Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xechs

Tekken 7 announced

Trailer was ehh. Mishima family hate each other we get it lol.

I get the feeling that Harada will announce a Steam version.. He touts his gaming PC and Steam account on twitter sometimes.

They're going with Unreal Engine 4 to streamline development and the porting process. This confirms it will be a next-gen exclusive, since 360/PS3 don't support it (Xrd uses UE3). Arcade version will almost certainly run on Namco's new system based on PS4 architecture, which hasn't received a game yet.

I have to admit that Tekken always felt like it would be well suited to the typical look and feel of a UE game.

Tekken X Street Fighter nope never heard of it we never announced that game it was all a dream go back to sleep honey.

I suppose that was a pretty decent trailer as far as zero-gameplay-footage previews go.  The part that caught my attention more than anything else was where it said "The Final Battle."  This won't be the last game in the series, but it makes me wonder if perhaps Harada is planning on taking an extended break from Tekken after this.  Either that or Tekken 8 will be a reboot...

Tekken X Street Fighter nope never heard of it we never announced that game it was all a dream go back to sleep honey.

And you won't hear any more of it until Capcom's numerous crippling issues get sorted out (read: they get bought out by someone, probably Bamco themselves).

I think by "final battle" they just mean it's the last confrontation between Kazuya and Heihachi. At least until they bring one or both of them back from the dead for the second time...

Gonna be odd hearing old Heihachi without Daisuke Gouri this time. They got away with it in Tag 2 by reverting him to his T1/T2 age, so it was expected he'd sound different.

I think by "final battle" they just mean it's the last confrontation between Kazuya and Heihachi. At least until they bring one or both of them back from the dead for the second time...

Hm, you're probably right.  It feels like they've really been cranking out new titles in this franchise lately, but maybe that's just my perception.  I still mostly play Tekken 5/DR, haha.

Hopefully they make a ps3 version too

I hope they don't. Most of the next-gen titles are ports or are cross-gen. Next gen eill never go anywhere until it casts aside the previous.

I hope they don't. Most of the next-gen titles are ports or are cross-gen. Next gen eill never go anywhere until it casts aside the previous.

Nah, not only the online will be much more populated (there´s a huge amount of people that still uses the ps3 instead of ps4, not to mention it can be like like in guilty gear xrd and have online comptability between ps3 and ps4 ) but also with the ps3 you get free online too.

Hopefully they make a ps3 version too

Is UE4, it practically confirms that there wouldn't be a ps3/360 version

Too premature to claim that VF is over. Akira's been getting a whole lot of playable guest appearances lately, so Sega hasn't totally neglected the series.

I wonder if Eliza will be incorporated into T7 as a full-fledged character.

I'd be fine with VF ending on the Final Showdown high note. The series had come a long way since the first few floaty games. I'm too afraid they'll do something to it that they'll regret. You know, like Soul Calibur. (I mad.)

I'd be fine with VF ending on the Final Showdown high note. The series had come a long way since the first few floaty games. I'm too afraid they'll do something to it that they'll regret. You know, like Soul Calibur. (I mad.)

SC5 was fine. Unless you mean the f2p one.

Soul Calibur kind of mirrored Tekken in how the 4th installment was a train wreck, then they got things back in order with the 5th installment.  At least the F2P Tekken game is kind of enjoyable, whereas I've yet to hear anyone say anything good about the F2P SC.

I actually really enjoyed the time I spent with Revolution, but it's been some time since I've played it.

Lost Swords is a disaster, though. In every conceivable way.

Most people I heard from considered SCV to be a huge step back from SCIV. They severely curtailed everyone's movesets (Raphael with no dodge counters? Wha?) and pointlessly restricted Guard Impact with a meter cost, while adding some cheezy EX specials and ultra combos to pander to the Esports crowd and everyone who only got into fighting games because of SFIV.

And Kilik is technically in SCV as a Mokujin character.

Most people I heard from considered SCV to be a huge step back from SCIV. They severely curtailed everyone's movesets (Raphael with no dodge counters? Wha?) and pointlessly restricted Guard Impact with a meter cost, while adding some cheezy EX specials and ultra combos to pander to the Esports crowd and everyone who only got into fighting games because of SFIV.

And Kilik is technically in SCV as a Mokujin character.

Maybe you mean SCIII? Because SCIV is possibly the worst fighting game in existence. SCV is really good, I don't care what the haters say. Kilik's style went to Xiba, so it's fine.

Glad to know Tekken 7 is going to be a reality. As long as it doesn't take a cue from Tekken Revolution, I'm all for the next generation of Tekken. One thing I wish they'd get rid of are bounds. In Tekken 6, bounds are really not all that useful. They're more useful in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 because of Tag Assault combos. In my ideal world, Tekken 7 would play like an evolved Tekken 4, my favorite in the series.

I like bound combos. Then again I like vf more than tekken so I cant really say anything

In my ideal world, Tekken 7 would play like an evolved Tekken 4, my favorite in the series.

I like bound combos.

These are funny jokes y'all posting.