Antiquarian

[P4AU] Tohru Adachi Gameplay Discussion

i dont know if someone mentioned it already but

EX tackle puts opponent in spin state which means you can combo into 214214CD

EX gunshot on air hit  > 5C > D Evil Smile gives you p much fear from any position on screen

you only get 2B > jC loops or follow ups with one more cancel, fatal or crouching

you can only combo into his sweep from one more cancel, fatal or crouching

gunshot ender forces tech on ground hit for a new setup

also hes hella reliant on meter which means shadow adachi would've been fucking nuclear smh

I'm pretty confident Shadow Adachi would have been one of the best characters in the game. Adachi is incredibly strong in awakening thanks to the Mandala buff, and having more meter would help that, but them's the breaks.

new route is really fucking good

it's probably the best thing for 5A/2A starters

3/3.4k with corner carry and damage buff, 4k+ if you're awakened and both buffs as well as confusing the opponent

it also feels strong in fatal combos because you can link the j.C rebounce into 214ABB and go into grab super

you can go into it from standing if you have 50 meter or counterhit for only 25 meter

also

FC 5C > IAD jC > 5B > 5C > 2B > jC > 5B > 5C > 214AB > 214AB > 5B > 2C > short hop cancel > jC > 214ABB > 214214CD does 6.7k but because of status they literally only have about 10% health left w/ few frames of poison and full fear from the grab

Just saw the micro jump JC combos. With how much I've seen from Adachi and his reliance on meter I think this is the greatest thing ever. Easy full double buffs from Megidola if you're awakened and we finally get stable 3K combos.

And I'm sure there's more to discover. I hope someone figures out new combo routes for Cross Slash, since I've only seen a few combos with it, but I guess I'll use it more as a punish normal from fullscreen or so. It's confirmed that it tracks, right?

new route is really fucking good

it's probably the best thing for 5A/2A starters

3/3.4k with corner carry and damage buff, 4k+ if you're awakened and both buffs as well as confusing the opponent

it also feels strong in fatal combos because you can link the j.C rebounce into 214ABB and go into grab super

you can go into it from standing if you have 50 meter or counterhit for only 25 meter

also

FC 5C > IAD jC > 5B > 5C > 2B > jC > 5B > 5C > 214AB > 214AB > 5B > 2C > short hop cancel > jC > 214ABB > 214214CD does 6.7k but because of status they literally only have about 10% health left w/ few frames of poison and full fear from the grab

Would you happen to know why there's double gunshot in that combo?

They track, but it's limited in midscreen combos

Ah, so is it just to maintain hitstun long enough to close and confirm the 5B?

214ab? It gives air juggle and time for 5b, yeah.

As for 2d/j2d it was used after 2c for more damage in the corner initially

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

On another note, my apologies if this is the wrong place to bring it up (lemme know and I'll correct it), but a recent string brought up in the combo by LordSpectreX has been quite troublesome:

Stuff>Anti Air 5B>2C>2AB>(delay)5C>5B>2B>2C>Ender

The 2AB just isn't coming out, even after trying to cancel after the first hit on 2C. I'm guessing the theory is to cancel the 2C with 2AB to so that Magatsu-Izanagi does 5C in the air, but I'm not sure if I'm just terrible at timing it or if there's something more I have to consider. Adachi just remains on the ground.

EDIT: NEVERMIND I figured it out - it's 2AC instead of 2AB, so it's short hop instead of sweep.

Soh, when's adachi coming to non-physical pre-order people? I read somewhere that it was going to be today or tomorrow, not sure

It's going to come out tommorow between 10AM - 12PM Japan Time. It's just 1 more day people!

I should be able to get my physical copy in a few days. Where does the code to download Adachi come and how do I download him? It's the first time I import so I'd like to know

Adachi. Is. Out.

IT HAS BEGUN!

It's time to teach these fools what it means to get MANGLED! GO MY FRIENDS! Laugh at them as they stumble and fall! Eat cabbage like it's the best thing in the world as you dominate all those who dare to cross you! Laugh like a madman as you throw your defeated foes into every TV you can find! Scream "BITCHES AND WHORES!" at the top of your lungs while the masses cry for mercy that'll never come! We're gonna teach that Minazuki kid that WE'RE the top dog around here, and have been since this shit became popular! We're gonna shove Narukami's sword so far up his ass he'll be screaming for his precious Nanako for weeks! 

LET'S DO THIS!

Meanwhile I have to wait for the US 360 release. *Sob*

Adachi. Is. Out.

IT HAS BEGUN!

It's time to teach these fools what it means to get MANGLED! GO MY FRIENDS! Laugh at them as they stumble and fall! Eat cabbage like it's the best thing in the world as you dominate all those who dare to cross you! Laugh like a madman as you throw your defeated foes into every TV you can find! Scream "BITCHES AND WHORES!" at the top of your lungs while the masses cry for mercy that'll never come! We're gonna teach that Minazuki kid that WE'RE the top dog around here, and have been since this shit became popular! We're gonna shove Narukami's sword so far up his ass he'll be screaming for his precious Nanako for weeks! 

LET'S DO THIS!

Meanwhile I have to wait for the US 360 release. *Sob*

DP mashing everywhere. This mirror match is also the worst. It feels like Mitsuru all over again.

So I was messing around with Adachi a bit and was testing out some stuff and uhhh.....why does Evil smile have a hitbox vs Naoto only when shes in the middle of B double fangs and SB double fangs? So far I havent had a case where anything else causes that move to have a hitbox to it