mixedmethods

[P4AU] Ken Amada Gameplay Discussion

Well it's no biggie, we can confirm ourselves soon enough. That would be interesting though if they really felt the need to drop his health by 1k before release.

I probably won't get my hands on it til tomorrow evening, tonight I doubt it will download fast enough for me to get any playtime. 12.6GB :vbang:

Seems like Ken is more about sustaining really nasty pressure than mix-up, which, if my guess is right, means locking Narukami down and not letting him breathe.

From what I've been doing online and seeing others do this seems to be very true.

Thanks for the confirm, Agito -- gives us something to work with for his "Strengths & Weaknesses" data.

If you're going to cover weakness I'd say its the slow normals and having to keep an eye on Koro all the time.

On that note...

- His anti-air is rather average with the first hit not even hitting above him and the invuln being really hard to use.

- His DP has pretty bad range and is very easy to punish due to how long he stays off screen.

- To my knowledge, if your opponent crosses you up, DP > super may not be an option because the super will come out the wrong way.

On the plus side... His low HP isn't as bad as it would initially seem. Because of Koromaru helping you out, you could do something like 5B > 2AB > 236D > 214B > 665A > etc to heal yourself during a blockstring.

The game is officially available.

I wont be able to play for another ~7 hours. At which point I'll be playing games against a friend and will have little time for training mode.

After that though... we in there.

I'll try to transcribe Ken's challenges ASAP, but some notes:

- need to fully test his roll, but so far, distance-wise, his looks like one of the better ones

- C and D AoA finishes can cause Shabrys-type problems with the game prioritising Koromaru (or I suck)

- 5B > 5C > Charge Thrust A > Gigantic Impact challenge requires you to hit 5B and 5C simultaneously in order to gatling into Charge Thrust (can't remember challenge number right now, sorry -- 12ish?)

- j.B is as ridiculously good as was noted; can be done deep to combo into 2A (one of the challenges) for some possible pressure/mix-up

On that note...

- His anti-air is rather average with the first hit not even hitting above him and the invuln being really hard to use.

- His DP has pretty bad range and is very easy to punish due to how long he stays off screen.

- To my knowledge, if your opponent crosses you up, DP > super may not be an option because the super will come out the wrong way.

On the plus side... His low HP isn't as bad as it would initially seem. Because of Koromaru helping you out, you could do something like 5B > 2AB > 236D > 214B > 665A > etc to heal yourself during a blockstring.

It's not that the super comes out wrong, but he has to actually recover a bit before the super comes out.

Also 5B>236A does combo by itself but you can have koro do 5c at the same time to increase damage. It's also one of Ken's challenge mode combos.

5AA>5B>236AA>Oki is something I've been doing quite a bit. It works pretty well as a basic low-execution confirm

You can actually do 5AA>5B>5C>236A (B follow up)> 236D> 66> 2B into stuff. I haven't found a way to optimize this yet though.

Going back to Narukami: I agree it's a bad MU, but unless you have Koromaru doing anything, Ziodyne won't hurt him. The hitbox for Ziodyne doesn't touch Koromaru when he's in his idle animation.

My bad, forgot to unlock the threads last night lol. They're open now, I have it downloading but will have to wait til after work to play.

Alright then. Would you rather me re-post stuff there or just leave it here and everything new go in the threads?

I can just move your post there when I get to a computer.

So 5AAA normally has Koro do 5C at the same time as the 3rd 5A? Wonder if they are jump cancel cancelling the 236A to prevent that?

I think the player is using Koromaru's 236D after the third A press. I tried it out myself and it seems to work.

Or maybe not. 236D comes out too fast that way; Ken doesn't recover in time to do 236B.

Edited by X40J995

I think I found out how to make Koro not attack after the third A press. Apparently if you hold back on the third A, Koro won't attack. He will just stay in place. So you can do that combo by doing AAA 41236A 236D.

Hope that helps you guys out :D :D 

Interesting, glad it's an easy solution.

Btw for whatever reason I'm unable to move posts, just hide or delete. I'll try getting that fixed but for now you can go ahead and just repost those combos in the combo thread.