Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

I assume its because offensive bursts can break your guard. Defensive bursts can't.

Nah I've seen someone get a person down to 1hp from a defensive burst combo (carl throw loop)... Even throws don't kill in that situation.

well damn.

At least Carl can use his defensive burst OFFENSIVELY as the throw loop is legit damage from a burst. AND, the throw break from the combo will take their last bit of health. =P

well if they know better, they wouldnt bother throw breaking knowing that it wont kill them if they didnt =P

I'm pretty sure bursts dont kill people, i've gotten people to pixel life from a defensive burst n throw... Kinda lucky coz i did 4ABCD n when the burst hit, nirvana actually do 4D and knocked him back to be, then i did 5B jB dj throw and he lived. The person who didn't know better didnt understand why he was still alive and asked me if Carl really is that shitty coz he cant even do pixel damage.

My reply was yes :(

Zoog got me wondering, how many of us actually play the game on a regular basis asides from me here? :psyduck:

edit: Seeing this vid made me happy (the part with DIO raping Kaqn)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XthqaHqBITk

Okay, I'm back from gettin' my a** whooped by a thing called life D=

Anyway, any interesting discoveries that need to be added to the first post?

Anyway, any interesting discoveries that need to be added to the first post?

236A is strike-invincible for a short time (8 F?).

236B is head-invincible for a longer time (12?...).

Upshot is 236B = anti-air dodge, wake-up 236B = suicide.

Fun sandwich block-string finisher: D63214]D[6C. Cantata ("gear") super + command grab. Throw-break = hit by gear, air combo/throw, no throw break = air combo/throw.

Fun sandwich block-string finisher: D63214]D[6C. Cantata ("gear") super + command grab. Throw-break = hit by gear, air combo/throw, no throw break = air combo/throw.

Me like. Sounds pretty hilarious.

236A is strike-invincible for a short time (8 F?).

236B is head-invincible for a longer time (12?...).

Upshot is 236B = anti-air dodge, wake-up 236B = suicide.

I think you can block the minute u recover from throw break animation?

And i dont know... even on no throw break i dont think he'll be close enough to get hit by the gear since it pushes them away before the throw lands, if you're talking about just followup combo with Carl, i doubt you've recovered and can reach by then.

While 236A has 1~8F of invincibility, the whole move is 32F... 24 frames to get raped, and the distance isnt far enough for someone to fail to react to it usually. :vbang:

236B is 1~18F head invincibile, 39F duration. 11F to get raped if you use it improperly. It is a good anti air dodge, but i think most people try to run away from carl and just chip (well... chunk) life off him with zoning games and quick combos because going up to carl and making a punishable mistake usually means gg if the carl at least knows what hes doing.

...Zoog got me wondering, how many of us actually play the game on a regular basis asides from me here? :psyduck:

I play once a month for the weekend. So.. some, but definitely not enough. =/

It shouldn't. BB isn't as saturated as GG is/can be in the general population at the moment, and you can't say GG is very saturated anyway, so...

Personally I really can only go to Singapore (where there are a total of 5 BB cabs in the same area zomg) once every month or two, and for a span of 3 days max usually. And that's hardly long enough or close enough to learn Carl (or anyone else) effectively. Although can't necessarily say it'll get better once it hits consoles, at least for financially-strapped stick-users anyway.

haha well u definitely don't want to throw break when your in that particular position in round 2 as that's guaranteed reset. Dora was taking like 300 damage per throw + clap there I think. He could of eaten probably 8 more loops before he died.

in round 1, resets are very common in the corner and many times can happen by accident if they mess up. You have to be very cautious in teching. But if I'm not mistaken the combo started from burst guard break which I think you can't die from until you tech. Reset should of been expected anyways and if not you should just fall and not risk it since you can't die.

When your caught in the loop don't panic. React accordingly. If you eat 20 iterations in a row so be it. It's not easy. Keep in mind that claps take nirvana bar and i think max you can clap is 32-33 times (not that I've ever experienced that many). Depending on your life and if you already bursted it can be worth the gamble. Most I've ever eaten in a row I think was 6.

Not that I play carl, I just know the feeling of eating ZeroFalcon's loops enough to comment.

Bang's Nail/Bang Install looks like a threat. It may turn out to be a bad super but right now it seems to rock Carl pretty badly. Sure all Carl has to do is get him in the throw loop (because bang can't block) but its hard to catch Bang and his mixup games is really good. Plus Bang hurts.

Basically any character with good mobility and reach rocks carl pretty bad because his mobility isnt that good.

Actually, is it possible to escape the throw loop with bang install? ie; tech and dash 7/9? I dont remember if Dora ate a throw loop while bang installed in those vids or not...

Couldn't find a for sure amount for this, but...

What is Carl's HP? I hear 7500, 8500, and 9500.

Also, I found out that you can 214214D people on the ground. Haven't checked against every character, but I've tried on a few. Maybe it can be somewhat useful if you can combo after it, but if you throw your opponent near Nirvana, 632146C would most likely do more damage.

Also, I found out that you can 214214D people on the ground. Haven't checked against every character, but I've tried on a few. Maybe it can be somewhat useful if you can combo after it, but if you throw your opponent near Nirvana, 632146C would most likely do more damage.

I saw a video where Carl did it on a Hakuman after a 3C.

I saw a video where Carl did it on a Hakuman after a 3C.

except that was a black beat.

kinda useless imo, when a 3c can lead to a throw loop lol.