Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Just to get an idea. how many Carl players do we really have around? Where does everyone play?

I'm playing Carl (as much as I can), but I travel 5 hours to Middle TN to play BB.

I'm a Carl user too, but I only have time to play at work, so I can't really gauge my skill. I wish I went with Mori over to Denjin. :gonk:

ALSO: Alternate, you have a typo in the first post. Allegretto & Cantabile are mislabeled. =X

I see. My bad, I missed that post somehow xD

Did I fix naming the moves xD

I've dug through this thread: a couple things to note such none forget.

6A- is a great AA when done LATE

Idle Ne~san heals

Tall Character loops, is actually IAD, J.A (J.A, J.A, J.2C) xN

=P

I need more BlazBlue/

i think i mentioned idle ne san heals somewhere before.

Whats more important is:

dead ne san heals faster than idle ne san.

which is kinda sad.

Thanks for the vids. Carl's momentum when he gets things started is amazing. He has so many mixup options that will leads to high damage very quickly.

yes you did.

i hate you :(

Incase its new to anyone, theres 2 unblockables in the corner with the gear super that can be done.

gear -> rc -> 6C full charge

gear -> 22d -> push yourself/nirvana foward -> 2D+ 3C (you actually recover ever so slightly earlier than the whole gear super finishing... but u'll hafta learn to time the 2d+3c... and might be IB escapable.)

How i wish we can capture our carl and litchi battles :(

I also noticed against Tager it's possible to do 2C, 236A, 2C

This means from any string against Tager you can combo into 22D~3C, 2B , 2C, 236A, 2C, raise the roof.

how do you properly allecan with :CA:? I've been having problems doing them consistantly

(assuming I'm close to the ground)

j.2C, wait until it hits, then quickly 214+C

or

j.2C then 214+C before j.2C hits

Braver, it's just a Special Cancel. It sounds loads flashier than the actual technical aspect of it. so, do like anyother 2-in-1. J.2C, 214C

just keep in mind that if you're doing it off an airdash, even if you end up crossing up the opponent (ie, comboing off a 3c), its still 214C in your original side of the screen.

so like say you're on the left side

iad 2c (you're now on the right side)

you'd still do 214C as if you're on the left side.

That might be your problem.

Zeero is saying, input 214C in the orientation of which way Carl is facing. This is not BB specific either. =P

Question: Does 3C actually Jump Cancel?!? I seem to always be too late on 3C IAD, J.2C... I never imagind it actually jump canceled. =/

3C is only jump cancellable on hit along with 6b, 5c.

only 5a and 5b is jump cancellable on block i think. (maybe 6A... but how often do you actually use that in a block string?)

Also, another potential combo from that vid with the combo at 2:19 and how he did 2c off an airthrow 8d....

2c 8d airthrow 8d airdash airthrow 8d 2c 8d airthrow 8d airdash airthrow 8d (probably cant continue it anymore here... else it'd be gg)

If this all actually worked somehow... that can be the new loop and its damage will be beyond this world since throw damage is never prorated... 4 airthrow combo which isnt breakable because it is a trap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFB4AB1OQOM

here we have DIO proving my theory combo at 0:33

holy shit look at that damage.

just keep in mind that if you're doing it off an airdash, even if you end up crossing up the opponent (ie, comboing off a 3c), its still 214C in your original side of the screen.

so like say you're on the left side

iad 2c (you're now on the right side)

you'd still do 214C as if you're on the left side.

That might be your problem.

I think that's the problem since I only use allecan when I IAD. When I try it during sandwich pressure, I always got it. Can't wait to practice it the next time I play.

The OP should put this info on the 1st post or update it sometime :I:

Hey guys I have a question since I still haven't played BB yet. From what I've seen, during ground sandwich combos, I've seen players sometimes jump and do j2C allecan into a ground string into 6D to do the loop and other times that same player will do jB into a ground string into 6D to do the loop instead. From what i've seen it seems that the jB version does better damage, but I've seen the same players alternate between the versions. Is there a reasoning to it?

My understanding is that J.2C~Allecan Cancel has greater hit-stun & greater damage over J.C.

Really, we need the Mook translations to actually answer this. It's either Damage, Hit-Stun or Proration. Which is the correct answer...iono, yet. =/

I'll talk to ChaseFUCKINGmagic and get a response from him.

Alle Cancel at least has style points. =P