Antiquarian

[P4AU] Tohru Adachi Gameplay Discussion

P4U2_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Discuss all things regarding Adachi in P4AU here.

Edited by Antiquarian

Excuse me while I'll drown in my Salt for missing the Chance to create this thread.

I can only link this for now: http://imgur.com/a/wsFCf

Holy crap...I don't know if its just the pictures quality but...that face for 5AAAA is terrifying 

Although I do wonder, him being a cop and all, if he'll actually will display some combat prowess in his moveset. 

Gotta repost this short playstyle description here, since it's pretty much all we have on him right now:

The short-fused former detective!
Main weapon: gun
Type: playful/taunting type
A character who deceives his opponent with tricky movements. He also has many ways to apply status ailments to the opponent, as well as strengthen himself.

I can only link this for now: http://imgur.com/a/wsFCf

That's actually the album I put together from his trailer. None of those moves are confirmed, just speculation based on what makes sense. Take them with a grain of salt etc.

If they don't show us any Adachi tonight, I will do a short summary of him with the info we know so far.

Gotta repost this short playstyle description here, since it's pretty much all we have on him right now:

where'd you find this originally? I'm curious

where'd you find this originally? I'm curious

On the original reveal scan.

Well I won't post the image but I do have confirmation Adachi's 236C/D is evil smile. (Which can cast fear as well, since it is..a fear type move)

Well I won't post the image but I do have confirmation Adachi's 236C/D is evil smile. (Which can cast fear as well, since it is..a fear type move)

I see no reason not to post it. For those who haven't seen it here it is.

yjuveqeq.jpg

Pretty cool we got a confirmation on Evil Smile, will the fabled Heat Riser make an appearance?!

I see no reason not to post it. For those who haven't seen it here it is.yjuveqeq.jpg

Pretty cool we got a confirmation on Evil Smile, will the fabled Heat Riser make an appearance?!

It was more since I was on my iPad when I got it saved. I also got an image of one of his supers in action from tumblr (where I got said image of evil smile)

Funny thing is that, officialy, he is the first char to have a mission number of his revealed.

Now, since Adachi was able to use Ghastly Wail in Persona, I think he will have it as an awakening super, just like Elizabeth. The one super that inflicted Fear but dealt low damage might be it. Though it also looked like Atom Smasher as well.

#hypeintensifies

The little preview video pretty much confirmed my main guess in the imgur gallery I created. That series ending with super is most definitely his auto-combo, and I think that super is "Heat Riser". Adachi doesn't get any Agi based attacks and he gets a buff after it hits that has a timer bar similar to Chie's power charge. Also the move is kind of a fire (Heat) pillar (Riser) so I think they chose this to be the best way to animate it.

If his gameplay revolves around buffing himself and debuffing his opponents I really like having Heat Riser on the auto-combo. Being able to get it off virtually any touch as long as you have 50 meter could be a huge asset to the character.

The little preview video pretty much confirmed my main guess in the imgur gallery I created. That series ending with super is most definitely his auto-combo, and I think that super is "Heat Riser". Adachi doesn't get any Agi based attacks and he gets a buff after it hits that has a timer bar similar to Chie's power charge. Also the move is kind of a fire (Heat) pillar (Riser) so I think they chose this to be the best way to animate it.

If his gameplay revolves around buffing himself and debuffing his opponents I really like having Heat Riser on the auto-combo. Being able to get it off virtually any touch as long as you have 50 meter could be a huge asset to the character.

Clearly his playstyle is all about him if it involves debuffs to his enemies...and fear. XD

After viewing the PSC Teaser, I saw Magatsu Izanagi doing Izanagi's 2C. This most means that Magatsu Izanagi will also have Izanagi's 5C as well. This is becoming more Terumi - Hazama every second.

Something tells me that his game play will resovle around a huge power creep with Heat Riser Buff and Fatal Counters from Evil Smile.

Evil Smile looks like a move that can be landed from most of his moves, 2C being the most obvious one. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I just checked Magatsu Izanagi's wiki page, and it seems like Adachi can use Foolish Whisper (Silence) as well. This basicly confirms that Adachi can use Foolish Whisper in Ultimax as well, because Evil Smile was only inputted as 236C. 236CD is most likely doing the moves at the same time.

EDIT 2: Or nvm, I was blind enough not to see the C version text on the trailer.

After viewing the PSC Teaser, I saw Magatsu Izanagi doing Izanagi's 2C.

I didn't see anything suggesting that Adachi and Yu's 2C were similar at all. If what happened before showing the Evil Smile was an attempt at 2C, it got counterhit way too fast for anyone to tell what it is.

I didn't see anything suggesting that Adachi and Yu's 2C were similar at all. If what happened before showing the Evil Smile was an attempt at 2C, it got counterhit way too fast for anyone to tell what it is.

3edajepu.jpgjynuvatu.jpg

Quality might be bad, but two different attacks, for sure.

Oh hey, I made this for the time being:

P4U2_Header_Gameplay_Discussion-Adachi_z

If anyone can do a better job than I did, then you can make this even better. :)

If anyone can do a better job than I did, then you can make this even better. :)

It's as good a temporary header as anything else, I put it up!

Don't forget about the Adachi stream tomorrow at 17:00 by Japanese time! No link to it yet, but I expect it to be up around here:

http://ch.nicovideo.jp/atlus

Hopefully, they will show actual stuff tomorrow. Really hyped about what Adachi can do, but also scared of the possibilities. Mooglebane told me some scary stuff about what he could do if he could inflict Fear from anywhere, including Fatal Untechable grabs. 

I noticed that Heat Riser doesn't have a timer, it's just a red icon. This might turn out interesting.

5AAA causes ground bounce. Maybe combo able to 2B?

Yeah, hopefully they go a little in-depth at least. Really curious about that Evil Smile and its different versions, Heat Riser as well. I swear he's gonna be the Azrael of this game. :v: