Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thiz

[P4AU] Marie Gameplay Discussion

P4U2_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Everything regarding the weather controlling 'Hollow Forest Tsundere Poet' Marie can be discussed here.

Keep this strictly Gameplay tho, story discussions go here only.

As always, respect each other and be sure to follow the forum rules.

Link-Collection of useful stuff:

Famitsu Scan by Kurushii

Famitsu Article with pictures

Dengeki Scan by Kurushii

First Trailer

With her possessing 5 cards that's at least telling us Kaguya will be of use throughout much of her neutral game like the other 5 card users (Teddie, Yukiko). Other than knowing she excels at ranged attacks and has a weather system (and possibly gaining buffs from the weather) not much else to go on. Really need to see actual footage of this character

Here are the new pics.

With how many comments there are, it'll get buried pretty easily in the news thread.

also so far Marie has three icons related to her Weather mechanic, Sunny, Rainy and Cloudy, with only Rainy giving her an HP up gauge (can we say Regenerate?) above her SP gauge, supposedly it recovers her health like liz's Invigorate recovers SP

Have we got any translations on that article yet AchedSphinx?  Was hoping it might address the Weather System, at least a bit?

Just posted a link to the Dengeki Scan in the OP, hope someone with japanese skills finds her or his way into this thread and can give us a heads-up. It's probably just a famitsu rehash, better safe than sorry, tho.

Hmm, not much I can gather from that. But, it looks like her 5A might be a low like Yukari. Her throw might also cause Paralysis, hard to tell, and it's probably influenced by the weather in some way. She also seems to have some amount of oki as well. And her auto-combo super appears to do about 2800~ dmg raw and the other super she did about 3000 dmg raw.

But yeah, not much to go on. She does look like an interesting character. She even has presents like Platinum.

It also appears that this is not her 5B, but a special. I saw her skill boost it in the video, it can also be used in the air.

Oh man, and I thought I was hyped before, but in the trailer, when she had the rain icon, you could actually see the rain falling, I wonder if her other weather icons effect the arena in the same way, and if the weather actually effects her attacks (Specials, supers etc.) like how Rise's attacks change when the opponent is scanned, also, nice to see the lovely Kaguya! she's so pretty!

we know that Marie can pull out at least two items from her bag, one is the Igor Doll/Puppet that was revealed a little while back and second is the present, no idea what that Igor puppet does, but from the trailer it looks like the present actually moves forward, could be used for Oki or mixup setups maybe? did anyone notice that weird eye at around :35 in the trailer? looks alot like Ameno-Sagiri's eye

we know that Marie can pull out at least two items from her bag, one is the Igor Doll/Puppet that was revealed a little while back and second is the present, no idea what that Igor puppet does, but from the trailer it looks like the present actually moves forward, could be used for Oki or mixup setups maybe? did anyone notice that weird eye at around :35 in the trailer? looks alot like Ameno-Sagiri's eye

Well, we don't know what the eye thing comes from because it was already set when the Yu player was knocked down. But since she does have the present and the eye thing, she could be an oki/set-play kind of character. Her damage seemed quite good as well, but I guess it depends on how easy it is for her to get mid-screen damage.

There are still some things I would be interested in seeing, her 5B and AoA. It would be useful if her AoA was somewhat fast. I'm still hoping she has a good air-to-ground normal.

After reading the observations from you guys and re-watching the trailer, I feel like that shuffle time super? could be weather-related. All those lightning attacks seem to come from rainy weather and in the scans, when it was sunny, you can use sunray-like daggers. Weather System could also affect her grabs then, maybe Sunny will burn them?

She definitely looks interesting.

The Eye in her trailer first was on the left then disappeared to the right before attacking the Yu for 1200 dmg, it could be useful for certain situations or possibly zoning, still no idea though, I'm really liking how Marie's turning out! also some other notes:

she so far has two non-Awakening supers

Her throw did 1000 on normal hit (in the rain)

I really am curious how the Shuffle Time 2: Electric Boogaloo will work, or to be more specific, what Arcana she draws. It cannot be weather based because we have seen her getting both Emperor and Empress during rainy weather. Some one suggested it might be SP based, though I might doubt that since we have seen her getting Empress with 13 SP left and Emperor with 25 SP left. Mind you, before those two Arcanas there are also Fool, Magician and Priestess, so yeah. The best bet I can think of is that it might either be timing based or random.

I think in the picture it was the end of the super and that's why it became rainy, in the trailer when kaguya's arms are closed the card is still spinning and it's still raining then she opens her arms the emperor card is revealed and it immediately becomes cloudy. In the picture kaguya's arms are already open, the empress card is revealed and it became rainy.

I guess you have a point. Though that would disprove the "base on weather" theory more, unless it circulates between the weather. Like, the fact that it switches the weather would mean that you either have to hame some control what weather comes next, or it works in circulation (like Sunny>Rainy>Cloudy>Sunny). That is unless there are few other weathers. 

From what I can tell, this is her j.B, this is her 5B, and this is her sweep.

All of her normals seem to have pretty good range, especially given how fast they are

Her 5A looks to have 4-6 frames of startup, and her 5B and j.B look to have around 10 frames of startup, which is about the same as Yosuke

Her 2B is pretty clearly the hat attack, which looks like it has good vertical range but it doesn't have the same horizontal hitbox as some of the better 2B's out there

I'm really excited to try her out and to see how her weather system influences her play. 

God, I can't wait for this game to be out.

this is her 5B

That could be her 5B. In the video, she jumped in with j.B > 5AAAA. So it looked like an auto combo to me. Auto combos don't share normals usually, so I'm not sure yet if it's her 5B.

That could be her 5B. In the video, she jumped in with j.B > 5AAAA. So it looked like an auto combo to me. Auto combos don't share normals usually, so I'm not sure yet if it's her 5B.

I never really thought that it might be her auto combo, though I guess I should've

I had just assumed it was 5A > 5AA > 5B into the special and super