Antiquarian

[P4AU] Tohru Adachi Gameplay Discussion

I don't think it's documented anywhere yet; can anyone summarize which moves gain status in Magatsu Mandala(?) mode?

I've seen him inflict Fear (Evil Smile), Rage (Heat Riser), and Poison, Silence, Paralysis. Heard he can inflict Confusion, but I haven't seen it.

All that info is on the wiki, but, if you don't want to go looking:

• Poison: 5C, j.C, Atom Smasher
  • Shock: 5D, 2D, j.2D Megidola
  • Rage: Heat Riser
  • Panic: Magatsu Mandala
  • Silence: 2C, j.2C

Yeah it sounds about right. My bad.

Also is it just me or Adachi loses a LOT of health from his DP? Wasn't it like a set amount based on the char's health? Every time I use it I regret it because how much health I lose. It could be just my imagination though

Yeah it seems to take a lot which is only one of the many reasons he can't afford to be on defense. I'm also not too fond of his normals especially in the mitsuru match-up where it feels I can't press anything ever. 

Yeah it seems to take a lot which is only one of the many reasons he can't afford to be on defense. I'm also not too fond of his normals especially in the mitsuru match-up where it feels I can't press anything ever. 

I feel ya, she just needs to mash 5A to win the match. I need to figure out something.

It goes worse with Kanji because it beats my everything. Only SAFE option is to backdash if he gets the grab on you but if you're paralized and he uses D grab well say bye!

D Grab beats Mandala. Like. Wat.

Yeah the Mitsuru match up feels really difficult, doesn't really feel like Adachi has the tools to deal with proper Mitsuru play.

Idk about you guys but the characters that give me the most problems are probably Yosuke, Yu, Minazuki, Sho, Yukari, and Yukiko

Having faced enough Naotos to really say how I fare.

Also I kind of wish 5B on whiff didn't go into the subsequent hits or if it required 5BB instead. Gotten punished badly on a lot of dropped AA 2B combos :[

Idk about you guys but the characters that give me the most problems are probably Yosuke, Yu, Minazuki, Sho, Yukari, and Yukiko

Having faced enough Naotos to really say how I fare.

Also I kind of wish 5B on whiff didn't go into the subsequent hits or if it required 5BB instead. Gotten punished badly on a lot of dropped AA 2B combos :[

I so wish 5B didn't have an auto follow up, but for a different reason, it makes it really difficult to take someone's burst.

Finally did Adachi's 8K combo, getting B Tackle to slide quite annoying, but I'm happy I got it.

Also sorry Red for not playing you in the lobby, it's just that 0 bars make the game pretty unplayable, I'll play you next time though.

It's okay. People have their own rules about netplay. Glad to hear you'll play me next time!

Also 8k combos are possible without slide state but they're pretty impractical.

I feel like I've got a bit better with Adachi at some points. I definitely could use less DP mashing but I'm happy so far. Can't wait for you to play me!

EDIT: Oh yeah remember that any 0 bar MUST be played on Mitsuru's stage with the full intro.

So I started using a sorta gimmicky air reset:

Confirm > 5B > 5C > 5A > Reset (2C, 2B, or Air throw).

I'm wondering if someone with more time than me can test it out whenever they get a chance? I tried it for a night, and it worked to some level on everyone I played against, but I'd like to know if it's just them not used to it or not.

Generally on the 5C you want the stomp (no cancels) and to confirm the 5A at the top at the end of 5C given Adachi's 5A hitbox. On air tech, they are in prime 2B range. If they tech a bit higher or over, you can call it out with 2C. In the corner, if you don't think they'll throw tech, air throw works.

Oh yeah I saw Omex tweeting this and while I'm not sure if any more chars have it I felt like It was good to share.

Adachi's DP takes 10% of his health bar. And, as Omex tweeted, this effectively makes any combo do 950 more damage. 1K health. Seems cool.

I need to stop using it.

Oh yeah I saw Omex tweeting this and while I'm not sure if any more chars have it I felt like It was good to share.

Adachi's DP takes 10% of his health bar. And, as Omex tweeted, this effectively makes any combo do 950 more damage. 1K health. Seems cool.

I need to stop using it.

You mean 950 damage to Adachi himself? 

You mean 950 damage to Adachi himself? 

Yeah he meant every combo the opponent does on an Adachi post-DP will do 950 extra damage (from the blue health).

Yeah he meant every combo the opponent does on an Adachi post-DP will do 950 extra damage (from the blue health).

Oh, in that case, of course, it's pretty deadly if you mess it up.

It does make it easy to Ziodyne and just DP to force Awakening though.. 

Oh, in that case, of course, it's pretty deadly if you mess it up.

It does make it easy to Ziodyne and just DP to force Awakening though.. 

I was doing this today and It's pretty bad. I knew from before, but on-hit Ziodyne gives the opponent 21 meter. Fully blocked (all IB's) gives up to 61 but most people only get up to 30 or so.

On hit gives Adachi 6 meter. On block, 2. In short, it's free meter give away. This does explain a few things I noticed on some matches.

Do this only if it's absolutely neccesary. You don't want people like Narukami or Minazuki to get free meter.

EDIT: I say this because I think it's kind of weird to give 21 meter on hit (just my opinion) when if i remember correctly cross slash gives them 4 or so.

Finally managed to pull his sweep>sb gunshot juggle combo online. I felt so proud of myself ;-; I kept going to 2B instead of 2C so I spend a lot of time trying to correct it.

It was on Aki. I have no idea how his hitbox works but I guess it's about Narukami's. I've given up on doing it vs Sho/Minazuki.

Ah yeah in case no one noticed, our DP hits also behind Adachi. Discovered it at the same time as Ken's ability to go thunder reign on whiffed DP.

On a more topic-based subject, is Heat Riser bugged? After certain moves (or maybe on certain occasions?) it does not give Adachi any blue health (super-cancel thing). I got proof on a replay so if you guys need it I can upload it to YT but I'd like if you double-checked.

On a more topic-based subject, is Heat Riser bugged? After certain moves (or maybe on certain occasions?) it does not give Adachi any blue health (super-cancel thing). I got proof on a replay so if you guys need it I can upload it to YT but I'd like if you double-checked.

Super-cancels only detract blue health if they follow a Special move. If you're performing Heat Riser off of a normal, there's no deduction.