Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thiz

[P4AU] Marie Gameplay Discussion

so we've seen some Adachi colours already

When do we see Maries? D:

so we've seen some Adachi colours already

When do we see Maries? D:

Hopefully sometime before or after JP launch we'll see Marie colors, especially if they do a pre-launch event that has Marie and (maybe) Margaret included.

I compiled a list of all the info on Marie we have till now, keep in mind that this is purely based on what little we know so far, so there's a good chance I may be wrong in certain places.

Weather effects

1.Rainy: gives Marie an HP-up gauge above her SP gauge, possibly recovers HP like Elizabeth's Invigorate, Other effects currently unknown.

2.Cloudy: effects currently unknown.

3.Sunny: effects currently unknown.

Normals

5A: Marie does a short ranged kick, looks decently fast, maybe around 5-7 frames, could be a standing low like Yukari.

5AA: Marie hops forward and attacks with her knees, possibly makes her airborne.

5AAA: Marie spins and swings her Bag in a 360-like motion.

5B: Marie Swings her Bag upwards in front of her, seems like it has good range,

J.A: Marie does a quick, short ranged Karate chop, looks like a good jump-in, can be used in combos.

J.B: Marie swings her Bag out in front of her, looks like a good air-to-air with decent horizantal range, can be used in combos.

2.B: Marie Crouches and swips her hat upwards, seems to have really good vertical reach, can be used in combos.

Persona Attacks:

5C: Kaguya appears and does an upward, leaning strike with her hand above her, the actual hitbox looks like it's much bigger than it seems.

2C: Kaguya does a downwards strike with her hand, sends opponent downwards.

System moves:

Sweep: Marie slides her Bag downwards in front of her while crouching.

Grab: Marie grabs her opponent with both hands and tranfers Electricity from her body into the opponent's before knocking them back, possibly causes shock ailment afterwards, does 1000 Damage.

Specials

Bag Special: Marie's Bag swings itself forward, followed by Marie jumping up and grabbing the bag before attacking with her bag in a downwards movement, Air OK, second hit might possibly be an overhead.

Supers

Magatama Super: Marie hovers in the air before causing a crystal-like wave around her, doesn't seem that Kaguya is needed for this Super.

Arcana Super: Marie tosses a bunch of Tarot cards at the opponent, The tarot cards spin around the opponent, Kaguya appears before a certain Arcana is revealed, so far only Emperor and the Empress are shown to appear, could possibly change the weather depending on which card appears, other effects and properties are unknown, could also be based on what weather effect is in play.

Bag items

Puppet Igor: Marie pulls out an Igor Puppet from her Bag, seems like it has a big vertical hitbox.

Present: Marie pulls out a small, pink present, the present itself actually jumps forward.

Other/Misc.

Aeon Rain?: Kaguya sends out Golden Kunai-like projectiles to attack the opponet.

Ameno-Sagiri Eye?: An eye or possibly eye-like projectile that disappears before reappearing at a new location, seems to activate when it makes contact with the opponent, does 1200 damage

Yeah but the problem is that we don't exactly know if it's from one of her bag items, specials or it even could be related to the weather (Fog-AmenoSagiri maybe?) there's nothing concrete about it, but I will add it to the Moves list as a Misc. Nice Eye! no Pun intended XD

Good call, that works better.

Probably not related to weather since it gets used during sunny weather I believe, and not fog.

Ooooo you're right, but it could be possible that it was used when it was foggy then she switched the weather through a super or another method, then again I could be wrong, Ugh there are too many variables with Marie! but that's why we love her! I'm also gonna add that it did 1200 damage, I forgot to add that

I really want to know how she gets that chocolate present to happen. Is it random or a specific command? That thing seems pretty good for oki. Has a lot of hits on it and she was able to cross over easily and pick up a combo.

Also, Marie's intro will probably annoy me to no end. That Card super she has also seems to have good range on it. She tossed the cards about half-screen and still was able to land the hit.

