Sign in to follow this  
Ice Prince

AC: Videos

A bit late, lol.

Reppuken (SL) vs. Stag.S (DI) - 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQg9BkssFyA#t=2m15s

Round 1

2:28 to 2:30 / Nice read with the Ice Spike here to open the round and giving you an opportunity to get a fish summon out.

2:36 / Good 6P here to knock SL away from you so you can get out of the corner.

2:41 / I'm guessing that whiff 2S here was supposed to be an Air Pike, or something? lol.

2:47 to 2:49 / Nice 'dash into throw' here but you missed the post throw follow up to push SL into the corner. Maybe fish summon for oki would've worked better here instead?

2:50 / 'Dash into throw' is strong, lol. No fish summon for oki though...

3:01 / Bad fish summon here since SL hit you with a Mappa Punch.

Round 2

3:16 to 3:17 / Good read with the 2D into special cancelled fish summon for oki at the start of the round.

3:20 to 3:25 / 5D out of nowhere, lol. Nice Dust into follow up air combo and getting the combo to KD into the corner afterward.

3:35 to 3:36 / You were in a crouching position for far too long here.

3:39 to 3:44 / Nice throw here with a follow up combo after oki to finish off SL and win the round.

Round 3

3:50 / Why 2K at the start of the round?

4:02 to 4:03 / Nice CH j.H here but too bad you missed the follow combo for extra damage + KD.

4:11 to 4:13 / Nice counter with c.S here for a combo. I think you might've been able to get a KD if you omitted 5H here and just did f.S>Ice Spike instead.

4:15 to 4:18 / Nice throw with follow up combo here.

4:18 to 4:19 / Yay for Ice Spike FRC! Fish summon was a good option after the FRC.

4:24 / AA 5D?

4:30 / LOL at the double burst.

Round 4

4:40 / Your 2D round opener got punished.

4:49 to 4:52 / Another CH j.H with a possibility for a combo to KD if you omitted the 5H and just did f.S>Ice Spike.

5:02 to 5:04 / Nice combo for KD here after the 2K hit, along with the special cancelled fish summon for oki. Dunno about the follow up AD into the corner though...

5:06 to 5:08 / 2K into... delay 5D at a pretty far range? You got the Dust combo though, which was good.

5:09 / Why Air Pike for oki instead of fish summon here?

Round 5

5:28 / I'm surprised that the 2D didn't hit here, which was probably a bit beyond it's max range. Maybe if you omitted 2K after the 2P, the 2D could've hit? I miss old 2D's range, lol.

5:29 / Possible opportunity for a combo to KD after the 2P hit.

5:41 / Nice throw here to put SL into the corner.

5:57 / Possible opportunity for a combo to KD after the 2K hit.

6:12 / I'm thinking you missed the special cancelled 2D into fish summon for oki here.

6:16 / From my POV, it looks like your fish summon oki was a little late, which allowed SL to escape from the corner.

6:21 / Ice Spike FRC follow up combo here would've been a hype finish for the round/match win.

6:23 / OD freeze H Fish lazer works too, lol.

Some comments:

- Utilize more summons to protect your 'Aggro Dizzy' rushdown. lol

- Work on your 'cross over' mixup stuffs. You seemed to be missing on ADing back into the opponent for an attack. Bubble oki cross over stuffs are an option after 2D KD.

- 5D stuffs outside of fish summon mixup is quite risky.

That's about it.

Some stuff from A-cho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V_TrtL10C0&feature=digest&playnext=1&list=TLrrUykt5rVAo&force_ap=1 ( 11:18 Sol vs Dizzy 14:18 Jam vs Dizzy 16:12 Axl vs Dizzy 18:01 Sol vs Dizzy 20:37 Jam vs Dizzy 23:05 Axl vs Dizzy 25:51 Sol vs Dizzy 27:29 Jam vs Dizzy )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZPApwuNvog (7:42 Sol vs Dizzy 11:04 Faust vs Dizzy 46:30 Axl vs Dizzy)

I'm trying to figure out whether the Dizzy in the first vid is Kazuki or Ruki, anybody got a good idea?

