Sign in to follow this  
Ice Prince

AC: Videos

another makoto match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxv1RgLxTC4

he surely has change his style, but I like the control usuage of the holding air spike in gatling combo.

here's one good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SveGSG7yazo&feature=related

not sure on the name of the dizzy player though, but that last second comeback "beautiful"

He may not be the makoto we know of but this is person is a very skilled dizzy player regardless being to withstand that kind of abuse and defend it as well as he did and wait for the right time to finally strike at the end it was masterful.

another makoto match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxv1RgLxTC4

he surely has change his style, but I like the control usuage of the holding air spike in gatling combo.

here's one good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SveGSG7yazo&feature=related

not sure on the name of the dizzy player though, but that last second comeback "beautiful"

I think the katakana says Mitch, phonetically. Micchii is what I see

ttp://big.freett.com/dpydr752/hikariac.zip enjoy. been a while for CM. And my joke unblockable is also in there! :yaaay: Finally, somebody bothered to put that in a CM. Been around since #R that trick:psyduck:

Well here is 3 matches of mine recorded at the first ranbat for the season there were other matches but they went unrecorded...............

Too rusted these day need to do some serious practise for the next ranbat.

GGXXAC - Batasan [sL] vs Lucia [DI] - CWR1 2008

GGXXAC - Lucia [DI] vs Batasan [sL] 2 - CWR1 2008

GGXXAC - Feri [iN] vs Lucia [DI] - CWR1 2008

p.s Thnx loki for uploading the vids :yaaay:

last time i talked to you i think you said that you hadn't played in a long time. and thats the only real issue i see in the vids so far. you just missed alot of combos that could have net you the Win. that Slayer player really liked the S Dandy. throw his ass next time and teach him to stop that! you recked his face in match 2 so i was happy with that. the Ino match was interesting to watch. it went back and forth alot. you had good reaction to AA with f.S and i like your use of the K Spiral (steals). but again exicution was a big problem and cost you the Win. i am sure now that your season has started that'll change. i can't wait for more vids.

No one's been playing Dizzy these day? here some of my season 2 ranbat 2.0 matches recorded. still sluggerish but I know what i need to improve on.

Millia- her okizeme will make you hit her combo once in a while, approaching pin annoying godly if only I can air throw those pin attempts.

Venom- anyone else hate navigating through a wall of ball defence?

Eddie- Beat him down faster than he can beat you

Pot- Combo'ing off this lard is very fun one mistake could cost you the game tho :vbang:

GGXXAC - Desuu [VE] vs Lucia [DI] - CWR2 2k8

GGXXAC - Loki [ZA] vs Lucia [DI] - CWR2 2k8

GGXXAC - Armies - Part 4 - CWR2 2k8

GGXXAC - Armies - Part 5 - CWR2 2k8

GGXXAC - Armies - Part 6 - CWR2 2k8

P.S I did not play baiken that was a friend in a 6v6 match.

Dloop Dizzy players need to step it up on the feed back if they really wish to help eachother out. a man shouldn't have vids up for this long with out comments.... GGXXAC - Desuu [VE] vs Lucia [DI] - CWR2 2k8- runaway game was good. Remember to be patient when blocking VE though. I only saw you use the K Spiral more often then S. don’t forget the S Spiral has uses too. If they block it you sally get a free TK bubble. Your Fish pressure could use some more work as well. Also, VE’s 6P is really good. Avoid dashing at him without cover so much. Throw mix ups in the corner were real good though, nice. GGXXAC - Loki [ZA] vs Lucia [DI] - CWR2 2k8- it would have been nice to see a combo after that Ice Spike FRC but good recovery with the fish set up. The bubble loop attempts in the corner were good to see as well. GGXXAC - Armies - Part 4 - CWR2 2k8- for the most part you defense was pretty decent. Just remember to respect Millia’s Oki games. Dizzy’s back dash sucks so just FD. Don’t let Millia throw you after she whiffs her super… kill the bitch please. I noticed that you like to do another jump after 2D>TK Bubble set ups and go for j.2S. Why not try for 2k sometimes for more mix up? Great comeback at the end by the way! GGXXAC - Armies - Part 5 - CWR2 2k8- you air dash x2 set up in the corner is nice. But it might be better to forgo the 6P combo and end it with a KD. Also try to combo off of a CH ice spike in to a KD. You can still get the same fish setup that you went for. Eddie match was well played just remember to avoid using spirals too much. The drills will get you. GGXXAC - Armies - Part 6 - CWR2 2k8- IMO if you know your spacing with Dizzy Pot is a pretty simple match up, as long as you keep him off you that is. You did that vary well.

