Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

basically its on the lines of nirvana's activation frames + distortion drive freeze, then the bug happens lol. Although i'm not sure what you can do with it lol.

Corner lock-in:

{CARL}> {NIRVANA}> <{OTHER} |{WALL}

Activate Auto-Nirvana, and you can block as Nirvana keeps walking forward, trapping in. Poke, on ground or anti-air, to lock down.

Well, in theory. I've actually used Auto-Nirvana to safely cross-up into sandwich setup (high jump, barrier, air dash, j.2C), but not for corner lock-down.

My plane leaves Sunday at 5. WhyDaFuck does the BB quals start so late on Sunday?!?

It appears no Carl from me at Arcade UFO.

So, maybe I was a bit off the mark? I managed to pull off the D-glitch on an own Laetabilis Cantata (632146C, gear super) super flash, but Nirvana still responded to joystick. So it looks like just the D-button-holding state glitches out, not the entirety of Nirvana command?

I think its just the activation flash, when you make nirvana do a command, it doesnt glitch... not sure though, i havent tried to purposely reproduce this glitch and put it to use lol.

I wish i had the game :(

Canada gets it a day late (july 1st)... and July 1st is Canada day which means its a holiday...

SUXXXX

<3 Training Mode. I'm finishing combo's now!

Still lot's of work to do with the Clap-Traps tho.

Match-up tip #2: Carl can crouch under Litchi's 6B

Zappa what?

I love that. I'll keep that in mind.

Carl can also 3C under ragna's 214A if u do it correctly.

zappa 6P vs OS 236S

whatt?!?!?

Carl is tager's worst matchup.

Against Ragna and Jin, Carl has to be patient (actually that's against everybody). Their range and pressure will rock you if you get too reckless.

you have to be patient with Carl against everybody and just land good hits into good combos. Trading hits gets you killed since you have so much less life and do so little damage without the proper combos/setups.

Also learn to barrier block only the hits that counts. Characters like ragna and jin can easily do something like 5D dash cancel into another block string, if you dont know how to IB punish these, at least learn to barrier block the 5D because your guard breaks after you block about 2 strings.

Carl honestly has crappy anti air options, most of his anti air options are used for prediction. Trying to do 623D when you see an iad is usually already too late. same with 8D. Use them if you predict an iad

jA is probably your best reaction anti air, but its not even that good. 6A only beats certain things if timed right.

You're probably better off blocking unless you know for sure you can beat something with 6A or jA.

I just got the game yesterday and I gotta say I'm in love with Carl and his sister. Can you give any basic advice for how to get a feel for using Carl and Nirvana together? Also who would you say is Carl's hardest matchup?

Trivia: Carl never actually attacks in the game. All of his attacks are executed by either Nirvana or a smaller robot that hides in his cloak. A moves are the smaller robot punches, B moves are smaller robot kicks, C moves are the robot riding a horse, and D moves are Nirvana.

Hey guize.

I see liek... a billion zapps players here. Why did we pick this guy again?

But ummm, could you use vivace B for AA? It doesn't hurt them, but it gets you out of a bad situation, amirite?

Also, which combos/loops/pressure strings are considered his BnB right now? I've got down some of the combos from CC101:RRR (I just wanted to type that), but I dunno which ones I should be spending more time on early on.

...could you use vivace B/A for AA?

This is guy knows something. :cool:

As far as BnB's go, You should prioritize either combo'n into 6D loops, or 8D+Airthrow loops. Honestly, It's just a matter of using the moves with least proration such to increase your damage. J.2C > everything & 5B>2B.

Hey guize.

I see liek... a billion zapps players here. Why did we pick this guy again?

But ummm, could you use vivace B for AA? It doesn't hurt them, but it gets you out of a bad situation, amirite?

Also, which combos/loops/pressure strings are considered his BnB right now? I've got down some of the combos from CC101:RRR (I just wanted to type that), but I dunno which ones I should be spending more time on early on.

hi fellow zappa player :keke:

You can use vivace B for AA, but it all depends on situation. If Nirvana is in front of you and close by, blocking an air attack and having them land in between you and nirvana may be the better choice.

Its not like you really gain anything off 236B as AA asides from breathing room, they can just do another iad and you still can't do anything about it :(

as for combos, what kyle said, but add

~5B->6B->623C->5B->air combo+nirvana 623D

to the list. This combo is good for those times when you get random hits and not prepared to do summon into clap.

So uh, thought I'd ask for the lulz. How do you deal with Carl mirror matches? Shit sometimes devolves to random Nirvana Battle Bot fights or until someone gets hit by something random and dies. Any insights?

P.S. Hi PhaethonH!

I find standing B a VERY good tool in that fight. I focus on hurting Nirvana... after a bit the Carl will probably do something dumb like air dash at you. =/

I live near toronto and it sucks cause we dont have the game yet. i want it so bad. The launch date was originally the first of july but since that was canada day and nothing was open it was bumped to today. then bumped to tomorow. hopefully it comes tomorow then i can start putting carl to use :kitty:

i finally got my confirmation email! hi everyone :P i cant wait to get this game (still a wait for me) then i can start using carl. i hope to play you guyz either in person or online. i just want this game so i can contribute to this thread lolz.

How does carl play on pad? Like, what button do you map nee-san to? Is it practical to be fiddling with circle while also pressing the other buttons for melee? (I ask cause I had trouble holding down B for iku bolts on SWR and was hoping I wouldn't have to use a shoulderbutton for Carl...)