I'm trying to figure out whether the Dizzy in the first vid is Kazuki or Ruki, anybody got a good idea?

It's probably Ruki since he's a Kansai player

It's probably Ruki since he's a Kansai player

Yeah, that was my thought as well, but then there are some things he does that is more "classic Kazuki" stuff. Not that Dizzy players can't learn from each other but.

Edit: No, it seems to be Ruki, just that he borrowed one or two things from Kazuki.

[GGXXAC] Horokei(Di) vs Broken_Angel(Ba) FT5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T7LIP2E9EY

Match 1 - Round 1

00:11 to 00:12 - The TK bubble > back IAD j.S here was kinda bad here since it left you in range to be punished by IAD j.S > j.236K from BA.

00:14 to 00:15 - Nice catch with the CH 2S with follow-up into an air combo even though it got bursted. j.P prorates 90% so maybe use j.K or j.S to start off the air combo instead.

00:19 to 00:20 - IDK why you use a dash 5H here since you got countered by a GC attack but you somehow escape from a followup punishment opportunity from BA, which is fortunate. Maybe you were going for a tick throw here instead?

00:26 - CH 5H here was nice though I think you might have had enough time to do a combo for damage into KD for punishment or even just 2H for KD since it gatlings after 5H.

00:28 to 00:31 - Nice catch with the air-to-ground combo here in the corner.

00:32 to 00:33 - I think you meant to use IAD j.2S here instead of j.2S as part of your H/L mixup for oki.

00:41 - The CH 2S here was nice, especially since it traded with BA's j.H. Kinda hard to tell how your recovery was at this moment but it looks like you may have had the opportunity to do Imperial Ray OD here as a follow-up to possibly cause enough damage to BA for you to win the round.

00:43 - Why so close to do fish oki here? It looks like BA might've been able to do a wake up OD here to win the round.

00:46 to 00:48 - Nice throw here with an attempt at a followup combo to possibly win the round. If the Ice Spike had hit (perhaps earlier on) and you managed to FRC it, I think that a followup combo here could've possibly ended the round for a win.

00:49 - Bad fish summon here since BA was able to punish you.

00:51 to the end of the round - I think you should've held your ground here after the burst put BA into the corner and when you summoned the Air Spear. If you had held onto the Air Spear longer, maybe you could've waited for BA to make a move before releasing it then do Imperial Ray OD for unblockable stuffs. Or if you had just released it, instead maybe do another summon, like TK bubble or fish, to cover the area in front of DI.

Match 1 - Round 2

1:10 - Nice CH 2S here though you weren't able to follow it up with something.

1:12 to 1:15 - RTSDing with pokes and no summon cover here got punished by BA with a GC attack into a combo.

1:21 to 1:22 - Another RTSD attempt with pokes and no summon cover that was punished by a GC attack from BA.

Match 2 - Round 1

1:33 to 1:35 - Good read with the hit confirm to air combo here at the start of the round.

1:37 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD here after 5K hit here.

1:39 - Nice CH 5H here but you missed the opportunity to followup with a combo/KD afterwards.

1:41 to 1:45 - Good throw here with a followup combo to put BA into the corner.

1:51 to 1:52 - Nice CH j.H here. I think if you had landed then jumped back up for and air combo, you could've dealt enough damage to win the round. Maybe if you did an Imperial Ray OD as you landed after the CH j.H could've worked as well.

1:56 to 1:57 - Nice 2D followup here to punish the GC attack after 2K triggered it. Possible opportunity for a special cancelled fish summon/TK bubble for oki after the 2D hit for KD.

2:14 - Good throw here to win the round.

Match 2 - Round 2

2:34 to 2:36 - Nice combo here for KD though I think a special cancelled fish summon for oki after 2D hit for KD would've been a better choice for coverage than the TK bubble since the 2D hit at max range. However, if the 2D KD had hit at a closer range, crossover oki with a TK bubble could've been an option here. From my POV, it looks like a crossover AD j.S could pop the TK bubble and hit BA from behind as another option.

