Antiquarian

[P4AU] Tohru Adachi Gameplay Discussion

I don't like the way the voice actor changed up Adachi's voice... He already changed Yu's voice enough in my opinion but he decided to change Adachi's now too? It sounds so weird...

JYB had to change his voice to avoid confusion during Persona 4 Anime. He is just sticking with that voice. Can't really say I blame him.

I find it funny that Adachi is attracting a lot of Terumi players. But yeah, what's to stop Adachi from basically just doing old Yu's Sweep 5D to about the same effect? No one is whining about this?

Is it even confirmed that's a gatling option? Or how long it takes Adachi to act after grounded 5d?

Is it even confirmed that's a gatling option? Or how long it takes Adachi to act after grounded 5d?

We don't know either of those answers, most people are making baseless assumptions as tends to happen with new characters.

We don't know either of those answers, most people are making baseless assumptions as tends to happen with new characters.

It's not exatcly clear, but Sweep > 5D is based on his start-up animation. It's just 2 more days, then we will know everything we need to know.

Also, our skype group has 5 people (including me), if anyone wants to join, just message Master of Chaos. he will add you to the group.

I'll keep that in mind. Undecided on mains, or even if I'm going to stick with it. Hopefully he'll be available to purchase for those of us going digital JP.

Youtube link to the stream DLC footage.

So, some interesting things to note:

- Adachi has some sort of stance move from which he can throw moves out of (even supers)

- 5BB and B gunshot have good range

- Heat Riser and Magatsu Mandala buffs can be active at the same time (I'm thinking Magatsu Mandala buff is Ailment Boost/Stagnant Air)

- After the Mandala buff is active, 5D inflicts Shock and Heat Riser inflicts Rage (gg)

Heat Riser grants Adachi a 10% boost to all attacks

After using Magatsu Mandala, certain moves gain new properties.

1. 5C causes fear on hit
  2. 5D (and presumably 2D and Megidola), cause paralysis. Furthermore, there seems to be a strange after-effect wherein the opponent's body is still surging with electricity. The effects of this are unknown. 
  3. Heat Riser causes rage

Both of these buff supers did not disappear after an extended period of time. We can assume after using it once, it doesn't run out, but it's unknown if it carries onto the next round.

Why would Megidola apply paralysis, though? It's not an electrical attack.

Heat Riser grants Adachi a 10% boost to all attacks

After using Magatsu Mandala, certain moves gain new properties.

1. 5C causes fear on hit
  2. 5D (and presumably 2D and Megidola), cause paralysis. Furthermore, there seems to be a strange after-effect wherein the opponent's body is still surging with electricity. The effects of this are unknown. 
  3. Heat Riser causes rage

Both of these buff supers did not disappear after an extended period of time. We can assume after using it once, it doesn't run out, but it's unknown if it carries onto the next round.

To add to this, j.C causes poison.

So Adachi can cause Fear, Panic, Poison, Paralysis and Rage.

nice bunch of ailments, fear, paralysis and rage can be deadly if used together

So, alot happened today. I will edit his wiki with the info we learned. Magatsu Mandala will get it's own small section.

Interesting science fact: after Maziolazor the opponent is paralyzed and has Red static charge around them. After that command grab, it turns purple.

Also when he took the 3.7K he was poisoned, so factor that into your calculations, and it gives Adachi a more likely 9~10K health.

Hi, does anyone know when Adachi releases in JP? Or is he available on release? Thank you

He will be available on 4th of September.

Just to note what I gathered at the stream:

-Buffs will stay for a round, even if you get hit.

-5D is REALLY good. Like, REALLY good. You can move instantly the moment it's unleashed.

-j.2D is also used for interupptions.

-There are combos that you can get double buffs. Mostly is corner, but the potential is there.

-Health is 9500 (Thanks Chickzama and LordSpectreX!)

-Damage potential is low, but there will be many moment where you can attack.

-Atom Smasher's start-up has invincibility frames, and seems to be advantaged on block.

-Heat Riser is Fatal Recovery.

-2C inflicts Silence with the Magatsu Mandala buff.

Edited by Djqubil

Nice to know that buffs stay for a round, health is pretty good too.

but does this mean for example in a three round match, if he buffs himself in the first round, then the buffs go away on the third? and what if he does the supers again in the second, do the buffs stay during the third? this is confusing lol.

Nice to know that buffs stay for a round, health is pretty good too.

but does this mean for example in a three round match, if he buffs himself in the first round, then the buffs go away on the third? and what if he does the supers again in the second, do the buffs stay during the third? this is confusing lol.

I should have been more clear on that lol.

The buffs doesn't carry to the next round. He can always get the buffs back by doing Heat Riser/Magatsu Mandala on the next round though. 

Ah ok, that makes more sense, it would be kinda OP going directly in the second round with things like paralysis and poison on top of fear from evil smile.

I just noticed that Rage from Heat Riser doesn't stay for particularly long, which means we need to get in quickly after heat riser and do damage, reminds me of Teddie after using his DP.

Edit: in the wiki page it says something about adachi having a stance or something? involving 22 C/D I think, would anyone mind please telling me what that is? because I don't remember seeing it in his trailer.

and is the 5B stance attack follow up not a 5BB? or am I missing something like I always do because I'm such a klutz lol.