keep that in mind for the future. 

It does actually mess your stats; the match is not added to your total. It can be annoying for others who do care about their cards, or who might think you're trying to keep a low count to be deceptive, or as was said preventing replay saving. I would avoid doing it in public lobbies.

It can feel a little jarring to have someone skip the win dialogue at the end every time. Some people like having their victory lap, and I don't blame them.

Thats more of the answer I was looking for alright that makes perfect sense I actually would not prefer my count to be low either I'll limit this to the private lobbys I have with friends with our 1v1 sessions thanks for the info it helps and clears a lot.

Woah I've been mashing X or Circle at the end of matches. It exits the dialogue quickly, but is it the same think that you guys are talking about? I haven't gotten any hatemail and I literally mash X after every match win or lose.

I have noticed that with some people it will exit the game immediately after the final round ends and display a little message whenever it gets back to the lobby screen. That doesn't happen when I mash X does it?

Unfortunately not. I'd love to fight people to Byakuya and Chaos's themes all day, but this game is weirdly restrictive when it comes to music choice. Hopefully some options will get patched in later.

Speaking of which, there any signs of patches to come or confirmedthat I havnt noticed? The game sorta went straight from arcade to console, which included some of the smaller issues with the game (wald infinite, music, etc...)

Is there a way to get the theme of the character you aren't using to play in Training Mode?

Go in, choose the character who's theme you want, and set your dummy to the character you want to play as. Choose to record and just play like that. Goes back to the menu after 1800 frames, pressing select puts you straight back into the record mode fortunately.

Quick question, what would be the fastest option of me buying uniel via disk? Because I remember hearing that some people chose to express shipping but what is it normally?