Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

I have a question, if I buy the game digitally can I still play the game when I switch back to my NA PSN account? 

Indeed, a game that is downloaded onto the ps3 can be played on any user, they just need to install it

Out of curiosity, since I didn't watch a ton of arcade UNiB footage, never would've noticed. Is this game a bit more mashy than others or is that just because a lot of us arent quite pro yet?

if you're mashy then your chains are predictable > easily shielded > you'll probably loose the GRD war.

Plus a lot of characters have long ranged stuff so mashing isn't that rewarding if you're facing someone like gordeau who can confirm from half screen.

Out of curiosity, since I didn't watch a ton of arcade UNiB footage, never would've noticed. Is this game a bit more mashy than others or is that just because a lot of us arent quite pro yet?

Mashing's only use is punishing dropped combos or failed oki. It's about as reliable as it is in BB.

So, not at all.

It's because most of us haven't gotten a feel for the game (most; some people here seem to have gotten it down well). The reason I feel mash seems viable for beginners in this game is that you can mash after being knocked down and punish your opponent if they are attacking too. This is in contrast to Persona 4 Arena, where you are basically someones master if you knock them down. It only took a few days to get used to before mashing became as nooby as in any other game (and therefor the least viable option).

Been following this game for a the past couple days, and really considering picking it up. I have a question though, can anybody recommend a couple zoning-heavy characters? My general play style tends to favor projectile runaway. 

In terms of who I think looks cool, Carmine and Chaos are definitely up there. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Sorry, but neither Carmine nor Chaos are zoners. They can be, but it'll be extremely difficult to play them properly that way.

For zoners, you might want to try Vatista or Merkava. Vatista is the ´´true`` zoner, but Merkava can use his full screen grabs and air projectiles to zone as well.

Sorry, but neither Carmine nor Chaos are zoners. They can be, but it'll be extremely difficult to play them properly that way.

For zoners, you might want to try Vatista or Merkava. Vatista is the ´´true`` zoner, but Merkava can use his full screen grabs and air projectiles to zone as well.

Oh I see. Merkava definitely looks really awesome. And I could see how Vatista could fit my style, but I'm not really a fan of charge characters.

One more question, what are the more accessible characters to try while learning the game? Because I still really want to try Carmine, but he seems pretty technical for a beginner. 

Was wondering, what is the tier list in terms of "easy to use" in this game? you know, something like:

-Easy to use (recomended to newbies, not complex at all)

-intermediate

-Hard to use (avoid these characters, wait until you learn the game a bit more before you try them)

Hey guys, I just purchased the game and am wondering about some of the terminology you guys are using. I dont have much experience with fighting games, only playing SF4 casually for some time. Watching the tournament on the nycfurby stream yesterday the only stuff I recognized was stuff such as DP, teching, throw, anti air etc. Mostly wondering about the numbers you guys are using, like 240c, etc or something. What do they mean? I use an arcade stick. Thanks for any potential help!

Directions are based on numbers for universal ease of understanding. If your stick/pad sits naturally in the middle, this is 5, and the rest of the directions look like this

So 2 is down, 8 is up, 6 is forward, 4 is back. So 214 or 236 would be quarter circles back and forward respectively.

Hello, I should receive my game tomorrow and I have a few questions beforehand:

1°) Is it true that if you use the online then your connection will go through japanese servers, resulting in huge delay ? 

2°) Does it have lobbys ? 

3°) Is it true that Assault makes all your moves High ? Saw it on the wiki but a friend of mine has the game already and said it was wrong. Could anyone confirm ?

4°) Is there some sort of "Mission" game ? Like in the old Fate/Unlimited Codes there was this funny mode where you had to do various things, like beating 4 opponents without Health recovery etc...

5°) Do you unlock Points for costumes etc only via online play ?

Thanks for the answers !

Hello, I should receive my game tomorrow and I have a few questions beforehand:

1°) Is it true that if you use the online then your connection will go through japanese servers, resulting in huge delay ? 

