Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thiz

[P4AU] Marie Gameplay Discussion

-5BB OMC can be used to set up a high/low mixup with j.A/5A afterward.

Her 5A is a low?

Links to stream archives?

Nothing was saved, unfortunately. He was pretty careful to keep everything on the down low.

I got to play her for about 40 minutes last night. She's so fun. 

I agree that its hard to think what her combos will be, midscreen anyway. In the corner I can see Starter > 236C > Sweep > etc being her optimal stuff.

Midscreen I was ending combos in sweep > 236C then I'd do j/2D and then get some stuff on the screen. 

Cloudy and Snow are both so good. I never manually changed it to rain. If I was changing the weather it would always be those two

j.236A/B seem really weird to combo into on air confirms. Wanted to end air combos in j.2B and link j.D on the way down but I never got the chance. Well, she's out in 4 more days

oh sweet, that means all the anime and movie songs will eventually be activated along with the Yosuke, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Yukiko, Chie, and The Ultimate remixes

and holy shit, 6k off an AoA with 125 meter

4k off an anti air with 50 meter

not broken at all

thanks Arcsys

does marie actually have a shadow type or is that just a portrait for story mode purposes?

does marie actually have a shadow type or is that just a portrait for story mode purposes?

It's not selectable in the on-disc DLC from what I saw, so probably not.

There are several Shadow Marie graphics in the game files, but it's not selectable in the CFW version that has all the on disc content unlocked

Either she was scrapped or will be added later

And with snowy weather you'll be getting that meter quicker.

fast enough that you gain back the 25 SP during the combo, letting you do the full thing out of awakening?

i see, thanks. i asked because someone had modified the wiki to mention that marie did have a shadow form citing the shadow marie portraits as proof. felt suspicious to me so i though i'd ask everyone here.

fast enough that you gain back the 25 SP during the combo, letting you do the full thing out of awakening?

No. I'll have to check but if I remember correctly it seemed like she was gaining 5 SP every 1-2 seconds. Should be somewhere around there at least.

Without snowy weather the AoA D combos I was doing build 54-59 SP depending on which route you use. I think the AoA C one was building ~42 but 25 of that goes to the 236AB.

No. I'll have to check but if I remember correctly it seemed like she was gaining 5 SP every 1-2 seconds. Should be somewhere around there at least.

Without snowy weather the AoA D combos I was doing build 54-59 SP depending on which route you use. I think the AoA C one was building ~42 but 25 of that goes to the 236AB.

Alright, so you have to be in awakening with over 100 meter to pull out 6k

That's a little less ridiculous

100 meter sounds like a pretty minor requirement considering how fast Marie gets meter in Snow weather. Snow SP regen is 5 every two seconds or so if I'm not mistaken with my timing.

marie comes out tomorrow right? probably asked a thousand times but i'd like to know, is she free or do we have to pay for her?

tired of these low tier chars, I need a top tier weather changer.

Marie should be paid DLC for Japan and yeah, she should come out tomorrow night our time.

100 meter sounds like a pretty minor requirement considering how fast Marie gets meter in Snow weather. Snow SP regen is 5 every two seconds or so if I'm not mistaken with my timing.

Depends how much time we spend in snowy weather really, which will differ depending on our performance, the matchup and of course, whether we'd prefer to have different weather. I'm very curious to see how our weather strategy develops over time.

Anyway, It isn't like being able to do 6K from an AOA~D is uncommon if you have 100+ meter to burn. If you got that much meter to burn though, it's probably better to go for OMC mixups or use OMC to reset pressure instead of going for an AOA.

Video posted earlier was taken down.

I got a chance to play Marie but I really wasn't able to come up with anything beyond basic combos.

Can someone post notation for some decent combo so I can get an idea how she does damage?

