Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thiz

[P4AU] Marie Gameplay Discussion

Cloud Shock seems nice, her D attacks sounds like Kanji's bolts

One Question: the Magatama super is her non-kaguya one? or is it something that was just revealed in the stream

I take back what I said on her not being zoning based, Like TD said, she does seem a bit both and I'm with you Surf, she's looking like a blast to play.

Yea Magatama she doesn't need Kaguya to do. And it was shown in both trailers so it's not anything new

Marie's going to be available September, 11th. 2 Weeks after japanese release. 

Heres a decent quality non laggy video of her in action

Also a correction about the cloud. It doesn't let out a bolt. Not sure why I thought I saw it did. Once the cloud is sent out it tracks the opponent and hovers over their head. Then it slowly sways left and right and gets lower and lower until it comes into contact with them

Aeon Arcana = Sun Weather. Still don't know if sun has any special effects. I'm starting to think it's just the default weather that's available at the start of every match and it doesn't have any effects

Oh wow so 236C/D WAS used. It was at the very end of her clip before they stopped showing her, at 3:49

She does the special the first time and a spark goes off immediately. But she does it a second time as well. But this time a magatama in an orb of light shows up and hovers there for a second before exploding into a spark. I can see the inputs for the first time were 236C but I can't see the input for the delayed version. Might just be 236D. 

j.C also looks like it has little to no hitstop

236AB startup seems pretty long. Longer start up than 214[A] to get chocolate.With startup like that I'm not sure how she'll be able to procure a knockdown for it to be used as oki. But having chocolate and cloud out at the same time will really limit the opponent options in neutral. Just hope they cant kill present or cloud though

Pretty sure she has a 5BB. It's used at 2:17

something interesting that was shown in the DLC character showoff, I believe it's the spark special that Surf mentioned, when Kaguya did it, she left a magatama like thing I think? could be differences between C and D versions, looks like it has a hitbox too

Yea. Wasn't something I noticed until much later. I edited my post to include it though

They're doing another stream today. Just the Arc employees playing the game. Starts in an hour. I have nico premium so I'll be staying up to watch and if they play Marie I'll post more info

Dp seems fast

Throw wallsticks. Most likely can get a combo in. Air throw in the corner looks like it'll allow dash 5A to combo after

Cloud disappears only when Marie is hit. Still not sure if the opponent can kill it themselves. Moves very slowly, tracks the opponent though

Weather changes throughout rounds. Default looks to be Sun though. In the 2nd round it changed to Rain. Regenerate rate seems to be pretty slow. Most likely just at the rate of 10 Runs Junpei

Pretty sure you can control when 214C goes off. The eye didn't go off for a pretty long time the first time the Marie player used it. But another time he used it it somewhat went off immediately because I guess he thought the Teddie would run into it

214[A] actually doesn't seem that bad to use in neutral. Then again it was against Teddie, whose usually setting up himself.

2B > 5C > 2C string for anti airs seems really good

Her AoA is a frontflip. Hard to say if its a decent speed or if its slow

Megane option is an eyepatch.

Sweep > 214C oki looks very possible. She recovers in time to at least block. Suction may make it hard for the opponent to escape. And like mentioned earlier, it looks like she can control when the eye opens

5B's hitbox looks great

214AB lets out chocolate and two(?!) clouds. Could have sworn I only saw one cloud yesterday

236A/B enders cause emergency tech and you land right beside the opponent. Might be able to use the air option 236A/B gives you to airdash away and get better positioning though

Regenerate may be slow but Invigorate raises her SP at intervals of 5 regularly. Seems really good

Thats it for now. Stream became unwatchable because it was literally freezing every 2 seconds

Sweep > 214C sounds sweet. It has slight cross-up potential if she can make it activate on command, she'll be able to Evasive Action, then activate. The gravity pull also might make for some easy cross overs with air turn j.B or something.

OMG, two clouds for SB? That seems really good. I'm going to have fun with that. Getting an extra 5 SP every now and then sounds nice too. Extra SP in general is always welcome in my books.

OMG, two clouds for SB? That seems really good.

Ok so i wasnt crazy. I watched the part in the first stream over where she uses 214AB and only chocolate and one cloud are sent out

Then i remember during the stream last night that round happened to be under Cloudy weather. It could be possibly under Cloudy weather 214B sends out 2 clouds instead of 1. Would make sense

Wow that is really cool! I hope her other attacks might get affected like that, so if it's sunny then the chocolate won't hit as much because it will melt faster lol joking.

Ok so i wasnt crazy. I watched the part in the first stream over where she uses 214AB and only chocolate and one cloud are sent out

Then i remember during the stream last night that round happened to be under Cloudy weather. It could be possibly under Cloudy weather 214B sends out 2 clouds instead of 1. Would make sense

An interesting theory. I think there's a good chance that you might be correct. Cloudy weather buffing the cloud summons would be logical. I guess all that leaves is Sunny with an unknown effect.

I think there's a good chance that you might be correct. Cloudy weather buffing the cloud summons would be logical. I guess all that leaves is Sunny with an unknown effect.

Yes, it is correct. The commentator guy said during the Arc stream that you get 2 clouds during Cloudy weather.

Yes, it is correct. The commentator guy said during the Arc stream that you get 2 clouds during Cloudy weather.

Oh, well that's good then

AoA is decently fast. Doesn't seem that slow

214C/D recovery looks really fast

Only 2 Marie's appeared on stream and they both lost. Didn't see anything I may have missed. I think eye placement from 214D might be a bit higher than 214C though. Hard to tell, the Rise happened to burst then

Someone with a hacked PS3 is streaming Marie's challenges

Looks like they're all already on disc. Not surprised

236236C isn't her awakening super? Could've sworn it was... so she can change the weather whenever

Looks like for sure you can control when 214C goes off.

I only watched one challenge but from what it looked like, it seemed like you could select which weather you got from the Arcana super by pressing one of the four buttons at the right time?

Oh wow your right. Looks like D is Snow. Well then.. that makes things a lot better since it's not shuffle time like how I thought

See some challenges ending in 2C which causes emergency tech. Sweep/2C > 214C oki... ahhhhhh

Fuck having to wait 2 weeks when she's playable now. Wow

Looks like you can have two eyes out at once. Most likely just doing 214C and 214D. 

214B drops down reaaaaaly slow when its against the corner

236236C~B(?) (Emperor) shocks the opponent. Different cards seem to do different amounts of damage. 236236~A does 500 damage more than ~B. I guess because ~A doesn't have an ailment effect while ~B does.

~A - No effect - Sun

~B - Shock - Cloudy

~C - No effect - Rainy

~D - Freeze - Snow

Awakening super is 214214C/D and looks extremely interesting. Kaguya summons 3 magatama and waits for your command like Mitsuru's Mabufudyne. If you don't press anything Kaguya just sits there waiting but disappears after awhile. But if you press C or D Kaguya sends the magatama out and each one trails horizontally across the screen twice as D arrows. Resulting in 6 hits. Marie is completely free to move during this time. Like Mabufudyne

She has a j.2B. Swings the bag downwards and send the opponent downwards a bit diagonally so they're spaced away from Marie. Air combo > j.2B > Falling j.D screen control maybe? Midscreen it looks good. In the corner it doesn't seem so favorable because of the spacing and the way they tech/how Marie bounces off of them

5BB > OMC > j.B/j.2B overhead might be a think since she's airborne

214C starter looks like it leads into a pretty solid amount of damage. 2.7-3k

http://p-atlus.jp/p4u2/cdn/img/character/command_chara21.jpg

Atlus posted Marie's command list earlier today, so here's a translation.

Fire Lightning (火雷 ) B+D
Struggle in Agony (暴れ悶え ) 236A/B (Air OK)
I'll Give You This... (キミにアゲる...) 214A/B
- Dance O' Fallen Angels (踊レ、堕天使達)  Press A during "I'll give you this"
- Hollow Memories of Sadness (虚ろな憂いの記憶) Press B during "I'll give you this"
- Its Name is Hope (Pandora) (その名は「希望(パンドラ)」) Press C during "I'll give you this"
Stigma of Conviction (断罪の烙印) 236 C/D (Air OK)
Wicked Eye of the Abyss (深淵の邪眼) 214 C/D

SP SKILLS
Shell of Rejection ( 拒絶の殻) 236236A/B (Air OK)
Ihateyouidiotyouretheworst (ばかきらいさいあくさいてー ) 236236C/D (Air OK)
Bright Arrow (輝矢) 214214C/D

Looks like you can have two eyes out at once. Most likely just doing 214C and 214D. 

214B drops down reaaaaaly slow when its against the corner

Wait, two eyes out at the same time? Man, I'm going to be such a jerk with this character. I'm looking forward to it.

Comes down really slow huh? Hmmm, I wonder in what way we can best make use of it.

EDIT: After thinking about it for a bit, maybe you can combo up into the cloud instead of waiting for it to come down. That seems to make the most sense right now to me. Also, that Awakening super is pretty interesting. It'll really give us the ability to restrict the opponent's movements if we combine it properly with the chocolate cake and the clouds

Ihateyouidiotyouretheworst (ばかきらいさいあくさいてー ) 236236C/D (Air OK)

This character. OMG, this character. So good.

Comes down really slow huh? Hmmm, I wonder in what way we can best make use of it.

After thinking about it for a bit, maybe you can combo up into the cloud instead of waiting for it to come down. That seems to make the most sense right now to me. Also, that Awakening super is pretty interesting. It'll really give us the ability to restrict the opponent's movements if we combine it properly with the chocolate cake and the clouds

Maybe. But the shock from cloud doesn't last long. And if they're are routes to combo into it, it'll depend if the damage/knockdown from it is favorable enough to actually go for it.

Anyway the guy switched characters eventually but I got a ton of info from watching. Updated my earlier post with all the info

But yea have to still wait 2 weeks which is extremely annoying

lol loving those movelist titles, Surf didn't you say that her bag items special should be charged? but from the translation from Sourenga, looks like you can decide what item you want depending on which button you press, which would be great.

her awakening super sounds nice, hopefully it can give us some mix up chances.

and deciding which weather you want is freakin fantastic, I was worried that you get a random weather after the arcana super, but nice to know you have control over it.

lol loving those movelist titles, Surf didn't you say that her bag items special should be charged? but from the translation from Sourenga, looks like you can decide what item you want depending on which button you press, which would be great.

