Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steakonaka

Somewhat experienced Chie player

Hi, P4A is my first real fighting game, but I have been playing GG and BBCP.

I can do Semi advanced Combos such as

236A > 236B > 236CD > JC > 5B(in air) > 5C(in air) > 236C

And

All Out > Launch > 5B > 5C > JC > 5B > 5C > 236C

But, I'm having some problems with Power Charge. It's SOO frustrating. I try rampaging and I slip up and use Power Charge! Now I can't use my SP Dragon Kick!

Is there anything I can do to practice not Power Charging?

Also, I'm having trouble with JBB. Anything I can do to get better at that?

Thanks!

well first off, you should probably learn the real combos. While the ones you do work, the normal B&Bs do more damage or get better positioning.

Now then, for your power charge problem; if you're getting power charge trying to do rampage > skull cracker, you're doing the input too many times. It's just one 236 motion, wait for the move to almost finish and then input the second one. Basically, just slow down and clean up your inputs, make sure you only input one 236 motion at a time, and that will never happen to you again.

jBB is simple, just hit it multiple times, you don't need to do any fancy timing or anything. You can even hit B 3 or 4 times if that helps you get it to come out. Basically just the opposite of the advice I just gave you, do it really quick, and hit it a few extra times if you need to (though as you practice it, you should try to remove that habit if you decide to learn it that way, since it'll hinder some things).

If you want more advanced combos than the ones you posted (which no offense are really basic), then just check the combo thread and if you don't understand anything, just ask.