Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

Why the hell is this going to take so long to get localized? there´s not a huge story mode to translate or something like that anyway. :(

I wonder if the online will still be active when the game is released in the west....

Because theyre going to dub the voices as well iirc 

Generally you can't air block or shield ground normals. Projectile specials are air blockable, DP(and the like) specials are air unblockable.

The game doesn't want you to jump around. There's a reason there is no double jump for a universal mechanic.

This.

Pretend you're playing anime ST or something

This is not related to UNIEL only, but does anyone know if the Japanese version will be able to play online with English one when they are localized? I don't really want to get it now and have to buy the localized version later to play with my friends.

I guess Arcsys managed all the network aspect of the game, right?

Trying to test frame advantage on some stuff and have a question. Does shield reduce blockstun by 2f or 3f?

The wikia page says 3f http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Defense, but from my findings it's 2f unless I'm doing something wrong. I'm assuming the startup on Hyde's normals are correct here http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Hyde_(Gameplay)

6B is 9f startup, 5B is 10f, 2B is 11f.

I block Hyde 5B, attempt to punish with 6B, and it doesn't punish. So 5B is at worst -8.

I shield Hyde 5B, attempt to punish with 5B, and it punishes. So shield reduces blockstun by at least 2f, making 5B at least -10.

I shield Hyde 5B, attempt to punish with 2B, and it doesn't punish.

If shield was -3f blockstun wouldn't 2B punish here?

Has anyone had this ship from play-asia yet? It's not even holding the cash anymore, that kind of worries me. I'm thinking of just getting a jpn psn.

1. Would I only be able to play it on the jpn psn account. As in, would I have to refriend the people i want to play with?

2. I'm sure this has been answered in here, but how would I go about getting jpn psn dollars in a timley manner?

If this thing hasn't shipped by the time I wake up I'm just gonna get it digitally.

Whats a good defensive character in this game? I've been playing Akatsuki and I just don't have the experience you need for that whiplash of sitting for half a minute blocking to non stop pressure rushdown 50/50 guessing games.

Trying to test frame advantage on some stuff and have a question. Does shield reduce blockstun by 2f or 3f?

The wikia page says 3f http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Defense, but from my findings it's 2f unless I'm doing something wrong. I'm assuming the startup on Hyde's normals are correct here http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Hyde_(Gameplay)

6B is 9f startup, 5B is 10f, 2B is 11f.

I block Hyde 5B, attempt to punish with 6B, and it doesn't punish. So 5B is at worst -8.

I shield Hyde 5B, attempt to punish with 5B, and it punishes. So shield reduces blockstun by at least 2f, making 5B at least -10.

I shield Hyde 5B, attempt to punish with 2B, and it doesn't punish.

If shield was -3f blockstun wouldn't 2B punish here?

According to Sourenga's translated video, shield reduces by 3f on ground and 6f in the air. Pretty much like blazblue's instant block

try with these figures? http://wikiwiki.jp/hyde/?%C4%CC%BE%EF%B5%BB

If no one decides to do a frame data for Hyde, i'll do one myself

I need to ask and look into it some more, but there's a chance the frame data is obtainable from the game itself (in a way that's usable to us)...

Has anyone had this ship from play-asia yet? It's not even holding the cash anymore, that kind of worries me. I'm thinking of just getting a jpn psn.

1. Would I only be able to play it on the jpn psn account. As in, would I have to refriend the people i want to play with?

2. I'm sure this has been answered in here, but how would I go about getting jpn psn dollars in a timley manner?

If this thing hasn't shipped by the time I wake up I'm just gonna get it digitally.

1. You don't have to use the account to play on it, the game's just linked to that profile for downloads and stuff.  So if you want to use another account to play online you're fine.

2. Find a store that sells psn cards, usually ebay or the like.  Most vendors will tell you they'll email you the code to add to the account.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/modules/blocksearchtim/search.php?orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=network&id_category=none

This is where I got my cards, the markup is probably the lowest I could think of.  They usually send the codes to me at night, since it's probably morning around the time wherever they're stationed at.

Also, this guide is good for beginner importers.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6703-importing-101/

Mine shipped like an hour ago so i would say check again.

1. You can play it on other accounts just as long as it is downloaded in one of them

2. I know some websites sell them and send you the code online others would know more than me

play-asia has rather cheap atm.

I bought 6k YEN from them to buy it, they have a sale atm otherwise pcgamesupply or japancodes. I've used all 3 without any issues besides from japancodes on BBCP release since they was the cheapest they ran out of all codes so I got mine 72hr too late.

Got instant delivery from play-asia yesterday.

According to Sourenga's translated video, shield reduces by 3f on ground and 6f in the air. Pretty much like blazblue's instant block

try with these figures? http://wikiwiki.jp/hyde/?%C4%CC%BE%EF%B5%BB

If no one decides to do a frame data for Hyde, i'll do one myself

I'll try it again, interesting everything on that page looks to have 1f less startup than the wikia page. The 3 normals I used for the test are still 1f apart though so unless I'm mistaken it would still work out to 2f for shielding...

I was finding SD on block for Hyde normals last night. I got a couple done but it couldn't hurt to have another set of results to compare with.

EDIT: Yeah, same result. Unless the startup of these normals are wrong and there's more than 1f difference between them I don't see how shield is 3f less blockstun.

Am I the only one who can't access replays ? For some reason when I go to replay mode, I'm greeted with a message in japanese (obviously, I don't know what it's saying) with the choices being Yes and No. Yes makes it loop while No leaves Replay mode.

Is there perhaps an option somewhere to activate it ? 

Mine got shipped yesterday. I ordered it with FedEx priority, and it's estimated delivery is 29.7.

Mine shipped yesterday and I should have it within the next 3 hours according to fedex. I ordered mine with in minutes of it be available a few months back.

Am I the only one who can't access replays ? For some reason when I go to replay mode, I'm greeted with a message in japanese (obviously, I don't know what it's saying) with the choices being Yes and No. Yes makes it loop while No leaves Replay mode.

Is there perhaps an option somewhere to activate it ? 

It's probably telling you that you don't have any replays saved.

Have you gone into network mode and downloaded one?

Am I dreaming, or are air unblockable aerial attacks a thing in this game? Or does a jump just have a large amount of startup that you can't block during?

Am I dreaming, or are air unblockable aerial attacks a thing in this game? Or does a jump just have a large amount of startup that you can't block during?

Melty blood was the same, almost all ground moves (except 5As) were air unblockable. But shield guard could block them. Looks like shield can't block them in Uniel