Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thiz

[P4AU] Marie Gameplay Discussion

looks like j.C loops work the same as in 1.1

Narukami is hard to loop anywhere but midscreen off anything but 5AA>5C>5BB

Yosuke is still a pain in the ass off anything

Apparently j.C's hitbox only got slightly smaller

Maybe Liz went from "impossible" to "a pain in the ass", but that's it

Sb eyes might open up some interesting combo paths and pre-oki setup now.

Today is the day of revelation.

damage boost from SB card super at the end of combos is apparently so minimal as to be pointless

Masao said it seems almost impossible to bypass their awakening now

mayuge said that anti airing Margaret's j.C is pretty hard unless you pull a psychic 2C

Sb eyes might open up some interesting combo paths and pre-oki setup now.

Today is the day of revelation.

You could say... Our eyes have been opened.

I really like the new Marie, from what I just saw on the change list and video. Does anyone know if untechable time changed on hit for unblockable SB Eye or is stronger pull-in the only difference?

Changes to 236C will make sweep > 236C even more annoying for opponents to deal with in the corner, which is also pretty cool.

as far as we know, untechable time hasn't changed on SB eye, but we do know that the unblockable manual trigger still prorates horribly

Question. Is Marie pressure similar to mitsuru? either you want them to block or bait them into moving? I just can't seem to get Marie pressure down at all. It's not a problem for me with Adachi. Could it be I have the wrong mindset?

Her pressure is largely based on making them guess wrong

you have standard 5A>2A>5A stagger pressure, 5A>slight delay 5AA frametraps, 5AA tick throws, 5A/2B jump cancel into j.C/j.D, 5A/2B jump cancel into j.2B>j.B/empty airdash low/throw, 5C dash cancel>2B/throw/DP bait, 5BB>throw/2B frametrap/DP bait, j.2B>j.B>j.236A(1)>OMC>j.2B>j.B fuzzy (which his really dumb), etc

and then after knockdown you get even more dumb stuff, especially in the corner with present/eye oki

Her pressure is largely based on making them guess wrong

you have standard 5A>2A>5A stagger pressure, 5A>slight delay 5AA frametraps, 5AA tick throws, 5A/2B jump cancel into j.C/j.D, 5A/2B jump cancel into j.2B>j.B/empty airdash low/throw, 5C dash cancel>2B/throw/DP bait, 5BB>throw/2B frametrap/DP bait, j.2B>j.B>j.236A(1)>OMC>j.2B>j.A fuzzy (which his really dumb), etc

and then after knockdown you get even more dumb stuff, especially in the corner with present/eye oki

This will be very helpful and I appreciate it Buttface!

One thing. "j.2B>j.B>j.236A(1)>OMC>j.2B>j.A fuzzy" I don't see the J.a coming out at all.

apparently we've been wrong this entire time and you actually can j.C loop Liz

however in the process of trying to get footage of this, my PS3 may have died

fuck

my japanese homeboy monyakki posted a huge doc about 2.0 Marie

I'm gonna translate it, but for now I thought I'd share a huge thing that none of us knew until now

the weather of the next round is determined by the number in the tens place on the clock at round end

if it's odd, it'll go two over (rain->sunny, cloudy->snow, etc). If it's even, it'll go one over (rain->snow).

That's an interesting change to how the weather for the next round is decided. Guess we'll have to pay attention to the time at the end of each round.

Also, looking forward to reading your translation of that huge doc. I'm quite curious to hear more about 2.0 Marie. 

I don't think it's a change

I just think no one outside of Japan ever once noticed that's how it works.

translated the doc

http://pastebin.com/bAMXKqdN

keep in mind that this is just his personal memo, not meant to be a complete breakdown of the character

there are things missing, but there's also a LOT of good stuff there