Well his twitch archive is still up but I'm not sure if he's ok with it being posted here too. Since he took down the youtube link

For her combos, from what I've seen it doesnt look like she gets much mileage off of a standing or crouching midscreen confirm. The 2B anti air combo Godhand made did about 2974 before the super ender. 3.9kish with super ender of the same weather element

2B > 5C > 2C > 2B > 5BB > Sweep > 214A~C > dash 2C > 5C > 236A > 236236C

AoA stuff did a reasonable amount of damage as well. About 3.9k. Throw combo in the corner did 4243 damage with same weather super ender.

2B > 5C > 2C > 2B > 5BB > Sweep > 214C~C > dash 2C > 5C > 236A > 236236C

I was about to be like this is super magical amazing... but then I realized I'm dumb and you really meant 214A/B~C. sweep into graviton > grav detonate would've be sick

Anyways some things:

5C > 2C > 2B, 2C > 5C > 2B same difference, pulls them in from the air and relaunches

sweep > 236A pretty much just doing this into super safer than the B alternative
sweep > 214A/B~C goes for the relaunch, 2C is pretty much mandatory after this...
sweep > 236B not worth trying to super here since there's a good chance you'll cross yourself up.... but you gain access to air dash j.B here

j.B > jC > jB > j.C > j.236A/B unreliable knockdown air string, best meterless damage tho I believe
j.B > jC > jB > j.C > j.236AB SB alternative gives reliable knockdown for the 25 meter
j.B > jC > jB > j.2B > something here? Not sure about this one but it exists?

the gatling chain for B/C moves is extremely lenient so you can mix and match 5B and 5C and shenanigans

But unless people can find real ways to stick 214C, 236C (let's not talk about the D versions...) you really aren't going to see to many unique things happening

here's some stuff that doesn't work for reference:
5B/2B/5C/2C > 236B
236B > air dash j.2B > something here
blah blah > j.C land > anything
non AoA j.B > j.C > j.B > j.C > j.236AB > land 236236C I'm pretty sure it's height restrictive

I was about to be like this is super magical amazing... but then I realized I'm dumb and you really meant 214A/B~C. sweep into graviton > grav detonate would've be sick

Yea that was my mistake

But unless people can find real ways to stick 214C, 236C (let's not talk about the D versions...) you really aren't going to see to many unique things happening

One thing I noticed about 236D is that the opponent floats a lot longer and isn't knocked back as far as if they're hit by 236C. Might be able to get a combo off of it if it hits midscreen

I was thinking maybe something like Crouching FC 5/2C > 236D > 5A might work. 

Anyway, It isn't like being able to do 6K from an AOA~D is uncommon if you have 100+ meter to burn. If you got that much meter to burn though, it's probably better to go for OMC mixups or use OMC to reset pressure instead of going for an AOA.

the 6k was off an AOA~C, and it takes over 100 meter

You spend 125 meter, and you don't gain enough meter in the combo to be able to pull the whole thing off starting with 100 meter, so you can only do it in awakening. If you're in awakening, the opponent will likely have little enough health that the combo would outright kill, or they'll have significantly more life than you and you'll want to pull them down to your health as quickly as possible.

the 6k was off an AOA~C, and it takes over 100 meter

You spend 125 meter, and you don't gain enough meter in the combo to be able to pull the whole thing off starting with 100 meter, so you can only do it in awakening. If you're in awakening, the opponent will likely have little enough health that the combo would outright kill, or they'll have significantly more life than you and you'll want to pull them down to your health as quickly as possible.

I know it takes 125 meter. I was just saying that other characters doing this from an AOA~D starter with 100+ meter isn't uncommon. The fact you'd be in Awakening and on your last leg is all the most reason why it would be better to spend the meter on a better mixup/pressure. Don't get me wrong. The damage is great but the starter isn't easy to open people up with. 

So people have gotten to see and play her already right. Does she move fast or slow both in the air and ground? Also do her normals look decent for poking or is she screwed in this department? She has a long vertical attack, does she have a long horizontal one that can be used in neutral? And how useful does her persona look for whatever Marie's gameplan is at the moment (which besides changing the weather to suit her needs, I assume is a sort of trap/zoning/lockdown hybrid)?