Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xechs

Tekken 7 announced

With that in mind she has more in common with fucking Rufus on account of being a blonde American (?) comic relief character who flies around like Sin Cara fucking up his finisher in WWE.

It was said somewhere that the machine was set to Easy difficulty. It's not known whether this is true for all pre-launch cabinets or only some. It's also not known if Easy difficulty lowers the amount of fights in Arcade Mode.

Jin, Devil Jin, and 2 new characters have been leaked.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/03/19/leaked-tekken-7-data-reveals-jin-kazama-devil-jin-and-other-new-characters/

First new character is a tan girl with a red ribbon in her hair, a yellow shirt, and a blue skirt. Possibly Filipino.

Second character is what appears to be a giant guy in a bio-suit strapped to a life support system. Looks like a red Big Daddy from Bioshock.

Jin has his hoodie from Tekken 4 back.

Jin's got half the hoodie he had from Tekken 4. I dunno what the fuck else he's wearing or why.

This bums me out more than it should, cuz I found that Tekken 4 hoodie to be the best design for Jin. I could blame it on nostalgia, but I digress.

That girl... Ugh.  I'm glad to see more women on the roster, but ever since the fans started salivating over Lili, at least half of the new females added to the Tekken games look like they were originally from DOA.  Give us a few gals with some muscle tone for a change, jeez.

I'll take a wild guess and predict the big red guy is a secret alternate boss similar to NANCY in Tekken 6.

I'll take a wild guess and predict the big red guy is a secret alternate boss similar to NANCY in Tekken 6.

Watch him have Tager 360s. And it only takes one to kill you. lol

Jin, Devil Jin, and the new girl have now been officially revealed. No word yet on the Bane/Big Daddy thing yet.

Girl's name is Josie Rizal, and she is indeed from the Philippines, though she speaks English in her quotes. She fights with Escrima and Kickboxing. 

Girl's name is Josie Rizal, and she is indeed from the Philippines, though she speaks English in her quotes.

Named after their national hero, José Rizal.

Nothing weird about her speaking English; they do speak English in the Philippines and it is one of their official languages.

For a Filipino fighter, she doesn't sound filipino. Maybe she just doesn't have the accent I hear most of the time.

Color me interested. She looks cool. I'll be looking forward to using her.

Some people have pointed out that Josie's Rage Art animation is incredibly similar to Xiba's Critical Edge from SCV, and Devil Jin's is copy-pasted verbatim from his SCV custom character moveset. Jin's seems to be recycled from a move he already had in Tekken 6, just with fancy new camera angles.

I wonder if Kazuya can still transform into Devil and back at will. In TTT2, it wasn't just a special tag animation like it had been in TTT.

Also still waiting to hear about Lee Chaolan's return, my venerable main in every game since Tekken 4.

Almost everybody's Rage Art is recycled from somewhere.

-Any characters who were in SFxT have their supers as their Rage Arts.

-Other returning characters have item moves they previously had or in DJ's case, his Critical Edge from SC5.

-New characters either have original moves or modified versions of the Critical Edges from SC5.

Man, that's pretty lazy. Harada's team should have held off on adding an Ultra mechanic until they were confident in their ability to create new animations for it. I could have forgiven it in TTT2 if that game had Rage Arts, but it's harder to overlook for a canonical main series entry, where they aren't just dumping in every last clone character who ever appeared in a Tekken game.

Maybe it belies their unfamiliarity with the Unreal Engine, but ArcSys seemed to have no problem adapting to it.

I wouldn't fail a rage art as Josie, especially when she say "get ready to fly!" lol

Just like playing and losing with Oro in SF3.