As shown before a super she has where she throws a deck of cards and Kaguya reveals an Arcana is how the weather is changed. Well one way it's changed at least. It can possibly be changed other ways

Sun - N/A Arcana - N/A effect

Fog/Cloudy - Emperor Arcana - N/A effect

Rain - Empress Arcana - Regenerate

Snow - N/A Arcana - Invigorate

At the very beginning of her gameplay she's show doing a 2B > 5B > 5C > 2B > 5B > 5C string on Teddie which I find interesting. Seems like she'll have decent gatlings

Later in the part where she's comboing Sho, she's shown airdashing air her bag special and doing j.B > j.C(?) > Air Bag special. And vs Naoto I think if you don't use the air option after the bag special she just bounces back

Last part is her doing a combo on Aki, 5AA > 5B > 5C > 2C into what looks like another special. A midranged spark. And she super cancels it into the arcana super. 

As for the crazy chocolate present, it could be that the present doesnt go off until it touches the opponent like Platinum's. It goes off when Naotos runs into it and I think in the previous trailer it just barely touches Yu so it doesn't go off. It's hard to tell because hes airborne from being hit from the Sagiri eye and the Marie did dash 5A. Also it cut to the next scene right after

Have yet to see Aeon Rain(?) yet. And Sagiri eye wasn't used. Probably wont see anymore until shes released or on a Stalker Club episode

I really want to know how she gets that chocolate present to happen. Is it random or a specific command?

Valentines Chocolate looks to be either:

A) time-based, where it bounces once and comes out

or B) Like Platinums presents, where it triggers if the opponent stands over it after it lands and becomes active.

I think B is more likely - I was thinking it might also be a kind of counter because it seemed to jump back when Naoto used an attack, but I managed to pause on a frame in the vod before Naoto's attack came out and she was just crouching, yet the present had already bounced back (and Marie was in the animation for her evasive action, so I doubt she could have used it as a follow-up command)

Chocolate Present goes off as soon as it touches the opponent.

What comes out the bag seems to have to do with how long you charge the special. Using it immediately has Igor come out. Semi charge she lets out a storm cloud that hovers around the opponents head before a bolt hits them. Full charge may be the chocolate present. SB version lets the cloud and present out together

Her j.C has a lot of forward momentum. Hitbox looks huge. Or maybe Kaguya is just really big

Her 5/j.D seem to be the golden arrows from the screens

Sagiri eye is a special she sets and it slowly sucks in the opponent. Once the eye opens it has a hitbox. Might be able to control when it goes off

Star Arcana = Snow Weather. Drops a chunk of ice ontop of the opponent and puts them in freeze state. 

Her tools look like she's meant to keep the opponent at bay

Oh, that sounds really cool. Depending on the charge, the Chocolate might not be able to be used on the opponents knockdown, unless she has something with hard knockdown like Mitsuru's B droit.

She sounds really cool overall. I can see they gave her a lot of tools to control space with. And her 5/j.D being the arrows is really cool. Now I can make a 300 reference :cool:

In one of the screens with the arrows shes seen crouching so her 2D probably summons arrows too. Need to rewatch but 5D and j.D seem go at the same trajectory. 

Sagiri eye having a suction effect is really nice. To disrupt the opponents movement and probably get time to get a cloud or present out. 

They didn't use the spark special in the eng trailer though

Loving how she is so far, is her bag special fast enough so that Igor or the SB version can be used in combos? or is it mostly for keep-away and pressure?

Thanks for all the info Surf.

So the items that come out are charge based. Interesting. Spring loaded Igor head being immediate is good news since the AA hitbox looks really nice. I'm curious about how it'll differ from her 2B. Maybe it'll be similar to Naoto's 2B vs Venom Zapper with different head invuln frames. Guess we'll see. The cloud sounds like it may have combo potential. How did the hitstun on the lightning look? Even, if we can't get a full charge to get the chocolate present out for oki, maybe we can summon the cloud instead and have it work as oki or maybe as a means to extend pressure depending on how long it takes the lightning to come out after the cloud starts hovering. Need to see this lightning cloud for myself to get a better idea. SB version definitely feels like it'll be extremely useful in neutral and pressure.