2°) Does it have lobbys ? 

3°) Is it true that Assault makes all your moves High ? Saw it on the wiki but a friend of mine has the game already and said it was wrong. Could anyone confirm ?

4°) Is there some sort of "Mission" game ? Like in the old Fate/Unlimited Codes there was this funny mode where you had to do various things, like beating 4 opponents without Health recovery etc...

5°) Do you unlock Points for costumes etc only via online play ?

Thanks for the answers !

1) I played Y2 connections and didn't lag at all. Those kind of connections caused lag in other fighting games. 

2) I believe I saw the lobby option on network mode, but I didn't go in and check for myself. I'm almost certain it was lobby mode though.

3) Honestly not sure on this one.

4) There is survival mode, where you have to keep fighting foes without hp recovery, with one round victories to decide who wins.

5) You can unlock IP points through story mode, survival mode, score attack, versus mode (person or CPU), and online. I got around this much for each:

Story mode: 5800-6500 IP per arcade mode beat

Versus mode and online: 500 IP per match 

Survival and score attack was anywhere from 1000-5000 IP; I completely forgot. I keep thinking 3000 IP or so but I'm not entirely sure.

I found playing with my friend and online is the best way to get tons of IP, but if you want your fancy 2500 IP color before going online, just beat your favorite character's arcade mode. 

Anyone know how tight the window for doing a reversal is? It feels very tight to me but I can't really be sure that I'm doing it right.

If it's like Melty Blood,then it's a 2F window.But this is not MB so it could be different.

Also I have a question:Is it possible to gain GRD by doing offensive actions such as walking and dashing during a combo?

If so,can combos be optimized by doing these kinds of actions/inputs to get a higher amount of GRD?

I have several questions about lobbies sorry if they sound dumb.

1) how do you kick someone out of a lobby i have some 0 bars raiding the lobby slowing the game down a lot

2) Is there a way to mute players with headsets I don't mind if they use it i just dont wanna hear anything while playing, that and potential troll XD

3) Is there anyway to set the lobby to just set it to only 2 bars and above and no mic automatically it would solve problem 1 and 2 for me a lot but i don't know what the menu say at all >.>

I have several questions about lobbies sorry if they sound dumb.

1) how do you kick someone out of a lobby i have some 0 bars raiding the lobby slowing the game down a lot

2) Is there a way to mute players with headsets I don't mind if they use it i just dont wanna hear anything while playing, that and potential troll XD

3) Is there anyway to set the lobby to just set it to only 2 bars and above and no mic automatically it would solve problem 1 and 2 for me a lot but i don't know what the menu say at all >.>

1) Press start, choose the second option, you'll get a list of players then choose person to kick and press ok.

2) Dno about this one.

3) When creating a lobby it's the 5th row from the top that sets minimum connection.

Hello everyone,

from my brief experience with netplay (around 50 matches), I've noticed that a considerable amount of them have some pretty terrible lag. Most of the time it's playable, but for higher execution characters it can be a real pain if it lags and drops your input midcombo. I initially chalked it up to bad connection (due to distance, etc.) and thought nothing of it, but I recently played some online matches with a friend who lives less than a mile from me, and we were still getting some pretty bad lag even though he was a four bar.

Anyone else experience this? And if so, what is the best way to deal with this problem?

Hello everyone,

from my brief experience with netplay (around 50 matches), I've noticed that a considerable amount of them have some pretty terrible lag. Most of the time it's playable, but for higher execution characters it can be a real pain if it lags and drops your input midcombo. I initially chalked it up to bad connection (due to distance, etc.) and thought nothing of it, but I recently played some online matches with a friend who lives less than a mile from me, and we were still getting some pretty bad lag even though he was a four bar.

Anyone else experience this? And if so, what is the best way to deal with this problem?

Question: Is he playing on wi-fi? Are you playing on wi-fi?