Match 2 - Round 3

3:01 to 3:03 - Nice combo for KD here with a followup for bubble oki and double AD stuffs.

3:12 to 3:14 - Good air throw here with a followup combo for damage and KD in the corner.

Match 3 - Round 1

4:03 to 4:05 - Nice combo with the AA f.S for a combo though you might've been able to get a KD if you omitted the 5H before the Ice Spike.

4:13 to 4:15 - Nice CH j.S here and hit confirming it into an air combo though you didn't get all of it.

4:18 - Missed opportunity for oki after the 2D KD here.

4:20 - Though you missed the oki attempt before this, you make up for it by getting a throw here.

4:27 to 4:29 - Much like the earlier note I had made about you getting a CH j.H, either a re-jump for an air combo or Imperial Ray OD as a followup probably could've won you the round at this point. It seems that both times you got the CH j.H, BA was pretty high up when she got hit which allowed her to tech before you were able to hit her with the f.S.

4:41 - Good air throw here to win the round. Prior to this point though, you had nearly a full lifebar and around full tension as well. I think that you could've burned some tension for a DAA to knock BA away from you for some space or even use ODs as offense here to possibly end the round more quickly cause BA took a good chunk of your lifebar before you got that air throw that won you the round.

Match 3 - Round 2

4:53 to 4:55 - Nice AA CH 2S with a followup air combo here. That second j.P after the first one (maybe even the first as well, probably even the j.P used after the jump cancel) didn't seem necessary. I think you could've started the air combo with either j.K or j.S instead for more damage.

4:59 - Nice CH 2K here. Possible opportunity to follow up with 2D (maybe Ice Spike) for a KD, though range might be an issue.

5:00 to 5:01 - Good 2K > 2D combo here for KD. Possible opportunity for oki here as well via special cancelled fish summon or TK bubble.

5:08 to 5:10 - Nice AA CH 2S with a followup air combo here. Much like the earlier example, I don't think the j.P usage was necessary.

Match 4 - Round 1

5:41 to 5:45 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after the 2K hit here. You do get a throw here though but you don't go for the post-throw followup combo and opt to go for oki instead, which was nice to see.

5:48 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2P hit here.

5:49 to 5:52 - Why are you poking without summon cover here, especially when BA can GC attack and had access to 50% tension at that moment in time? You were quite fortunate here that BA blew tension to RC the GC attack and wasn't quite able to convert into a full combo.

5:53 to 5:56 - Good air throw after the tech here though I think you should've done a followup combo after the wallbounce to have better positioning for oki. You were too close to BA to use H fish for oki here and the IAD bubble setup used (was that P bubble?) as well as the j.2S didn't really have much cover from the fish summon to be effective. Maybe using something with K fish as your oki option would've been a good option here.

6:06 - Hmm. I think you might've had enough time to do an Imperial Ray OD for corner carry + KD after the CH Air Spear hit, range would've probably been an issue though.

6:09 to 6:11 - Why are you jumping in on BA here? Easy punish with GC attack into combo.

6:16 to 6:18 - Nice punish with Imperial Ray OD after using Air Spear to trigger the H counter. Was kinda hoping you'd do it again afterwards, lol.

6:20 - I think you might've been able to punish the S counter with an OD here.

6:23 to 6:24 - Bad time and range to summon something here since it cost you the round.

Match 4 - Round 2

6:51 to 6:54 - Good throw here with a followup combo to put BA in the corner.

6:55 to 6:59 - Good throw here with a followup combo.

7:01 to 7:02 - Hmm. I think the air-to-ground combo here should've been able to finish off BA for the win here, but due to the pause you made upon landing then dashing in to continue the combo (which may have not been necessary here, instead go straight into the combo once you land) allowed BA to burst out. Imperial Ray OD might've been an option here to prevent BA from bursting.

Match 4 - Round 3

7:21 to 7:22 - Bad summon here since you got punished by an IAD attack from BA.

7:24 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2P hit. The second 2P here was not necessary here.

7:26 - Good air throw here.

7:32 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2P hit here.

7:38 to 7:40 - Nice AA CH 2S with a followup air combo here.

7:48 to 7:50 - Good air-to-ground combo here with a 2D KD and oki with a TK bubble. I think a 2nd AD j.S might've been able to pop the TK P bubble from behind BA. K bubble would've probably been a better choice for crossover stuffs here. Special cancelled fish summon could've been an option as well.

7:54 to 7:58 - Good throw here with a followup combo afterwards. I think if you had done Ice Spike FRC and a followup combo after that, you might've been able to win the round at that moment.

Match 5 - Round 1

8:23 - Bad summon here since you got punished by an IAD attack from BA.

8:35 to 8:38 - Weird sequence of events here. You hit confirm a f.S but don't follow through with a combo and pause for a moment. Then you dash 2K > c.S and stop, then attack again into a blocked string. Were you going for a throw even though you had hit confirmed into a combo?

8:40 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2K hit here.

8:46 - Missed opportunity to combo for something after 2K hit here.

8:54 - Bad jump-in here since you got punished by a GC attack > followup combo from BA.

Match 5 - Round 2

9:07 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2P hit.

9:19 to 9:22 - Good throw here with a followup combo to put BA into the corner.

9:29 - I think you had an opportunity for an air-to-ground combo after the IAD j.2S hit had you followed up with a j.H > land > ground combo.

9:31 to 9:32 - Good KD here in the corner. Though you choose to do bubble oki, fish summon for oki via a special cancelled 2D is also an option here.

9:33 to 9:36 - Nice bubble pop here with a followup combo afterwards, though you didn't get a KD at the end with Ice Spike. Imperial Ray OD might've been an option here to use after f.S hit in order to get a KD.

9:41 - Nice CH 5H here. Possible opportunity to combo after it hit, probably with either a 2H or by using an OD.

9:46 to 9:47 - Point-blank summon?! If you didn't have a burst stocked, you probably would've got hit by the OD.

Match 5 - Round 3

9:57 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after the 1st 2P hit here.

9:58 to 9:59 - Good combo into KD, though you missed the opportunity to follow-up the KD with oki.

10:02 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2P hit here.

10:09 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2P hit here.

10:11 to 10:12 - Bad jump-in here since you got punished by a GC attack > followup combo from BA.

10:16 to 10:18 - Good hit confirm j.S into air combo here.

10:21 to 10:25 - Good punish with Imperial Ray OD after using Air Spear to trigger H counter and the followup combo was a nice touch.

Match 6 - Round 1

11:08 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after f.S hit here.

11:14 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2P hit here.

11:26 to 11:28 - Good CH Ice Spike here with fish summon for oki afterwards.

11:29 to 11:31 - Nice CH 2P after the 5H from BA was nullified by the fish summon. Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2P hit. The throw to put BA closer into the corner was a good option here.

11:33 to 11:35 - 2K > 2D for KD via the fish summon oki was a good option here.

11:38 to 11:39 - Not too bad of a trade here with you countering IAD j.S from BA with a j.S to pop the bubble from DI.

11:41 to 11:42 - Possible opportunity to combo for KD after 2S hit. I think that you could've comboed into an OD for the round win here.

11:45 - Bad time to jump out here. If you had just blocked the OD, I think you could've countered with most anything for the round win.

Match 6 - Round 2

11:58 to 12:00 - Nice catch with the AA f.S into a combo for KD.

12:22 to 12:24 - Good AA CH 2S with a followup air combo here.

12:27 to 12:29 - Good AA CH 2S with a followup air combo here.

12:33 to 12:36 - Bad summon here since BA used H counter via the bubble pop to punish you with a followup combo afterwards.

Match 7 - Round 1

12:55 - I think you should've gone straight into 2D for KD after 2P hit here.

12:57 - Good CH Ice Spike here to punish the IAD Tatami from BA.

12:59 - I think you might've been able to punish the IAD attack from BA had you popped the bubble immediately after summoning it.

13:03 to 13:04 - Why did you pause here after bursting the Dust attempt from BA and wait for her to get up?

13:17 - Nice air throw here.

13:21 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2P hit here.

13:22 to 13:25 - Good throw here with a followup combo to put BA into the corner.

13:30 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2P hit here.

Match 7 - Round 2

13:51 to 13:53 - Nice AA f.S here for a combo into the corner, though you probably might've gotten the KD via Ice Spike had you omitted the 5H from the combo.

14:00 to 14:03 - Nice CH Ice Spike here with a followup combo afterwards that ended in KD. I think that if you had done an Ice Spike FRC followup combo here, you probably could've won the round at that moment.

14:10 to 14:15 - I think you could've won the round here by using Necro's Anger OD to counter the rushdown from BA.

14:25 to 14:26 - Nice crossover after the j.2S activated the GC attack in the opposite direction and throwing BA from behind once you landed.

Match 7 - Round 3

14:33 - Good air throw here to start the round.

14:50 to 14:53 - Good throw here with a followup combo for KD.

14:55 to 14:58 - Good throw here with a followup combo for KD.

15:02 to 15:05 - Nice job using 6H > air combo here to win the round.

Match 8 - Round 1

15:16 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2K hit here.

15:20 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after 2P hit here.

15:21 to 15:23 - Nice combo into KD for bubble oki here. I think that if you were closer to BA with the 2D KD, your crossover mixup with the bubble might've been stronger.

15:41 - Pause!? :psyduck:

Match 8 - Round 1 / Reset

16:12 - Possible opportunity for a combo after 2P hit here.

16:15 - Nice CH Ice Spike here to counter the IAD attack from BA.

16:29 to 16:31 - Nice burst bait here and following it up with a punish.

16:35 to 16:37 - Good AA f.S into a combo for KD here. I think a Ice Spike FRC followup combo or an Imperial Ray OD after the f.S hit might've been able to inflict enough damage to BA for the round win.

16:42 to 16:44 - Nice throw here with a followup f.S for the win.

Match 8 - Round 2

16:50 to 16:53 - Good CH j.H here with a followup combo for KD into the corner.

16:54 to 16:57 - Good corner rushdown here with the air-to-ground combo for damage + KD.

17:04 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after either 2P or 2K hit. It might've been possible to use Necro's Anger OD as a surprise attack for the win here.

17:09 - Nice air throw here after the tech by BA for the win.

Match 9 - Round 1

17:23 to 17:25 - Good throw here after blocking the burst, though you missed the followup combo opportunity afterwards.

17:28 - Good air throw here to catch BA after the tech.

Match 9 - Round 2

17:51 to 17:52 - Nice read with the back IAD > AD j.2S > j.H at the start of the round.

17:58 - Good throw here in the corner.

18:09 to 18:13 - Good job here blocking the TK YZS then getting a throw with a followup combo for KD in the corner.

18:17 to 18:20 - Bad gatling string here with 5K > 5H since you got hit by a GC attack > combo for quite a good bit of damage.

18:23 to 18:25 - Nice AA f.S into an Ice Spike FRC combo. I think you might've been able to connect with an Ice Spike after the dash f.S though.

18:27 - Possible opportunity to combo for a KD after the 2P hit here.

18:38 - I think you might've been able to punish the H counter after 2P had triggered it with an Imperial Ray OD to win the round here. It probably would've been a good read if it was correct, lol.

18:41 to 18:42 - Hmm. I think you might've been able to punish the TK YZS on block here with an Imperial Ray OD.

Some comments:

- Utilize some summons to protect your rushdown.

