Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Man that loop is crazy. Aside from a burst, I can't think of a single way for the opponent to get out of that. Doesn't seem too difficult to set up for either. Obviously too soon to call, but what do you guys think will happen with carl with this new tool?

The end of エビちゃん(NO) vs TOOL(CA). That Air throw loop was different too the other one. TOOL let Noel bounce other than the infinite floating carl one. Any benifits to this?

The end of エビちゃん(NO) vs TOOL(CA). That Air throw loop was different too the other one. TOOL let Noel bounce other than the infinite floating carl one. Any benifits to this?

i would think its a lot easier to do than the floating one (which i havent even seen asides from tager and hakumen).

But i think that one is techable because the 8d feels like its done too late and wont execute if Noel actually teched (which she failed numerous times)

That my friend is 6A.

It is an Anti-Air with Upper body invulnerability. (I think)

The issue is the range. It's soooo small that you usually trade instead of win in that situation, making it unreliable and (to some) unusable.

Can someone confirm input for this @1:43?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojRQGUqkco8&feature=channel_page

I tried it last week... to no avail. I couldn't keep my momentum. Yes I tried allegrato cancaling as well... did not work. =?

???

its just aa2c aa2c aa2c

you need to do it right after you airdash to have the momentum,not when you're falling from the dash, and the airdash has to be somewhat low else your A goes over Tager and whiffs after 2c

So:

IAD, (J.A, J.A, J.2C)xN

-Everything done early to maintain momentum & hit stun.

K, sounds good. =)

I wish 6A had more invulnerability, Carl's reliable A.A. combo would be

6A~22D, 236A, 2C, Raise the Roof!

If Ne-san is across the screen Carl can go into J.B, 214C, 8D, V, Dash, 2C, Raise the Roof.

Once you input Con Anime, should try to do 236B, 236B. This will put you across the screen and Ne-san in a position to do the combo I just mentioned.

Disclamier: I've played Carl once. Gotta travel 6 hours to play BB. So, all of my input thus far has been theory from videos.

UPDATE-

RAISE THE ROOF FROM CORNER 0.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVcg8aTqWuw&feature=channel_page

Swag on?

To mention:

jp's discovered a corner loop with our dynamic duo. =) yayz.

Typically, Carl's sprite prevents Ne~san's 6D from hitting the opponent from this set-up.

/Corner_Opponent_Carl_Nirvana------------

Presumably, people have tried Iad strings only to see them not actually combo'n. Now Carl is canceling to 236A at the end of his string, this allows Ne~san's punch to connect because Carl is invincible and doesn't interact with Robo-awesome.

A, B, C~]6D[~236A,

I'll link the vid later...

H-man can cancel his dash with an aerial special move, making akward trajectory and overheads. Because Carl hops too, I tried allegreto during a dash thinking it COULD potentially stop his dash with Awesome recovery. This would make it useful.

To no avail tho. It does not work with Carl. 66, 214C does nothing.

can someone help with this combo:

3C, nee-san teleports behied you, qcf+A, 2B, [2C, 8D loop]

i was wondering when are you suppose to hit 22D during that combo so that carl and nee-san sandwich the opponent after carl switch sides with qcf+A

Whenever i try it, nee-san teleports after i switch sides and somehow we're on the same side.

To mention:

jp's discovered a corner loop with our dynamic duo. =) yayz.

Typically, Carl's sprite prevents Ne~san's 6D from hitting the opponent from this set-up.

/Corner_Opponent_Carl_Nirvana------------

Presumably, people have tried Iad strings only to see them not actually combo'n. Now Carl is canceling to 236A at the end of his string, this allows Ne~san's punch to connect because Carl is invincible and doesn't interact with Robo-awesome.

Actually i've been doing B C 6D iad C land A B C 6D no problem... 6D hits when you're already in the air (a bit forward) so it doesnt block Nirvana... block strings is a different story.

can someone help with this combo:

3C, nee-san teleports behied you, qcf+A, 2B, [2C, 8D loop]

i was wondering when are you suppose to hit 22D during that combo so that carl and nee-san sandwich the opponent after carl switch sides with qcf+A

Whenever i try it, nee-san teleports after i switch sides and somehow we're on the same side.

22b+d 3c etc. if you do it with or after the 3c, nirvana teleports to where you are AFTER you roll, which sucks :mad:

or if you start it off with a jump in/iad

jc 22d 2b 3c etc

keep in mind that theres startup frames with nirvana's teleport, and she teleports to the spot you're at AFTER the startup, so even if you do the teleport motion then the roll, she'll still end up where you are after the roll if you're not fast enough.

You can play tricks with this, ie 22d 236B. She'll teleport to where you are after your roll has finished (or halfway, i dont remember exactly). Sometimes this is useful for characters trying to zone you away, for instance, arakune when you're non cursed. if you're cursed, just stand up and walk away coz the games over :vbang:

thanks, was getting frustrated with nee-san for that mistake.

Now my carl wont suck as bad :kitty:

Ahh, thx & good Job Zeero. =)

I wish the machine was closer so I could play more than I talk...

np, i've been playing Carl (on a weekly basis) since game released so i know how frustrating (and costly) it really is :gonk:

Especially when i have to figure out a lot of stuff on my own :vbang:

Dont be afraid to ask if you guys have anything else :keke:

FYI to all Carl Players:

...Negative Warning seems to come from how much you have moved the screen backward while running away - you can't initiate it if you're in the corner because the screen won't scroll backwards with you. You also can't get it if the opponent isn't chasing you, because the screen won't scroll once you've gotten as far away as you can get.

Zeero, of course you were right about the IAD loop. =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SISPj0PInuc&feature=channel_page

Honestly I was thinking about Carl on the outside & Ne-san on the middle. Is this do-able?

good to know

At least now i know why i constantly get negative warning against arakune, as he does his stupid iad C thing and throw bugs at me all day, i move back and pull the screen.

That means the proper thing to do now is to sit in the corner to get trapped, at least i'll take less damage at a time.

i hate arakune.

:keke:my new favorite thing to do with tophat: :keke:

8D during sandwich combos since everyone is so desperate to get out of the loop by jumping out of it

5A, 5B, 5C, 6D hits, dash-in, 2A, 5A, 5B, 5C, 8D, (opponent tries to jump out but get hit by 8D) dash-in 2C, 8D loop

New hypothesis:

From Carl attacking opponent, while Ne~san is on the other side of the screen would someone try B, 6B, 623C, B, 2147C (TK Allegreto), 8D, 236B, Raise the Roof.

This may be beneficial for a lower untech launches... needs testing

ALSO: Alternate, you have a typo in the first post. Allegretto & Cantabile are mislabeled. =X

pretty sure TK Allegreto isnt fast enough to connect after 5b.

but something similar has already been seen in vids before

blah->623C->5B jc jB 214C 8d dash-236B is too slow- (2b)-depends how far nirvana is- 2c and so on.

or if you're talking about a tech trap, once people learn more about the game and Carl, they'll always tech forward/jump forward/dash forward against Carl, just be prepared for things to not work your way =(.