Antiquarian

[P4AU] Tohru Adachi Gameplay Discussion

5AA > 5B > 5C (1 hit) > 236236B > 665C > 2C > 2AC > 5C (turns into jumping C because of hop) > 5B > 2B > 2C (turns into jumping 2C because 2B recovers airborne)

The timing is not that bad, once you get used to it. Even my hands can do it with consistency, it's not hard.

I always ignore the second 5B in this one and go straight to 2B - makes it a lot easier to do while not reducing damage too much. Can make a world of difference playing online sometimes.

5A can be canceled into 214A rather late. This actually seems to be the case with 5B/5B(3)/5C as well. (Wouldn't want to do it after 5AA, since it'll whiff.)

214A/B is 12f startup though, so I don't know if I'd be doing this often.

I sang the praises of stance canceling (236B > 214C) in the past, but after more experience, I've come to the conclusion that it's... useless. Absolutely useless.

The only real use is after 2AB in the corner, as a delayed 214A will catch upbacking (hits low) and possibly mashing (for a free CH combo). Even then, it's not super solid because of how long you have to walk before grabbing- one of those "use sparingly" deals.

Sougo was right- 5AA ~ 214C / 5AA ~ 5B / 5AA ~ block is the main three-way with Adachi, and if you are not using it then you are going to have a bad time. The initial bias should always be on 5AA ~ 214C, and then you adjust your dice rolls from there. The delay serves to confuse the opponent as well as give you enough time to confirm that you are hitting or not (5AA > 5B can be delayed a decent amount while still being comboable on hit). It also serves to move you forward into 214C range, so that if you get 5A blocked at tip range your mixup will still work.

Once you pass 5AA your options start dropping dramatically and you need to think about resetting back to 5A so you can get another chance.

2B, forward jump cancel, jB is one option; it also forces them to block high.

If they start AAing you, neutral jump or back jump j2D should take care of that.

5B > 2AC (hop cancel) > jB also works. A little more risky, but a little harder to react to. Try to land the jB as late/low as possible.

Keep in mind that 5B followup jabs cannot be hop canceled (don't end up 2Cing in your opponent's face, now...)

If you want to spend meter on SB gunshot, 5B is probably the place to do it, since you are close enough to run up 5A again without leaving a gap.

If you are point blank when you start you might be able to get away with one followup 5B jab into SB gunshot.

5C generally signifies the end of your blockstring and a return to neutral. Finishing with 214B means you've given up; otherwise, you can take a risk, and

- 2AB > 2AC > jB (sweep > hop cancel)

- 2D > run in > 5A (this is fairly tight, don't dilly-dally)

If you have your opponent cornered, 5C > 2AC > jB can work. 2D also becomes more effective (albeit more risky for you, since you're closer).

Spending meter on SB gunshot after 5C means mixing up between run-in 5B, run-in 214C, and run-in block.

You have to run in fairly deep for 214C to work, so keep that in mind.

If you are willing to blow the meter you can 5C > 214AB > run-in halfway > 214AB > run-in and then get your 5A that way. (Better than OMCing or something.)

If you can get away with 2AB, spending meter on SB gunshot there means you can dash in 5AA as normal- or just 214C them there, too.

I think that's about everything (someone please correct me if they see anything missing). Once you push the opponent out to neutral you may not get another chance to touch them again (especially with your range disadvantage, and some of these setplay characters out here) so it's important you make those blockstrings count.

I had some luck tricking people into mashing using 4A on block. It's gimmicky as hell, but if you delay it enough, it sometimes catches them off guard.

Also, I was losing a final round pretty bad, and landed the most riddiculous thing ever.

Mandala 214C > 236236B > IK.

They didn't even know what hit 'em. Only for laughs and shock value though.