Sagiri eye sounds like it can be pretty useful for combos if we can manage to get it out in the middle of one. How did the start up look like to you, Surf? Short? decent? long? I'm also quite curious about how good the vacuum is in neutral. Though, i guess it might vary depending on the button uses to summon it.

Excellent, Marie's shaping up nicely. A gameplan is slowly starting to form in my head.

Few things I managed to pick up from the archived stream it was blurry so I could be wrong, her Arcana is the Aeon (big deal lol), her bag items are presents at first then said item appears, the Cloud item seems like it track/hovers before slowly hovering down over the opponent, this could be useful in preventing jump-outs and so on

Cake/Chocolate item did about 700 points, Throw seems unaffected by weather and didn't cause shock ailment as mentioned, Igor item did around 1000 points

Surf mentioned that the Bag special can be charged but either the charge is really short or Marie can perform other actions while charging, cause from what I saw The cake/ chocolate item came out somewhat fast

The Chocolate comes out in about a second, 50-60F~. That's too long unless she has a hard knockdown of some sort. She couldn't do sweep > chocolate present, for oki is what I'm saying. So it probably won't be used for oki but instead maybe something like Teddie's Oil Drum since the Chocolate has 6 hits and she can use that to approach and maybe use her huge-hitbox attacks to catch jump outs.

Thundercloud seems reasonable though. The start-up on that should be faster than wake-up after knockdown.

Pink Chocolate Present (that's too long lol) reminds me alot of Kokonoe's pre patch shenanigans with Teleport crossups, and hopefully we can use it for crossups like teddie's oil drum as Achedsphinx mentioned, has it been confirmed that she has three items for her bag special? Igor, chocoloate and thunder cloud? or is possible that there are more?

and Sagiri eye suction sounds really interesting, hopefully it works like Nu's gravity seed that stuff was way too awesome

Enough with these Blazblue comparisons lol

I don't want to say she's a zoner since she has some rushdown potential with her mentioned bag items, she seems like a mid-range character with a bit of everything, not that I'm complaining

The Chocolate comes out in about a second, 50-60F~. That's too long unless she has a hard knockdown of some sort. She couldn't do sweep > chocolate present, for oki is what I'm saying. So it probably won't be used for oki but instead maybe something like Teddie's Oil Drum since the Chocolate has 6 hits and she can use that to approach and maybe use her huge-hitbox attacks to catch jump outs.

Thundercloud seems reasonable though. The start-up on that should be faster than wake-up after knockdown.

she may have other knockdowns to compensate for having to hold the chocolate for a second. like dp or super.

her tools do sound like a little of both rushdown and zoning, though im leaning more toward zoning since it sounds like she can riddle the screen with weather, chocolate, thunderclouds, eyeballs and cards. depending on how fast she is she can end up being really offensive. and she has traps, instant thumbs up.

Cloud seems to put the opponent in shock state for a small amount of time. About the amount of time Kanji's 5C places them in shock. Combining that with Sagiri suctions? Having them shocked for that second or two could also allow you to get some chocolate out. Cloud also has a hitbox. If they touch it it goes off and shocks them. If they don't it does a bolt by itself but it seems to take awhile. It's not like Arakunes cloud where it will mostly tracks and stays above your head. While it does hover over your head, it looks like if you jump it doesn't jump with you.

Bag special is 236A/B

Present special: 214A is Igor, 214[A] is chocolate. 214B is cloud

Spark special is 236C/D 

Sagiri eye is 214C/D

Magatama super is 236236A/B

Arcana super is 236236C/D

5D is somewhat in front of her to midrange. And going off the screenshot, 2D is most likely mid range to far range. j.D seems to be pretty much the middle of the screen. So all 3 cover different trajectories

Correction about j.C, yea she had forward momentum but its more like a dive diagonally downwards more than anything. Does 5 hits on contact

Her tools look so fun I can't stand it. Looks like I made the right choice on who to main