Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WakeUpDP

[CPEX] Relius Clover Q&A Thread

Its a delayed air dash for thr first one. You're suppose to make it look like its an empty jump, then go in for a late overhead or two.

The 214B doesnt combo, its more for oki. The only time 214A>214B combos is in OD

Gad Leis?

Yes,  and the trick is all the moves leading up to it.

You have to delay as long as possible between 3C and 6D, 6D and j.B 2C and 6C, and from 6C to 41236B.

The more you delay, the lower the opponent is, the easier it is to get 41236B.

Even just doing 2C from its max height, if you delay into 6C properly then into 41236B properly, you get it to work 100% of the time.

ok so i can hit that combo pretty easily on every character now but i have trouble hitting the rapid cancel path on ragna still with 5b>2c>6c gad leis etc. The gad leis will almost always miss do i have to hold the dash longer? and is it possible to emit the 5b and go straight into 2c?

nothin special there. Remember, even if it's from max height/distance 2C, a last second delay between 2C to 6C and 6C to 41236B will get you your desired result.

Hitting on the last frame of each moves hitstun guarantees a successful combo. You can emit 5B, but it worsens the combo's utility dramatically. If you emit 5B lose a bit of damage and you can only confirm from closer 3C. I highly suggest doing the 5B route!

Also, for whatever reason you just can't do 5B>2C, you can just do 66C. 66C moves you fast enough to hit them almost as soon as you RC. Of course, this isn't tje best way since you lose a nice amount of corner carry, but its easy. Even on ragna, did it without really any delays. Still loses you like 400 damage though.

Oh another thing. After 236C>Rapid>Dash, keep dashing until the opponent is right about to hit the ground then 5B. makes the rest of it easier, and also helps with screen carry n' things.

Well 3C>delay 214C in the corner kills all roll options. His best oki by far. Midscreen you have tk call out one or the other. Usually 6D can catch backroll from a j.214B ender midscreen, but you have to do a dash 5B for forward roll. Also, 22BD can catch all tech options midscreen (except for a few reversal DDs) but its timing changes with each hitbox and is kinda expensive, especially if they just block

tk call out? to catch a backroll i fall instead of air dashing then go into 6D or is that air dash>land>6d?

I think he just mistyped "to call out".

Hey everyone!

Just was wondering if this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxxLvdVpiZk

Was still relevant to Relius in BBCP 1.1. I noticed he mentioned unblockables. Whenever I see Relius players however, I don't really see the unblockable set ups shown in the video. Is there a reason for this? I'm trying to be at least somewhat decent with the character so any and all help is appreciated ;3.

most of it is still relevant. some combos are different but the tactics remain the same.

unblockables are really slow to start and are mostly used as surprise tactics. using them means you have to expect the foe to NOT expect them. otherwise, they are fairly easy to punish for a lot of characters, or at least escape. I do not believe he has a 100% safe unblockable setup anymore, but 236d, the ignis arm yoyo move, is probably the better of the two. it hits low and has multi hitting properties so even without the unblockable it does set up a mixup. 214d has more range but it does not help much.

again, not the best attacks ever, but unblockables are unblockables. you mostly wont see them in high level play however. too slow.

True Unblockables are amazing though, but I use them as sparingly as I would a grab. The best way to implement them If you do, is to use them as Oki. You can cancel any normal into 236D on lock, so if you feel the opponent is just gonnakeep blocking you can go for it (But be aware you can be punished for setting up) the real way to d it is off 2363214C oki anywhere and 3C oki in the corner. Unblockables can be defeated by DPs and smart teching, so after you put out a 236D, it becomes more about punishing their way of avoiding your unblockable. Even if all you've done is get them blocking, for Relius that's huge,and well worth the 1500IG expenditure.

214D is more of a zoning tool than an unblockable. As a unblockable tool it is vastly inferior to 236D (As in almost completely useless.) Used at a distance, it tries to threaten the opponent into doing something stupid. It can be used situationally for Oki on Haku and to get a charging Kagura to stand.

Other things to consider when using unblockables is Relius' glitch gimmicks, if you have 50% heat to burn and you just don't care.

Thanks for the responses everyone! Really helped a lot :D.

I got another question however; When doing Relius's

6D > 5B > 6D > 5B combo thing, is there a trick to this? I can never seem to get more than 2 reps :(. Or maybe it'll just come with time? Sorry if this has been asked before!

Its just a rythm thing. There's a slight pause before each one, cux yoyw anna have the hitstun from the 6D cover the recovery of the first 5B and thr startup of the next 5B. Really this is just an expensive, but easy, way for hitconfirming. The sooner you confirm into 3C, the better. At the very least, 236C.

A visual trick is when the 5B arm starts to go slack, you input 6D and when Ignis' hand appears to be shrinking, you input the second 6 in 665B. There is a specific flow, don't try to go any faster than it.

In actual game-play you only need one rep of 5B>6D>663C>jump cancel+6D>falling j.C. to get in. It's a easy cost efficient way to safely start pressure from max 5B range.

Practice makes perfect so try 5B>[6D>665B]x7>3C>632146D until you've got the rhythm. (The 3C>632146D can only be done if you're not stressed, so if you're capable of all of that, you can do the reps on the turn of a dime.)

Once you get real good with this loop you can do stuff like 5B>2B>6D>662B>5B>6D>665B>2B>6D>665B>2B>3C>632146D for awe inspiring stagger combos

Another fun, and somewhat practical loop is 5B>[5C(2)>jump+6D>falling j.C>665B]x3or4>5C(2)>3C>632146D

Does 4K anywhere. Good for if you have 60%+Ignis, get a standing or crouching 5C confirm, and feel the need to style all over your foe.

No prob! Knowledge is meant to be shared! 'sides any measure of skills I have is thanks to the valuable info posted by Necro and the Relius players of yesterday. I'd feel ungrateful if I didn't help as much as I've been helped.

Were something of a community of scientists here so if you have any info you'd like to share or if you know the answer to a question posed here feel free to join in!

I'm having issues with dealing with things at full screen, and I'm pretty sure I shouldn't, especially against characters like Ragna and Terumi.

So, let's say the situation is Ragna and I are a screen away from each other and I want to get in on him. I've tried throwing Ignis at him with 214A/B/C and either jumping to try and cover his jump or 22A/B/C, but I feel like I miss that a lot. I'm getting the feeling this isn't the best option, so what is, or if this isn't bad, how should it be timed or set-up?

Also, have the recovery times for 214X been adjusted? I feel like I can't close in as quickly as I used to before (which could very well be part of my above issue.)

214A/214B gained Recovery for Rel and Ignis. 214A got faster though it doesn't do much for you in terms of reward outside of it's initial damage/blockstun.

214B also got a hurtbox on the blades and is pretty trash outside of oki.

214C's recovery is the same as it's always been.

The best way to move Ignis in is j.2D/j.4D/214C those won't really steer you wrong. when she's not quite in you can 214A them if they're getting overeager or run forward and poke/anti-air them. Remember that when she's in you mix them up with 6D/2D/4D/214C/delay 214C