So, with the knowledge that air turn j2D pushes people towards you, allowing you to take the corner and attempt a left/right as well as a high/low (courtesy of Sougo) I applied the concept in two samples as you know, a thing. Pretty tough execution wise though, allows for some really dirty play however (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

(Quick note though there are many combos this'll work on, and if you want to quickly frazzle your opponent end a hop route at the jC and quickly jump>air turn>j2D, if it hits then wowzers 1.9k right there, if they block it backdash and attempt mixup)

How does one counter Margaret's 5000000000000000000000000000000000000000 billion light years/per second blue move that goes across the screen and has almost no recovery frames

Hey Adachi Forums, new to this place but, I have 2 questions.

1.  Just wondering in what situations can I finish in 236 A-A for the hard knockdown for the safe jump, Im really only using it after a counter hit DP or just a random 5C. 

2.  For some characters its really hard to approach them from the air  due to their huge AA normals.  Im having trouble approaching characters such as Yu or Mits because IAD J.B/C gets stuffed all the time, any tips?

Hey Adachi Forums, new to this place but, I have 2 questions.

1.  Just wondering in what situations can I finish in 236 A-A for the hard knockdown for the safe jump, Im really only using it after a counter hit DP or just a random 5C. 

2.  For some characters its really hard to approach them from the air  due to their huge AA normals.  Im having trouble approaching characters such as Yu or Mits because IAD J.B/C gets stuffed all the time, any tips?

For Mitsuru, bait her charge from the ground and when you block it try to go for a counter into a combo

For Yu, bait his DP as well, jump and wait for his DP, block and jC

Utilize your sweep, 2AB > 214AB > 5B > 2C > hc > jC > 5B > 2B > j2C is a good combo to learn

I'm fairly sure he meant that he has trouble approaching by air.

Just don't try to force it. Every match is different and those 2 have the range to poke you relatively easy. Play calm and try spacing your J.C carefully. I wouldn't try safe jumps vs Mitsuru because her DP is godlike

I'm fairly sure he meant that he has trouble approaching by air.

Just don't try to force it. Every match is different and those 2 have the range to poke you relatively easy. Play calm and try spacing your J.C carefully. I wouldn't try safe jumps vs Mitsuru because her DP is godlike

I was suggesting he shouldn't even bother with the air against Mitsuru or Yu

ADACHI CHANGES SO FAR: (Thanks to Sourenga)

EDIT: Requesting a change list closed thread so we can keep better track of all of this.

ADACHI:
- Evil Smile has faster recovery, SB-version hits crouchers
- Latter half of Scared? can be cancelled with Skills
- Magatsu Mandala status boost changed, after you use it Adachi's SP Skills leave 2 Ailments on the opponent.

Loketest begins tomorrow (?) so anything related to combos and specific stuff as well as details on Mandala should come tomorrow.

Potential Nerfs:

Confusion status nerfed. Literally no reason to do 2 Mandalas.

Spin Reset GONE. Ziodyne is the only legit reset now

Mandala status effects changed. Possible nerfs to Rage/Poison/Silence.

Potential buffs:

Safer AOA and easier to get all the hits just by holding? Those D AOA corner combos might get easier

Ground throw might not be useless anymore.

Gunshot seems to be special cancelable. Might be possible to do Gunshot>Stance for improved Mixup options? Quoting Canine, we can literally go mad with this.

Evil Smile SB no longer whiffs on crouchers and has a faster recovery (all versions).

SB Skills now do 2 status ailments?

ADACHI CHANGES SO FAR: (Thanks to Sourenga)

EDIT: Requesting a change list closed thread so we can keep better track of all of this.

ADACHI:

Loketest begins tomorrow (?) so anything related to combos and specific stuff as well as details on Mandala should come tomorrow.

Potential Nerfs:

Confusion status nerfed. Literally no reason to do 2 Mandalas.

Spin Reset GONE. Ziodyne is the only legit reset now

Mandala status effects changed. Possible nerfs to Rage/Poison/Silence.

Potential buffs:

Safer AOA and easier to get all the hits just by holding? Those D AOA corner combos might get easier

Ground throw might not be useless anymore.

Gunshot seems to be special cancelable. Might be possible to do Gunshot>Stance for improved Mixup options? Quoting Canine, we can literally go mad with this.

