Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Whoo...for a crappy character, Carl certainly looks good if the player can get a lead.

I hope things look up for him, because it's such a shame for him to be incompetant.

things are looking up. :yaaay:

But in a offense oriented game like blazblue, i still think hes bottom because he really isnt that useful unless you get them in between Carl and Nirvana and doesnt have much escape/defense options.

but definately better than before :yaaay:

まなかん(ライチ) vs DIO(カルル) 2 matches

Brand new DIO video this time against Manakan's Litchi.

00:40 Aerial into 8D (possible loop followup)

00:48 Really cool combo utilizing 3C + Teleport IAD j2c OTG Allecan 2C 8D into possible loop

01:05 Possibly the best/safest way to move Nirvana (via air dash)

02:30 8D corner pressure escape trap

03:28 3C IAD j2c OTG Allecan 2C 8D Loop into Possible reset using 5C?

06:43 Random 8D shockwave into 2c8d loop into air throw attempt (easily techable though).

09:20 Combo into 623C + 2D into an untechable ground bounce with possible followup air combo.

Aporo Carl vs. Some Jin + Ragna and Litchi

Starts at around 3:30.

Not much interesting. The Jin doesn't put up a real fight. 8D jump trap was nice.

What I noticed moreso from this video is that 5C on hit has a ton of pushback and 6D can connect with it from quite a ways due to the hitstun.

Oh, and the burst into 8D at the very end before it got cut off could be useful.

Continuation of Last Match

00:57 6C at the end of Con Fuoco on hit to give more time for Nirvana to recover to allow for continued combo after Con Fuoco.

01:07 I was questioning it before, but it seems to be pretty popular to go for crossup IAD j2C (allecan?) after doing the 6D loop.

01:53 6a hit something! AMAZING!

01:55 6c after confuoco on hit into super to prevent burst. Missed 2D followup. 8D into 2c8d loop should work here too iirc.

04:40 j2c allecan into 5b 6b 623c.

05:20 Use of 214214D during 2c8d loop to prevent burst.

Last Part of Video

for the DIO vs Manakan, at 9:45, it is also an unblockable into a possible 2c8d loop.

blocked gear -> 2d 3c -> 2c8d loop

Saru (Carl) vs Kazuki (Carl) - Finally a decent mirror match video. This matchup is ridiculous.

00:34 Cool 2C 8D combo off a 3C j.2C allecan. Adding throws in during the loop increases the damage a lot (I assume) but is really easy to tech.

01:08 Con Fuoco super armor through gear super.

01:22 After IAD j.C 2A 2B 6B 623C, the 623C whiffed. My guess is that 5C will be required when used against Carl (confirmed @ 1:48) unless the distance is sufficient (2:05).

01:41 Awesome.

Yeah I agree with everything Magz said.

Also: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qCFGfw92ymc&feature=channel_page

Look at :55. I'm assuming if Litichi throw breaks the grab she can still block the 8D. However if she actually is vulnerable during a supposed throw break animation then that sounds like a grimey unblockable setup. If this is true (I'm not saying it is) then the opponent will either a) keep on taking the throw and 8D damage or b) take the unconfimred unblockable 8D and go for a reset.

This is all theory fighter since I don't have the game. But for the sake this game please prove me wrong.

I'm assuming if Litichi throw breaks the grab she can still block the 8D. However if she actually is vulnerable during a supposed throw break animation then that sounds like a grimey unblockable setup.
Why would it matter? Isn't 8D air unblockable?

Why would it matter? Isn't 8D air unblockable?

exactly.

When you tech throws, you're completely invulnerable until the time you can block... in this case, 8d is air unblockable, so shes screwed regardless :yaaay:

This carl player has shown the light

The only stumbling points I can see for this setup are as follows:

Whether or not 8D will get canceled out by a throw break or not. We are already aware that 8D will still come out if it's gotten to a certain point of it's animation, but whether or not the timing between it and the throw break nullifying Nirvana's moves is going to be sufficiently long enough for 8D to be permanent is something that needs to be tested thoroughly.

Another issue would be that, as shown in the video, Nirvana turns around after the 2nd air throw. This could pose a problem if such a spacing issue can't be corrected by just timing and/or positioning as the opponent would be hit away from you.

Lastly, there is the possibility that the air throw tech might have enough invulnerability and/or push back to allow the opponent to escape.

As stated before, if all these conditions are cleared, this type of setup could prove to be very, very game breaking. I'll test this out the next time I get a chance to play the game.

Carl is like some kind of hermit crab. Without his 'other' part, he's essentially a flawed, wriggly annoyance even though he has pincers. However, the shell can't really do much on it's own without a hermit crab, as it's an inanimate object.

...wait, what?

nice match, but sadly goes to show the amount of effort Carl players put in to be competitive, then lose lol

Honestly i didn't think the taokaka was that great, felt kinda sad to see the Carl lose.

At least the 2C 8D air throw 8D doesn't seem to break at all on air throw tech.

At least the 2C 8D air throw 8D doesn't seem to break at all on air throw tech.

actually it does

i tried it last night on computer, whenever they tech my throw, if i didnt do 8d early enough, 8d is stopped.

Also, if i do 8d too close, the pushback from throw tech makes them not get hit, so yea.

some more positioning and timing fun

I think the vid itself answered your question... after 11th hit, j2C no longer links from jA.

And the damage is pitiful since theres so many jA's, i'd say the only use is to stall time for nirvana summon