You RTSD with normals/pokes and not that much summon cover, which sometimes results in you getting countered/punished. Try to get some summons out before you decide to dash in to attack. K fish and H fish, cover a good amount of range from fullscreen to cover your approach, TK P bubble and TK K bubble cover a good amount of range in front of Dizzy by just being there, and (held) Air Spear can be utilized as either an offensive/defensive option. With summon cover, Dizzy can be more effective at mid to close range battle with her normals/pokes. Without summon cover, Dizzy puts herself at risk in close range battle when using normals/pokes by themselves, mainly because other characters have better moves/tools to use at close range compared to Dizzy.

- Work on some hit confirm stuffs.

Sometimes, you hit confirm something into an air combo. Other times though, you hit a standing/crouching attack and don't follow through with a combo. If 2P or 2K hit by themself, followup with something that gives KD, like 2H or 2D. If you get a 5H at close range, it gatlings to 2H. With an AA CH 2S, you can go straight into j.K or j.S for better damage versus j.P which prorates 90%. Know what you can do in a situation so that you can make the most of your attacks.

- Okizeme stuffs.

Work on being more consistent with your oki and have some other variations for oki as well. HP fish is usually the default option of choice but other setups like KK fish or KP fish can be effective at times. Your aerial/ground rushdown needs to be fluid in order to compliment the summon setup you use for oki. K bubble is usually used in bubble oki stuffs since it has a better area of air-to-ground coverage, though P/S bubble have their uses as well.

- Tension usage.

There are times where you have a lot of Tension saved up but you don't utilize it much, save for defensive measures. Both ODs can be useful at times: Imperial Ray OD can be used as a combo ender that gives damage + KD and even unblockable setups with Dizzy's summons, most notable being Air Spear. Necro's Anger OD can be used as a pseudo-reversal of sorts and as a ranged 'grab' since it's unblockable. You would lose some rounds with nearly full Tension stocked, so don't be afraid to use an OD, especially if it can help you to win the round much sooner.

Outside of one instance of an Ice Spike FRC, there wasn't much FRC usage at all, unless you were trying to get FRCs out during your matches. I'd like to see more FRC usage, when applicable. You might want to consider learning 2H FRC as an option to supplement your close range rushdown tendencies so that you have a counter of sorts when theres a break between pokes and such.

FB bubble might also be a Tension option worth considering, since it homes in on an opponent and has a large detonation area when popped. It could be an addition to your arsenal provided you develop some strats with it and apply it to your gameplay style.

- 2D special cancel.

You got some 2D KDs during your matches, which were often followed up by TK bubble for oki. Consider utilizing special cancelled fish summons when you score a 2D KD for another oki option, when applicable.

- Summoning ranges.

Know when you are able to summon to avoid being punished and what you're able to summon in regard to your opponent's position on the screen.

- Defense.

Outside of using FD and IB whenever applicable, stay out of corners and play a zoning or runaway game to create some space besides doing rushdown. Your opponent should be fighting through your summons trying to make their way to you versus you rushing them down and bringing the fight to them with no summons to back you up.

Your playstyle with Dizzy suggests that you like to play "aggro" and RTSD whenever possible, without much summon cover. It's somewhat possible to play an "Aggro Dizzy" but you have to utilize her skillset to it's fullest extent to be effective. Summons are the backbone of her offense and defense and Dizzy plays best at (long) range where she can control the match in her favor. Once you get a KD, you can go all-out with RTSD tactics through okizeme and mixups. For now, just keep working at it and try out some stuff the next time you play. Also, remember to use training mode to practice some of this stuff as well.

That's about it.

Wow. Somehow i miss that post. Thx for commenting.

btw. Since Kazuki nowhere to see and Ruki only uppeared at recent a-cho, who is the strongest Dizzy player now. Manyou, Makki or someone else?

For your amusement, here's me getting owned by one of the best players in the world (though I did eventually win one match \o/)

Nehle(DI) vs. N-Otoko (VE)

After the matches he gave me some pointers (more yomi IAD to preven ball summons was the biggest thing), but yeah, you can tell I don't really know the matchup :)

Good shit on taking that one match.

I also saw the Dizzy mirror match between you and SDF on that stream... :vbang:

Haha, I didn't play a single good tourney game that entire tournament...

Sign in to follow this