Evil Smile SB no longer whiffs on crouchers and has a faster recovery (all versions).

SB Skills now do 2 status ailments?

His throw will probably be able to go throw-heat riser B-loop, which is very nice.

Didnt it also mention something about C/J.C persona attacks having unbreakable startup or something?  This could make his J.C so godly if true. 

if what I read is correct, SB heat riser poisons and fears

rip rage?

Seems like it but we're talking about SB Riser. Normal Riser MIGHT get to keep his rage status ailment?

Anyway, more changes:

-Something's been said about not being able to combo off an air CH J.C. This could mean you no longer get the ground slide so you can't do anything after it.

-SB Riser now poisons and fears at the same time. 

We're still trying to figure out his changes from JP translate so they're not reliable yet.

Appearently, Confusion being blockable both directions is a thing ONLY FOR THE LOKETEST. Mandala'd Mandala might not get useless.

Updating changelist post.

Just came up with a mid-screen cross-up after the 236A-A knockdown, is this old? Would this be useful?

236A-A (hard knockdown), jump forward airturn j.2D (9AC2D), air backdash into falling j.B. Ideally the opponent techs after 236A-A, blocks the j.2D, and either gets hit by the crossed up falling j.B or they block it and you get to continue your pressure.

Just came up with a mid-screen cross-up after the 236A-A knockdown, is this old? Would this be useful?

236A-A (hard knockdown), jump forward airturn j.2D (9AC2D), air backdash into falling j.B. Ideally the opponent techs after 236A-A, blocks the j.2D, and either gets hit by the crossed up falling j.B or they block it and you get to continue your pressure.

The airturn j.2D crossup is known before. Canine made 2 vids about them here and here. The problem with 236AA> airturn j.2D set up is that your opponent can see J.2D from miles around and can roll, 5a/DP, upback etc.. since it's not a meaty thus you need a major amount of respect from your opponent for it to work.

The airturn j.2D crossup is known before. Canine made 2 vids about them here and here. The problem with 236AA> airturn j.2D set up is that your opponent can see J.2D from miles around and can roll, 5a/DP, upback etc.. since it's not a meaty thus you need a major amount of respect from your opponent for it to work.

Ah I see, so it would be useful only after conditioning your opponent to become super respectful. I saw those two videos but didn't see a mid-screen equivalent of them so I thought this was "new" in that sense. But like you said, there are many things your opponent can do that can just make this setup not work. I suppose this can be a gimmick that can only be used every once in a while?

When is the next patch anyway?

There's no console release date for it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I haven't been active for a good while, but I have been catching up the Adachi news from Sougo and it seems to be positive for him. Could anyone sum up his changes for 2.0? I've been hearing that he got buffed and nerfed at the same time (R.I.P. Rage), but I would like to know how positive/negative he got. 

Buffs:

-Gunshot is special cancelable once in a blockstring

-DP takes less health

-SB Riser buffed for followups

-Stance is cancelable sooner, it's faster (SB) and it has projectile invuln (A). For example, you can SB Stance>B stance

-SB Smile hits crouchers. Fast as hell. You can SB Stance Grab>SB Smile>Wail

-SB Mandala now hits differently. The sides of the vortex now push in that direction (think something like \|o|/ where o is Maggie). Followups possible

Nerfs:

-Megidola Recovery nerfed.

-2B damage nerfed

-RIP rage

-Status ailments nerfed. Poison got nerfed, we no longer have silence outside of GW.

-DP doesn't corner bounce, no more followups

-5C damage got nerfed (slam only)

-CH JC nerfed, no longer makes opponent slide.

-RIP SB SMASHER

That's basically it. Overall I think he's lost his current explosive identity for the gunshot, stance and smile changes. Let's see how he develops further.

Also welcome back \o/

Thanks alot for the summary Red. From the looks of it, Adachi looks completely changed in some aspects (Those Gunshots man) and it looks positively better (Atom Smasher will be missed though)

I should get onto exploring those Japanese videos :)