Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[P4AU] Rise Kujikawa Gameplay Discussion

It will be interesting to see shadow rise combos. A combo with risete field into rissete live would be a crowd pleaser.

I mean regular Rise can do that unless Rhythm super changes properties from regular and shadow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

some quick impressions after playing rise, it seems j.b is a complete overhead in other words all hits should be blocked high, you can do wierd things like detonate one note and the other stays and when you use rock you again only one note apears if there's another one already on stage

About the unblockable, can it be used while the foe is in blockstun? Can it be canceled from normals?

I really really want to play this char already why did I come to work today qq

On a serious note (pun) though, how many of her moves serve lockdown purposes!? It sounds like once she's in, she is in that ass for awhile...

The basic combo video from Sugi_Vs is pretty good. It's great to see that you can combo into 5D and 2D to get a guaranteed scanned condition on the opponent. Some interesting experiments with D normals in pressure too. Looks like we're off to a good start ^,^

This character is a hell of a lot of fun. I'm pretty much just doing simple combos into 2AB > 236B for now. If you get them to block a 5B with note out, 5B > 2C becomes a blockstring, and from there you can do j.B > j.A > land > j.B fuzzy for mixup. 236B seems far superior than 236A since the A notes don't settle in a good spot to be hit by 5B.

+I really like the pushback effect from Tetrakarn, but I'm not sure when I'm supposed to put it out there. When I knock them down, going for oki just seems much better.

+2D is really threatening at neutral. Getting scanned feels hopeless, they have to deal with a free approach from disc or the constant threat of the orb super, which has no invuln but comes out in ~5F.

-I have no idea what to do at ~max 5B range. 5B has mega recovery if you're too far away to cancel it, and all of her persona attacks are too slow to reliably poke with. She can't really approach without a setup, either, so I think you have to play kind of lame until you get a scan or lock them down, and just avoid the midrange altogether. This might give her a hard time against characters with good ranged normals and chase options like Ken and Yukari.

Just my day 0 impressions, I'm sure everything I say will be proven wrong in a week.

25 also you can do 236236CD and keep opponent hitting from those satellites and when timer is going to end, press C and instantly do 214214CD and complete DDR

Quick on the rhythm super I quickly tested:

-Three songs for each version of the super. They seem to always go in a fixed cycle separate from each other.

Personally I found that the first D song is the easiest to get to max, since the notes are slow and don't flood you with a large amount all at once. The third SB song isn't too bad either.

Full damage on D version is 4950.

Also, SB Arrow Rain will always miss if the opponent stands in place.

So how are you guys faring in neutral?

I find her midrange game severely lacking. Her good normals are closed range and her best area seems to be far. Midrange 5b is less than desirable, need to test if max range is cancel into 5c. 2c feels ok but needs to be a read. Rock you b seems merely ok as a poke. And it puts out notes. Haven't tested any of her moves relative safety. I don't use no touching without a note out but even then it's hotbox is meh and it's slow. Midrange is seeming hard for her without a setup. Notes don't seem to help much right now, trying to use them like dizzy use her bubbles in gg, but hers feels more grounded and limited.

Far range feels the best of course, you get at least one chance to setup. Her neutral here feels like litchi, so many god damn options and they all feel good to use. Scans cover so much space but put persona in a lot of recovery. C normals are decent projectiles and can be canceled faster though they are slow to start. Arrows cover strong spaces and also recover fast. Even with scan I'm not a huge fan of platinum disc recovery unless I'm missing something it doesn't seem like something you throw out often even with a scan. Shields work after some conditioning, I like their effects. What else... Her air attacks are definitely like litchi, the jc j2b duo and can use scans in the air, she won't be completely free airborne.

Currently looking for some close range ideas, particularly pressure resets and mixup. Does she have anything here that is plus on block besides already out notes? I heard she has a fuzzy, I've tried it but can it be combined from?

Supers seem combo ender-key except the satellite super, that is such a boss super

Currently looking for some close range ideas, particularly pressure resets and mixup. Does she have anything here that is plus on block besides already out notes? I heard she has a fuzzy, I've tried it but can it be combined from?

22A (the initial hit) is plus on block if you're within range in the corner, and it gives you enough time to do 5A > 5C > hop mixup. Pressure midscreen is a little weak without notes/scan, but you can still end strings in 236A and be safe, or even slightly plus if you space it correctly. One thing I'm noticing is that her corner carry isn't that great, so I'm wondering if ending combos in 236C might be a good idea to blow them away and put up a shield or lightning, similar to what Rachel does sometimes.

As for the fuzzy, you need meter to make it worthwhile I think. j.B > j.C > OMC will leave you at advantage if they block it, and give you a combo if they don't.

Looks like j.2B can be spaced to go low without hitting mid first. Anyone have any luck with this? I've only messed around with combos so far, no actual matches yet.

Looks like j.2B can be spaced to go low without hitting mid first. Anyone have any luck with this? I've only messed around with combos so far, no actual matches yet.

Yup, it's especially useful from midscreen after 5C > hop, or any hop in general, since there's landing recovery if you try to do a regular empty jump low. Unfortunately, I think 236CD (or 236AB in the corner) is the only way to get anything substantial from it. If you have a note out, you can pop it with 236A into combo.

So Shadow Rise?

Seems like fast meter build giving easy consistent access to SB combo extenders (SB Disk and SB Notes) and being able to do Orbiters at any time would be a big buff. I dunno how much she would be able to scoop with a Shadow Rampage combo but I'm willing to bet a few SB specials > Orbiters > Dance Super would deal a decent amount.

Obviously lack of burst and having to spend 100 meter on Orbiters would be the downside but I think it'd at least be worth experimenting with.

I don't really understand how you should play her. I try to run away and zone with 5C and 5D, but I just get bulldozered by my oppoents and die.

Any advice on how you should play her?

She doesn't seem like a zone-y character to me. Doesn't feel like it. I feel like she should be applying pressure when she can using notes and if she's too far, she should be prepping for ways of getting back in and not staying out.

this. if anything she is more of a setup char than a zoner. her strongest options from afar grant her alot of plus frames to get in without getting dp'd. she can zone in a sense that she has a ton of screen control but the recovery on alot of her attacks mean she needs to cover them with something. she cant continue pressure for long from afar. I think getting lightning, notes, or shield out is absolute priority. though notes are kinda meh it does give her another option in the neutral. these options will make the foe think twice about coming forward, but not for long. 2d is decent as well but that recovery...

not sure what she does if she gets pushed out because midrange is horrid for her I think. so for right now it seems like once you’re in you have to make the most of it. still day 1 or 2 so she needs some more analysis.

new combo video  thread has a throw omc going into standard combo route midscreen.

throw omc dash 5c 22a (lightning hits on the way up). it was done on yu. when i tried on yukiko lightning does not hit on the way up. might depend on character fat.

edit: silly me, looks like she does a dash 5c after 236cd. i'm going to try that

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but you can delay Rise's D normals.

Hold any D button move and you can delay when the scan comes out. 

Messing with her a bit. She's hard. My challenge 25 combo:

5C > 2B > 5B > 2A+B > 214A > 236236C (3 hits) > 5C > 214214C+D max damage.