My bad. I saw the first link then didn't have time to see the rest, and eventually forgot about this post. I'll check it out. 1st Vid: Besides dropping all your dust combos :psyduck: it seemed well played. Venom is hard to deal with so try to end it with one knockdown. 2nd Vid: Good use of double air dash. Once again I wouldn't go for bubble loop on the first combo, utilize your knockdown+okizeme strength. Also at 1:10, if you're baiting his tech, throw out a f.S, it will destroy all back techs and give you enough time to survive a forward tech. Once again dropped combos will hurt you. 3rd Vid: Good use of imperial ray. I always find it best used as either a knockdown tool or to give room for summons. If you're able, try FRCing your icespikes whenever you have tension so you can put down a more solid okizeme, since tension isn't a big factor for damage. And once again, just say no to dropped combos!!! 4th Vid: Remember that venom is like you. He wants to be across the screen so he can set up his ball formations, which are actually superior to Dizzy's summons. Therefore, don't let him do it! If you see him retreating across the screen, airdash forward (use slashback for distance) and punish him. Also, this venom player likes to FD your pressure, so use pressure strings with more projectiles and less normals. Aaaand, get your combos down :v: 2nd round was intense :p When you run away and land, you used imperial ray, i think necro would have been better since they're chasing you down and trying to score an antiair hit, necro would have punished those greedy bastards. It's the same buffer anyway. @ 3:20... come on, you shoulda seen that burst! Last round for him, last amount of life, burst available, it's coming for sure. 3:25, I woulda popped the bubble, but I think you woulda done the same in retrospect. 5th Vid: Glad you know about Dizzy's dash going over slidehead. Also remember that you have to use standing IB against Pot's 6H to avoid the slidehead trap. You need to hit confirm your pressure strings, you're dropping too many potential combos. Glad to see you finally pull off a dust combo :yaaay: And you know about IB the mega fist for a free throw :yaaay: 2:35 good f.S bait. And make it a habit to spam normals when you are up against hammerfall, a lot of people have an instinct to stop their attack and try to block, which means death. Can't believe you lost in the end though. End Note: remember that Dizzy is a character that can end the match with 1 knockdown, so practice your okizeme, and use combos that end with knockdown.

Glad to see you finally pull off a dust combo And you know about IB the mega fist for a free throw 2:35 good f.S bait. And make it a habit to spam normals when you are up against hammerfall, a lot of people have an instinct to stop their attack and try to block, which means death. Can't believe you lost in the end though.

I always felt my dust combo needs alot of work, its usually when you don't expect them to get hit but it does sometimes which throws me off guard the impossible dust input and something werid comes out.

This pot is a friend who've played against me many times, against pot We always say shit happens when you up against pot to show how gay he can be xD. but yeah dissapointing that I lost in the last round so terribly I should practise reacting for pots overhead.

GGXXAC - Loki [ZA] vs Lucia [DI] - CWR2 2k8- it would have been nice to see a combo after that Ice Spike FRC but good recovery with the fish set up. The bubble loop attempts in the corner were good to see as well.

Lol, respect zappa's hit box. He's someone you want to loop when possible, the zappa player is a friend of mine who's trying out various new character. Not a serious GG player yet but learning the game, I didn't feel threaten in this match so it was basicly to have fun.

GGXXAC - Armies - Part 4 - CWR2 2k8- for the most part you defense was pretty decent. Just remember to respect Millia’s Oki games. Dizzy’s back dash sucks so just FD. Don’t let Millia throw you after she whiffs her super… kill the bitch please. I noticed that you like to do another jump after 2D>TK Bubble set ups and go for j.2S. Why not try for 2k sometimes for more mix up? Great comeback at the end by the way!

yes I should consider more mix up when I do Tk bubble. hitting low never cross my mind when im airborne. OMG I did got thrown after millia use winger :vbang: Something I should remember respect millia AA, its actually very good vs Dizzy.

3rd Vid: Good use of imperial ray. I always find it best used as either a knockdown tool or to give room for summons. If you're able, try FRCing your icespikes whenever you have tension so you can put down a more solid okizeme, since tension isn't a big factor for damage. And once again, just say no to dropped combos!!!

failing my ice spike frc lately and when I do get it I just summon fish on reaction these day lol.

