Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

The 100% throw trap combos are [so far] only workable on Bang and Tager which concurrently use up almost 100% nee-san bar as well.

I tried on Tager and you can kill him with about 50-60% of the doll bar depending on what you started with.

For me the only real problem is on Tager and Bang where it's too easy to land a 100% combo, other than that is not worse than all the BS the top 3 can do.

EDIT : so i tried and it's a little more complicated than i thought, japanese call this nage can so i think about air dash into throw whiff but actually you have to air dash then as fast as possible kara cancel a j2C with a whiffed air throw.

Re: Rachel throw break glitch

SOMEONE GO MASTER THIS SHIT and prove my crazy theory. I'm thinking the strategy fighting Rachel can now be

1. gain health lead

2. somehow get into low airthrow + 8]D[ and bitch will have to eat it like everyone else does or

3. GET GLITCHED AND INVINCE INTO TIME OUT WIN

GO GO GO PROVE IT RIGHT

(Edit: Or 1. at the very least, one can airthrow + 8]D[ her again yay! Or 2. This shit backfires if Rachel has a health lead, so no throw trap epic comebacks.)

stinkymonz- would you please further elaborate on this. I'm having a tough time following your...sentence structure

Doesn't matter, since Japan's gone and banned it anyway.

Edit:

...tough time following your...sentence structure

Heh, sorry. I was really excited and buzzing when I first saw it.

Yeah, i am definitely sold.

Carl ftw

:keke:

Can't wait to get my hands on this game so i can start learning this beast.

Did JP's ban Rachel's throw escapes?

Did JP's ban Carl's throw escapes?

Source please.

Rachel Alucard thread.

And I'm pretty sure it's just a wind thing, so nothing about Carl's airthrows should be banned I think, as long as whenever you throwtrap Rachel you don't do it too close to the ground, as to avoid the possibility of getting glitched.

OHH, I get it now!

last week I saw JP Rachel's doing 6D to escape Carl Throw traps. But, this week they use 2D in hope that they land first, which has a chance to Freeze the game & win.

Gotcha gotcha now.

So, Carl implementing the Low-to-the-ground throw loop negates this problem.

For the record, SBO banned Rachel's freeze glitch from tourney play.

P.S.- we have the coolest looking ICON in dustloop.! Nirvana GO!

i think the best way to start the loop is through

3C iad J2C allecan jump airthrow+8]D[

1. less proration than 3C 2B2C

2. 2B2C doesnt connect if your combo is more than 8 hits or so

3. because you dont use 2C to start the combo, you can do the airthrow loop one more time if you're perfect at it (4 2C's in a combo = techable i believe)

Also another thing i found that works is if you do your standard combo on someone in the corner, throwloop is guaranteed. ie

2a 5b 6b 623C (22D then hold D+6) (5B) airthrow + 8D

If they tech, they get hit by the 8D then you can follow up with 5C jB jC 8D and so on.

If they don't, airdash throw 8D fun.

After reading the V-13 unblock thread, I think Carl should have loads of options to offensive burst. Airthrows don't prorate & can kill off of defensive burst. Zeero, will you check off of offensive burst for me?

What? Air throws don't kill on offensive burst (& dead angle)... why would they on defensive?