Antiquarian

[P4AU] Tohru Adachi Gameplay Discussion

Aw my gad, that was great. They showed his first 10 missions, CPU battles against Yosuke and Chie, PVP vs Yu and some story mode stuff. 

I'm so ready and hype. I will take notes on what attack does what. It should be up later.

After gathering up all the information from 4 videos, I have narrowed down each and every single attack Adachi has, along with some information: http://pastebin.com/Ua4UTjDh

Please inform me if anything needs fixing here.

EDIT: Someone over Tumblr has kindly translated the names of the moves. New link is updated with the move translations.

Your note about his 5B is interesting which I never considered. Its rather nice detail since the attack is base on Adachi's animation during his mid-battle dialogue.

Please inform me if anything needs fixing here.

Gun shot is definitely 214A since he kept getting it accidentally when trying the 214214A super, not 236B. 236B is most likely a slower, more damaging version of 236A (maybe with additional properties?). Which means 214B is probably an upwards gunshot? Maybe horizontal one? Also means we'll get an SB gunshot of some kind with 214AB.

Gun shot is definitely 214A since he kept getting it accidentally when trying the 214214A super, not 236B. 236B is most likely a slower, more damaging version of 236A (maybe with additional properties?). Which means 214B is probably an upwards gunshot? Maybe horizontal one? Also means we'll get an SB gunshot of some kind with 214AB.

Fixed!

We have to wait one more month to see it all. I can't really wait, this episode just provided all the moves Adachi has and it felt awesome to see nearly everything in action.

Fixed!

Not sure how pastebin works but the link is still taking me to the old one. Does it generate a new link you have to use upon editing?

EDIT: Disregard me, the thread failed to update before I posted this.

Edited by SoWL

Not sure how pastebin works but the link is still taking me to the old one. Does it generate a new link you have to use upon editing?

Yes, but the link should be http://pastebin.com/Ua4UTjDh, with the gun move fix and the translations of the moves.

Yes, but the link should be http://pastebin.com/Ua4UTjDh, with the gun move fix and the translations of the moves.

Hm ok, it hadn't updated for me when I posted that. Also you listed the gunshot description as B version when it's A version. Like I said he was getting the gunshot when trying 214214A version of Magatsu Mandala, so the low gunshot is 214A.

There are two versions of the gunshot. One hits right in front of Adachi and the other hits at about round start distance. I assume that there's an SB version that tracks, but who knows.

That's a really nice write-up Djqubil.  A shame he doesn't have Foolish Whisper to gain the Silence ailment, but I can settle for Confusion with Magatsu Mandala.  Never thought he'd have Command Grabs of all things honestly.  I just wish we knew what his Heat Riser and Magatsu Mandala buffs did, but I'd imagine they'll be prefect significant if one's an Awakening Super and the other could potentially work exactly like it does in Persona 4, which, combined with Fear, Confusion and whatever this other buffs is, could actually be pretty scary, since we'd be getting more mobility, a damage buff to everything, and increased defense, which will REALLY help if he's only got 8,500 health.  He still seems like he could compliment Elizabeth in quite a few ways, which makes me excited for him even more!  I just hope he's more Terumi and less Joker if his colors are any indication, because he looks like he could be pretty fun once he gets set-up and rolling.  Plus he FINALLY gets to shoot that gun, and it likes look Wesker gave him some aiming lessons with that possible OTG shot!  LOL!

So, this happened when I was looking at the trailer once again:

tumblr_n9a68vGuWd1sg5gdfo1_500.png

It's interesting to see that the hit on Ghastly Wail is a grab. 

Though.... we don't know if it's actually a grab or a grab on hit. If it's the former, it's really good, but if it's the latter, it won't make much difference.

After I checked out PSC trailer today, I decided to (randomly) look up to the wiki, and to my surprise, I saw an edited Adachi page. I was curious on what I was gonna see, but turns out that it was a stupid sentence.So, I decided to remove the comment and edit the wiki page, but I felt it was empty with only a pictue, so I decided to add stuff. But then, it felt incomplete, so I added some attacks. And uhhh, well.

We have an Adachi wiki page, with some uploaded pictures and nothing else.

Feel free to contribute.

Well we don't have any info from him apart from trailers and a stream or two. So there's no way we can really give anything that isn't just speculation. Even if we were from Japan playing the arcade versions, we'd still be stuck like this making the wiki for Adachi now. C'est la vie.  :AB:

Best to just wait for the console release since it's feels so close now. *o*

Well we don't have any info from him apart from trailers and a stream or two. So there's no way we can really give anything that isn't just speculation.

Those streams give us more than enough concrete info that doesn't come down to just speculation. Sure, we don't know some aspects of his moves, but the general idea of a throw-happy, short-ranged trickster is set in stone by now.

Throw-happy? Jesus we already have someone who does more than just fill the job... (Looks at the beefcake)

Throw-happy? Jesus we already have someone who does more than just fill the job... (Looks at the beefcake)

All Adachi needs is a flying shitlord of his own.

All Adachi needs is a flying shitlord of his own.

Technically, his 2C involves Magatsu Izanagi slamming down the opponent like YOLODIVE, so there is some hope.

Adachi is basicly going to be a threat, simply because most of his Persona attacks aren't burstable. And with Heat Riser Magatsu Mandala Fatal Combos that aren't most of the time burstable, yeahhhh....

So if we gave him a flying... Shitlord. He'd probably dominate. Even when some of the original cast is already struggling to keep up.

I'd love to see Adachi be up there in the higher bits of popularity, but I'd also like to appreciate having a fight against him that won't be hopeless for me. Just a thought. ^_^;;

Technically, his 2C involves Magatsu Izanagi slamming down the opponent like YOLODIVE, so there is some hope.

Adachi is basicly going to be a threat, simply because most of his Persona attacks aren't burstable. And with Heat Riser Magatsu Mandala Fatal Combos that aren't most of the time burstable, yeahhhh....

I know it's too early to make judgments at this point, but do you think he'll be able to contend with the better characters in the game?