Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

Are there any options to have the P1 character do things like block while you're recording the P2 training dummy? 

Are there any options to have the P1 character do things like block while you're recording the P2 training dummy? 

P1 dummy is controlled by the same set of options as the P2 dummy. Just set it before you start recording your stuff.

Is anyone having problems downloading the update? I keep getting time out errors. I tried updating all weekend with no luck. I heard PSN is having some problems, but I'm still signed in, I was netplaying P4U2 just fine.

I couldn't even login around this Thursday, so I just downloaded the patch with no problems the next day.

A week later and I still can't download it, it just sits at 0%. I know it's probably on my side at this point, but I can't think of why. I've already updated the system and I know I have the space, so I can't think of anything else.

UPDATE: It worked, it finally got to 100% this time. I don't know how, I'm just happy I get to play again.

i don't know if this is the right topic or not. but is there anyone in this game that play's like Teddie/Faust/PTT? let me know.

If you're looking for random items, you won't find them in UNIEL. However, if you need a character with long normals along with decent mixups, you might want to take a look at Merkava. Though to be honest, more than half of the roster has Faust-like pokes, even the grappler.

Hi, just wondering if there is any stage that is good for netplay (less lag than other stages)?

Hi, just wondering if there is any stage that is good for netplay (less lag than other stages)?

Well, through my own personal experience, the Riverside Plaza, Abandoned Building, and the Park are all really good. 

The training stage is also generally accepted as being one of the least laggy, as there's virtually nothing extraneous to render in the background. I pretty much play exclusively on it if I have to netplay. Doesn't really make a big difference most of the time, though, and I'd chalk up the majority of the benefits people get from the stage selection to placebo effect.

Don't choose the sakura petal stage, though. That one is actually just terrible.

Don't choose the sakura petal stage, though. That one is actually just terrible.

That's my favorite stage. :U

So, because I haven't seen any discussion on it, does anyone actually expect this game to get a proper sequel?

Eventually, yes, I think it probably will get one. When, though? I don't think anyone really has a clue. :(

I believe FrenchBread has stated that yes, they would like make a sequel. When they're going to get out of the DFC money vortex is the real question

I've heard mention of option selects in this game while watching the Final Round stream last weekend, a 5v5 WC tournament a few weeks back and a other streams. Does anyone have a list of known option selects in UNIEL I should be utilizing?

Assault OS is the main universal one and it's character specific. Basically anti air+throw to beat assault/throw.

There are other OS like the shield OS vs gordeau 66C pressure but I don't think those are used as much yet. Would love to know more my self lol.

Oh there's kind of a beginner one I thought up a long time ago for reverse beating A's. If you start pressure and forget which A you started with you can press A~2. If timed right it will do either 5A or 2A with that one input. Not too useful for most chars but it's nice for new Linne players I guess.

Hey all! Pretty new to this game (and fighting games in general) and I was just wondering if the network for this game is region locked? Like when I queue up online, who am I playing with? Was really curious about everyone who has had the game for a while having the Japanese version of the game. Am I able to play with people on my North American version of the game who have the Japanese version? Sorry if this is a dumb question :3

Hey all! Pretty new to this game (and fighting games in general) and I was just wondering if the network for this game is region locked? Like when I queue up online, who am I playing with? Was really curious about everyone who has had the game for a while having the Japanese version of the game. Am I able to play with people on my North American version of the game who have the Japanese version? Sorry if this is a dumb question :3

Yea you will be able to play with those with the Japanese version. Not region locked or anything like that

So I was toying around in training the other day and discovered that you can reverse beat into auto combo and use the same normal twice in one string (as long as it's part of auto combo). Pretty sure proration destroys any combo applications, but could it be useful for anything? (sorry if it's already been asked)

As far as my mains are concerned, I know that Merkava can do a simple 5AA 4B blockstring thanks to that.