I think I saw a lot of 6HS which was supposed to be a throw.

Try to do the option-select throw by pressing 6, S, and HS, all together. (You can also press K instead of S.)

If they are not in the range or still in the block stun, c.S will come out instead of 6HS.

interesting concept, I don't find 6hs a bad outcome in pressure strings it does land a whopping 40 points of GB which is ideal for large damage in dust combo.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uIkv1G7ECHs&feature=related

i dont know if this vid was alredy posted or not but i just felt i had to comment on this players patience when playing Dizzy. I noticed how he blocked when he was supposed to until he found a wasy to escape pressure safely. IMO its defenatly a good idea not only to learn good agression with Dizzy(pressure,oki,ticks) but good defence as well.

Slayer could not have got out of the first hit of the Air Spike because of Fuzzy Gaurd. that's the whole point of the Bubble poo to the Air Spike. it takes lots of practice to get it down. but as long as they block the j.K(pop) then they have to block the Air Spike.

Little known fact, the fuzzy guard actually doesn't work. I didn't realize this until I played AC but one of the main reasons why I gave up on those air spike pressure loops is that a popped bubble does not necessarily keep the opponent in fuzzy guard.

All the opponent has to do is block high on your j.K, then immediately switch to low block against the bubble. Now he is crouching, and your 421S will whiff, and your opponent will get a free combo/throw. :(

Little known fact, the fuzzy guard actually doesn't work. I didn't realize this until I played AC but one of the main reasons why I gave up on those air spike pressure loops is that a popped bubble does not necessarily keep the opponent in fuzzy guard.

All the opponent has to do is block high on your j.K, then immediately switch to low block against the bubble. Now he is crouching, and your 421S will whiff, and your opponent will get a free combo/throw. :(

cgs, thx for seeing the light too.

Small note to those that practice this in Traings Mode. A human can switch from high to low guard much faster then the CPU dummy.

Meaning to say, just because you do this flawless on CPU dummy, doesnt mean youre gonna make it work the same on human players.

You do this too much or you do this to someone you play a lot, he´ll get the hang of the guard switch timing sooner or later down.

There is one similar set up involving bite fish which protects you from combos while you do 421S, and to a very small degree, from throw too. Well, trying to throw Dizzy there is a whole harder lol. So w/ bite fish to cover your pointblank 421S looks a lot more better then having no fish out.

PS. I just realised, people like to do point blank TK bubble, jK, 421S when there is no fish summon available. So forget about the bite fish covering 421S stuff I wrote lol

BTW I forgot to mention that those were some nice matches :cool: (EDIT: to fatewalker)

And also to zaeris, great matches. Usually when people ask for comments I always see it like "Please proofread my essay" so I have that mindset, and of course it also means pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes :p I don't mean to sound critical or anything, and I'm sure you know your own mistakes.

Just wanted to get that out there in case there are any misunderstandings:eng101:

Sup dudes, my friend uploaded a few matches of us playing just this saturday (what a relief after finals). We had a ps3 camera so we were able to record our casuals :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d5DA5kM-IJs

bizarro(DI) vs. frcflyingjohnny(JO) - 3 matches

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KT4stllXCNU

bizarro(DI) vs. frcflyingjohnny(JO) - 1 match

So far I've seen he's only got these up, but maybe he'll post more later.

Comments/advice appreciated!

EDIT: fixed the links

Jp tick throws are quite interest. Now if only we can somehow arrange a dizzy tournament online it would be fun.

@Bizzarro: just watch the 1st vid, u throw 2hs quite often on your games and i thought i'm the only Dizzy player that use the attack :I: ..anyway your spacing was good on it and learned some mid screen high jump cross up in that vid :yaaay:

Totally, 2HS is definitely not safe to throw around recklessly. The midscreen highjump crossup actually starts off from a failed 2D special cancel. I've found that when I miss my 2D > icespike, a superjump always results. It's not that bad of a result, however, like you pointed out, it can be used as a crossup into airdash, or into (land) > 2K > 2D > icespike, so has high/low potential also.

I dunno if I can call it a regular basis, but yes everytime I play GG this johnny player is there :) He usually comes over to pick me up as he's on his way to a nearby gathering (since I don't have a car).

Sign in to follow this