Yea forgot to make note of that in my earlier post. Surprised me it's just different buttons pressing and no holding

Looking back on the developer stream, I guess I made the mistake of thinking the guy was mashing the input. When really he was doing 214A~A for chocolate. And 214B~B for cloud. ~C is Igor

Notes on Marie:

Weather effects:

Sunny: 236236A/B and 236236C/D supers deal 20% more damage.

Cloudy: 214B makes two clouds

Rain: HP regenerates

Snow: SP regenerates

Match always starts with Sunny and cycles each round in that order.  Marie can choose the weather by landing 236236C/D and holding a button (A/B/C/D respectively).  In a Marie mirror match, one player changing the weather changes it for both.  Also, Snow SP regen is REALLY fast, it's like 5 meter every 2 seconds just from eyeballing it.  Rain HP regen is pretty slow, in testing, it takes 36 seconds to regen 900 damage (one 5C) which would make it about 25 health recovered per second.

Normals:

- 5A hits low, 5AA puts her airborne (if you OMC you can go into j.C)

- 2A hits low.

- 5B sends her into the air like Terumi 5C.  Can be canceled into other normals before she leaves the ground, or do 5BB followup to smash back down.  Can be delayed to link into other stuff but it's kinda tight.

- 2C is downward swipe with Persona.  Knocks down and vacuums airborne opponent.

- j.C is a multi-hit dive that kills air momentum.  Not an overhead.

- 5D/j.D calls down three shooting stars.  Looks like good oki/zoning.  2D calls them down further away.

Specials:

- BD (R-Action) calls down lightning around Marie.  Pretty generic DP, I don't think it has any special properties.  Startup isn't amazing but it's not Labrys slow either.

- (j.)236A/B flies forward and smashes down with bag.  Second hit is overhead but super obvious.

- 214A~A/B~B pulls items out of bag.  A makes a present that bounces forward and turns into a multi-hitting chocolate monster thing once it gets close to opponent.  B version is cloud that hovers over opponent and shocks if it touches (think Arakune cloud).  In Cloudy weather, B version also makes a cloud that hovers over Marie  SB version makes both.  Press C while Marie is still rummaging around in her bag to immediately pull out Igor (I guess to hit people trying to punish bag startup).

- 236C makes a little light spark in front of Marie that blows back.  Looks like you can combo off it in corner.  SB version appears on top of the opponent.

- 236D sets a Magatama that stays in place for about 2 seconds then explodes.

- 214C/D sets a graviton.in front of Marie.  C is close, D is far, SB is farthest, can have all three out at once, if the opponent is between gravitons he gets pulled to the further one (so he always ends up exactly in the middle).  Gravitons will detonate after about 4 seconds or when you do 214C/D again.  SB Graviton is unblockable.

Supers:

- (j.)236236A/B is a generic damage super.  Marie makes a pose and blows opponent away.

- 236236C/D throws a card, goes fullscreen.  If it hits, hold A/B/C/D to select followup.  The actual hit effect and damage are different between buttons (A is strongest at 2300, C is weakest at 1724).  If you don't hold anything it automatically does the followup corresponding to the current weather (i.e. if it's Sunny, you get A followup) and gives additional effects (Sunny/Rain = more damage, Cloudy = paralysis, Snow = freeze).

- 214214C/D puts Persona out with 3 magatama (like Mitsuru's ice spikes super).  Press C/D to use a magatama to send a shooting star that flies horizontally fullscreen twice (across and back).  C makes the projectile appear from behind Marie, D makes it start from behind the opponent.

- IK is a black hole that pulls the opponent towards Marie like Akihiko's.  Not unblockable unfortunately.

- SB versions of supers all just seem to be more damage.

Boss Marie:

- Everything does massive damage and builds crazy meter (something like double from what I can tell)

- Regen effects are heavily boosted (Snow regens 25 SP per tick, Rain regens what looks like about 75 health per second)

And that's about it.

I'm guessing you have access to the character. Or did you watch something. 214CD being unblockable is pretty silly. The move already seems like an amazing starter. Doing close to 3k off non optimal stuff

I have had a chance to play with the character thanks to a friend, so I made an account just so I could add onto the "notes" for Marie.

For the weather super, you can just hold the button down for whatever weather you are trying to get. Her DP can be done in the air, and it also paralyzes people if her weather is set to cloudy. The 236236AB super actually has fast enough recovery that she can follow it up with 5BB in the corner. If done early in a combo, you can do a full combo after the 5BB. Otherwise, the person will be able to tech after the 5BB.

Yes, her 214CD is unblockable. It takes 25 meter to put out, and then 25 meter to activate. There is definitely a setup in the corner though with sweep > present oki. Trying not to blow 50% meter on a setup, so trying to make use of the fact that it blows up by itself after a while. Haven't completely figured that one out yet, but currently brainstorming it.