Tigre

[UNIEL] Under Night In-Birth Q&A Thread

I know about air unblockables, I'm talking about air unblockable aerial attacks.

Thanks, though.

Just making sure, you didn't try blocking while doing assault right?  You can't block when you do that.

Melty blood was the same, almost all ground moves (except 5As) were air unblockable. But shield guard could block them. Looks like shield can't block them in Uniel

5As are also air-unblockable, I use them all the time :v:

I know about air unblockables, I'm talking about air unblockable aerial attacks.

I was playing against someone tonight that said they couldn't block Carmine's charged j.C in the air

hum...i remeber hearing that you can't airblock air normals in general. But you can air shield them. As the opponent can't cancel a air attack that was shielded into anything, you can punish them with a full combo.

The problem is...if the opponent predict you they can grd break you with almost any grounded normal (that are air unblockable and unshieldable in the air). It's a risky action.

It's probably telling you that you don't have any replays saved.

Have you gone into network mode and downloaded one?

Indeed I didn't have any. What I meant though was if there was an option to save your replays.

Indeed I didn't have any. What I meant though was if there was an option to save your replays.

Start at win screen.

Just making sure, you didn't try blocking while doing assault right?  You can't block when you do that.

Nope, regular jump.

I guess I just have to shield the hits.

How do you chain 5a into itself without going into auto combo?

I think only some 5/2As chain before going into Smart Steer.

Trying to test frame advantage on some stuff and have a question. Does shield reduce blockstun by 2f or 3f?

Well, since you asked. Here's the source where that information is from.

"地上状態なら3フレーム、空中状態なら6フレームのガード硬直の減少効果がある。"

It says pretty clearly that blockstun is reduced by 3 frames, and I highly doubt that French Bread would post mistaken information on their site...

Well, since you asked. Here's the source where that information is from.

"地上状態なら3フレーム、空中状態なら6フレームのガード硬直の減少効果がある。"

It says pretty clearly that blockstun is reduced by 3 frames, and I highly doubt that French Bread would post mistaken information on their site...

Alright, thanks. I don't understand why Hyde 2B isn't punishing Hyde 5B on shield then D: Maybe 2B is actually 12f startup? Or something I'm doing is wrong.

Edit: I realized I never tried punishing with a 7f move. So 5B might actually be -7 and then 3f for shield would make sense... carry on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a_p4Hlii8OU#t=3961

this merkava does 5aaa without doing auto combo and i cant figure out how

Found it !

It's only possible on block.

5A8AAAAAAAA...

On hit, it will automatically jump cancel otherwise on block it will do 5A non-stop. Guess it's only used for spacing purpose ?

Anyone know what everyone's ability is? Like how people said Vatista's is negating CHs (dont know what this even does), or how it says Hyde's sword normals do chip? Maybe its obvious and I'm just derping here or its been mentioned, but its been a while since I remember seeing this talked about.

Also, anyone notice that "your" is misspelled in the color selection panel as "youe"? Just a funny typo I noticed while loomin through the colors

Figured out a little bit more for shields.

Generally a successful neutral shield will reduce blockstun by -3. I was having trouble doing guard shields and getting that frame advantage so I went ahead and checked. 

If you fail a guard you lose 1 bar of GRD and go into a green guard state. This state increases blockstun of the failed shield move by about +12~ frames (probably more depending on how late you do it??), but while in this state the next move you block successfully will be auto shielded correctly (you'll get the blue flash), and you'll gain the -3. You can still just frame the timing for a successful shield but you can also fail the shield a hit before and still get the successful shield. IE: Merkava's 236c, try shielding the 2nd to last hit "wrong" (green guard) and you'll just shield the last hit. 

if anyone wants to confirm what I was testing that'd be awesome

Not gameplay related(and dumb),but what does the select button do on the victory screen after an online match? I'm guessing it leaves the lobby but i'd like to know what i did for sure.

Not gameplay related(and dumb),but what does the select button do on the victory screen after an online match? I'm guessing it leaves the lobby but i'd like to know what i did for sure.

Saves the match to your replay library.  First dialogue is asking if you want to upload it (optional, you can select キャンセル if you don't want others to see it).  Second dialogue is to save it to your library.

Saves the match to your replay library.  First dialogue is asking if you want to upload it (optional, you can select キャンセル if you don't want others to see it).  Second dialogue is to save it to your library.

Thats the start button i think. Select shows all people who are in the lobby, like Blazblue does.

Egh I hope this is correct place to ask this question.

But do you guys think game will be very active for next idk 6-Months+ or even 2-3months. I'm tempted to get, but i don't wanna buy it get used to the game then find it's dead after couple weeks as release hype has died down. 

Egh I hope this is correct place to ask this question.

But do you guys think game will be very active for next idk 6-Months+ or even 2-3months. I'm tempted to get, but i don't wanna buy it get used to the game then find it's dead after couple weeks as release hype has died down. 

Where do you live? Some places have pretty active scenes and organize events/venues every month.

Where do you live? Some places have pretty active scenes and organize events/venues every month.

Im in the UK my self