Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thiz

[P4AU] Marie Gameplay Discussion

I recall seeing a Marie doing 214A~D cancels after 5B a couple days ago for the first time. Looks like he was playing a new account.

On an unrelated note, it seems like no matter now many times I try to quit Marie, I always keeping coming back. I should probably stop fighting it now.

I tried to drop Marie for Margaret, Rise, Labrys, and Junpei. I still ended up sticking with her.I guess I either hate myself or I just like her at this point.

Gee, I uh

I wonder who that might've been

:sweatdrop:

If I was fighting a 1 bar, I'd assume it's probably you. But I dunno man, either I've been seeing several good ones come out the woodwork or I'm getting trolled by the same few people XD

@TheOneTrueScrub - I think it's more character love than hate, haha.

Question for everyone: How do you handle meter management, in general, during a match?

I personally like spending 25 SP on 214AB after knockdown in some cases or if I want to gain control back in neutral. I also like that SB present tracks.

If an opponent doesn't have a burst, I'll use 25 SP for CH 5C > 236CD combos, since they deal 3.8K + anywhere on the screen w/o Super ender

If it's snowy, I'll try to keep the opponent barely outside of awakening then go for double super w/ 100 SP.

Also curious if anyone's bothered using the 50 SP for the Eye unblockable? I've also seen people throw out 236CD in neutral but feels like a bit of a waste IMO.

SB presents in neutral, SB presents after knockdown in the corner, OMC combos for extra damage, 50 meter as soon as possible to switch to snow, OMCs in pressure to mix people up

SB presents in neutral, SB presents after knockdown in the corner, OMC combos for extra damage, 50 meter as soon as possible to switch to snow, OMCs in pressure to mix people up

I spend my meter just like that.

I spend my meter completely different i don't use my meter in combos unless i'm about to put them into awakening, i can kill them within that combo or i want the extra corner carry for characters like ken and marge, i almost never throw out an sb present, when i'm in awakening i try to get them in the corner or anti-air them to get a bright arrow setup, i like to save my meter for situational things but i think it's better to spend your meter the way buttface and scrub do

SB presents are absolutely worth the meter, it's not even questionable. In the corner you get a free setup that beats fuzzy jump, DP, hop, and roll while also giving you a free mixup or unblockable setup if they block

on characters that can't be j.C looped especially, OMC combos are important for the extra damage and corner carry to make up for the loss of j.C loops. 

Switching to snow as soon as possible is a no-brainer, you get free meter for the rest of the round and still get a safejump off the super on most characters

OMCs in pressure are also really good since without them, Marie's high/low isn't particularly strong. I'm not talking about 236A OMC, I mean like 5BB or 5AA OMC

SB presents in neutral are also extremely strong. If you spend the meter to pull both presents at once, not only do you get both at once, you do it faster than it would take to pull either one individually. If you pull one meter enhanced present, you also get a large benefit, as SB chocolate can really mess with people who don't know its properties, and SB cloud shocking on block is really helpful as it limits their movement and neutral game, letting you get in much more easily.

Don't get me wrong, bright arrow's great and whenever I have 75 meter in awakening I pop SB bright arrow right away as an "I win neutral" button, but with all the meter Marie gets, there's no reason not to spend it on other stuff too.

Question!

I can't seem to land j.C mid-combo often. Am I missing something or am I not jump canceling and inputting j.C fast enough?

Possibly? If you want to get the fastest possible input, you can always input the jump cancel and C at the same time during 5BB. Also, make sure you aren't trying the j.C combos on one of the characters it doesn't work on. You can check in the combo thread to see which characters.

practice j.C loops on Marie, as she's the easiest to do them (and all her other combos) on

on everyone except Narukami, Yosuke, and Liz, you want to jump cancel and hit j.C as soon as possible after 5BB

it's tricky at first but once you get it, it becomes second nature