Antiquarian

[P4AU] Tohru Adachi Gameplay Discussion

Have you guys tested if the buffs go away if he gets Persona Broken?

They indeed go away when you get Persona Broken, yes.

Also, I don't know if this was mentioned, but SB Heat Riser doesn't need to hit to get the buff. I don't know how useful will be that though.

Any other properties on it? Like a bigger pile of fire or something?

Also interested on what SB Magatsu Mandala can do.

Haven't tested, but when doing j.2D stuff, be quick since most can just 5a to hit it.

Also, should you expect them do that, it actually gives you time to approach.

Will any of this Tofu Adachi zoning be useful?

If they don't expect it, you can inject a high dose of NaCl with them.

Will any of this Tofu Adachi zoning be useful?

Been useful so far. 2D comes out so far and unless they rush you (or they play Yosuke), 5D can be fairly safely activated after a confirmed DP.

DP into 5D is most certainly NOT safe. Forward air tech will give them loads of time to hit the persona, AND you if they have a good air normal (Ken J.B, Labrys j.B, Yu j.B etc)

DP into 5D is most certainly NOT safe. Forward air tech will give them loads of time to hit the persona, AND you if they have a good air normal (Ken J.B, Labrys j.B, Yu j.B etc)

Hmm, alright. My apologies. It hasn't happened to me yet, but that makes sense.

How fast is Adachi's recovery from his DP? Is it enough to set a 5D before they tech?

Absolutely not. However, you get a combo if you wallbounce them close on a counterhit. 

I never noticed that Adachi's DP has him throwing away his gun and picking another one up like Kanji's chair. That's nice!

Pretty sure the combo is not like that. If you get lucky like I did you'll see that after 5C he actually does a sweep, not 236AA (0:27 for reference). Try doing it that way.

Pretty sure the combo is not like that. If you get lucky like I did you'll see that after 5C he actually does a sweep, not 236AA (0:27 for reference). Try doing it that way.

Ah thank you, saved me a lot of grief.

@LordSpectreX

Might want to correct that in your notations for other players.

Just bought this guy.

Is he easy on pad? His inputs seem easy enough.

I've been playing him on pad and have no problem with his combos. Just gotta get used to using short hop (2AC) in combos. I use R1 for that.

You won't believe how many people just eat cross slash over and over again.

It's pretty great, and you can follow it up with a 5C which might catch them on tech.

I've also underestimated Adachi's gun at neutral, it's useful sometimes.

I haven't bought the character yet but I have two friends down the hall that invested into the character ( I plan to eventually but after all 3 DLC's are available). This guy is pretty sick in a fight, sure he may be Persona dependent but he knows how to get the job done in his own way, slightly more promising results with this character over Rise so in the near future or possibly at the end of the month expect some footage from me. I think I'll be posting in the video thread considering there's no critique thread available.

Seen a few combo videos and they're pretty legit, I'll get in on them as soon as I can. Now to think of what to call my videos of Adachi when uploading- 'Scumbag Investigator'?

I'm having trouble with challenge 23 at the moment, I can't get the 5b to land after the SB stance grab. Anyone able to help me out?

Sorry if these were answered before, but which moves benefits from Adachi's buffs?

I know both will increase Adachi's/Magatsu's damage but what about status effects?

I noticed that 236236A/B will enrage with Heat Riser buff and 2C will Silence with Mandala buff. I also saw Poison but I'm not sure if it comes from 5C or 214A/B. Can anyone list all of them and which buff they need?