Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

What you want to do is Kara throw his j.2C during his airdash.

So what you would do is airdash and the press j.2C~B. Press the B quickly after j.2C (really quickly). He'll cancel the initial frames of his j.2C into a throw, but the momentum from his j.2C will still remain and thus carl will fall fast to the ground. Learn it, as it is very important for Carl's offense.

Ok so to break down Carl's kara throw even more I should double tap forward twice, air dash, press down and C, to do his drill thing and does the ~b mean i need to alle can? I'm confused because I know this this move is really important to set up stuff. THANKS!

No the ~ means to kara your buttons. In other words, if I type C~B, that means the amount of time between when you press C and when you press B is almost non-existent. You don't press the button at the same time but you pretty close in doing so. Press C and as fast as you can press B in quick succession.

Mmmk. So if i want to set up for the clap trap I have to do 2A, 2B, 3C airdash, summon kara throw(j2 C~B) then alle can. I can't do all that at the same time. LOL

Wait. Where's the IAD> J.2C...? :(

Airdash > 2C~B

One of Carls greatest assets imo!

How much more range does Carl have from using his Kara throw? Anyone know? :psyduck:

Wait. Where's the IAD> J.2C...? :(

How much more range does Carl have from using his Kara throw? Anyone know? :psyduck:

I don't think it's the range so much that is increased but rather the speed and downward trajectory, which make it very hard to AA. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm just a Carl sprout.

edit: Oh you were just talking about the ground throw, whoops

Mmmk. So if i want to set up for the clap trap I have to do 2A, 2B, 3C airdash, summon kara throw(j2 C~B) then alle can. I can't do all that at the same time. LOL

First of all take a look at the combos that are posted in the 101 thread. j2C~B is not in any of them. There is no need to ever use that in a combo. Don't confuse yourself.

You use air dash j2C~B when you want to get in on your opponent but you want to trick them into blocking high but since you fall really fast you can catch them with a low attack instead.

j2C~B has nothing to do with allecan. I was just answering your question as to why carl dropped so fast in the video you posted.

To answer your question Mika Carl's Kara throw (I'm talking about his ground kara throw) supposedly gives him the greatest throw range in the game. I don't use it often though.

To answer your question Mika Carl's Kara throw (I'm talking about his ground kara throw) supposedly gives him the greatest throw range in the game. I don't use it often though.

Because that's a lie, and it's really garbage. :yaaay:

I meant the air kara throw...The only one I know of.

Does his air kara throw come out faster than some attacks that you would usually get hit by...?

You could try to catch someone with it. If you do you'll probably catch them lower in the air than you normally would which is fine. But for the most part, you use the karathrow because of the trajectory it sends carl. For me the main use of it is to not throw the opponent but to get to the ground quickly and hit my opponent with a low attack before they can react to the fact that I went downward so fast. When you airdash the opponent normally expects an aerial or high attack.

To answer your question more specifically, karathrows at the end of the day are slower than just throwing normally. This is because of the little exta time it takes for you make the extra inputs. Other than that the throw speed is not different.

You could try to catch someone with it. If you do you'll probably catch them lower in the air than you normally would which is fine. But for the most part, you use the karathrow because of the trajectory it sends carl. For me the main use of it is to not throw the opponent but to get to the ground quickly and hit my opponent with a low attack before they can react to the fact that I went downward so fast. When you airdash the opponent normally expects an aerial or high attack.

To answer your question more specifically, karathrows at the end of the day are slower than just throwing normally. This is because of the little exta time it takes for you make the extra inputs. Other than that the throw speed is not different.

So if someone is just barely underneath you, you can grab them with a kara throw, right?

So if someone is just barely underneath you, you can grab them with a kara throw, right?

I don't know. That's not what I use it for. I only use it when I'm air dashing (as in my opponent is atleast half a screen distance from me).

Do Note, Exact input for "Glide Toss" a.k.a. Kara-Airthrow

J.66, 2[C]~B

This can be combined with a "Super Jump" like this:

2, 8, 66, 2[C]~B

This can be combined with an "InstantAirDash' like this:

9, 6, 2[C]~B

This can be combined with a "Super Jump InstantAirDash' like this:

1, 9, 6, 2[C]~B

^that

buuuuuuuuuut

Final Round

Be there, Zoogs. Then you, me, and Kyle can get drunk and whine about how bad Carl is in the new iteration.

Or we can just place top 3. :D

Hidden
^that

buuuuuuuuuut

Final Round

Be there, Zoogs. Then you, me, and Kyle can get drunk and whine about how bad Carl is in the new iteration.

Or we can just place top 3. :D

You guys...Drinking in the presense of a kid. You'll give me a bad idea~. :eng101:

Hidden
You guys...Drinking in the presense of a kid. You'll give me a bad idea~. :eng101:

If u r hawt u can join. ;D

Bad ideas for everyone!

Hidden

I don't drink so I guess I'll be the good role model. :grin:

And I do plan to be at Final Round as long as it lands on my Spring Break. Which I think it does.

Hidden

Fine, Zoogs. I ~guess~ that for you, I could bust out some dankass chron. BUT YOU BETTER BE APPRECIATIVE!

I kinda just assume you and Kyles are 21+willing to kick back wif sum drank. Buuuuuuut we dun have to. I JUST WANT TO BOND WITH YOU GUYS!

Hidden

I am 21. Plus I can chill. I'm cool like dat.:cool:

Hidden

We'll prolly end up just going to a Waffle House. Damn Georgia.

Hidden
We'll prolly end up just going to a Waffle House. Damn Georgia.

With peaches and whip cream? Yah~! :yaaay: