Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xechs

Tekken 7 announced

There is something off about this game already, but I can't quite put my finger on it yet. 

And I'm also getting more than bored with Heihachi and Kazuya being unable to kill each other and get a new storyline.  The current one should've concluded in Tekken 3 or 4. 

In any case, this will probably be my last Tekken.  4, 5, and 6 were lacking in my opinion as far as innovation and 6 especially with the comeback mechanic was a letdown as well.  We'll see how this one goes.

The effects look really nice. On a KI level.

Catalina (Katarina I guess) plays exactly like I knew she would and wanted her to. I found my next character.

Looks like bounds apply to less moves now. That's good I guess. Shortens the long juggles.

Supers are kind of odd to me. They look like weaker versions of DOA's Power Blow. Points for trying. If they really are just the SFxT supers, I can't wait to see Hwoarang's in action!

Game looks fine to me. The new 2D fighter-style mechanics don't seem anywhere near as intrusive or harmful to balancing as they were in SCV. The DOA Power Blow comparison is apt, because there's no meter.

I just knew there would be splashing particle effects over everything like in Killer Instinct 3 to remind everyone that the game's on new hardware. While they're annoying, I bet they'll be toned down for the final version or you can turn them off in the console ports.

Tekken 4 had bad music? I thought it had some awesome tracks like the airport, rooftop, beach and laboratory stage. I rock Authentic Sky on my car stereo! I also love Tekken 4's presentation and announcer. That is enough nostalgia for me to pop in T4 in my PS2 and play it right now. o/

Yea, I agree that Four had great tracks, my favorites in the series tbh.  Nothing about Tag Two was memorable to me though. Except Knocc Em Down.. 

Need that

Homie you my next ween!

Yea, I agree that Four had great tracks, my favorites in the series tbh.  Nothing about Tag Two was memorable to me though. Except Knocc Em Down.. 

Need that

Homie you my next ween!

I personally really liked the Fight Labs themes myself. I would say the others that I liked, but those are really just remixes of songs before.

Eh, I liked about half of all the tracks in Tag Two (remix or otherwise) and still played with the custom soundtrack. I do really like all the menu music, including the character select theme albeit T4's still a little above it being my most favorite.

Lucky chloe makes me want to kill myself

If it weren't for the fact that I now know he's trolling, Harada's "statements" on Twitter that Lucky Chloe will be "region exclusive" to Europe and East Asia and won't be in the North American version would make me want to kill myself. And I'm not even interested in the character.

New character revealed!

tekken-7-tgs2014-newcharacter.jpg

Oh great. My mom is in Tekken now.

I don't think Bound is terrible, it made a lot of sense in TTT2. Won't be missing it though.

Oh great. My mom is in Tekken now.

Next game night happening at Nemo's house.  No discussion.

As for that OTHER new character...  I'll say this much: She's not as out of place in that game as Platinum is in BlazBlue.

So...we're not comparing Lucky Chloe (T7) to Marie Rose (DoA5-U)? Oh well...>_>

I never really understood that comparison myself TBH. They almost have nothing alike besides the fact that they're both blond and have pigtails.