Anne

Persona 4 Arena Q&A Thread

Okay I have a question now. When I downloaded the game off of the JP PSN store, it came with like 6 other files besides the main 13GB game. I couldn't read what they were so I have no earthly idea what I downloaded. One had a picture of Adachi on it, but I don't think it unlocked him for me, did it? I sure as hell can't select him in the character select screen, so I'm curious as to what that file with the Adachi picture on it was.

I'm gonna have to go with a guess and say those were the PSN Avatars/Gamerpics set for getting the Digital release for a certain period of time (until 9/10). Not only that, but also an episode DL rental PSN code of P4GA (which will be in your e-mail for it late-September).

Here's a different question, when do I press the buttons in the Thunder God special? It seems pretty picky about what exact time buttons need pressing.

Edited by TheYukianesa-01

So is there a list anywhere of all the navis in the game?

And also, what do you get if you beat score attack with Rise, or a character who has no navi?

So is there a list anywhere of all the navis in the game?

And also, what do you get if you beat score attack with Rise, or a character who has no navi?

Here's the navi list.

As for the second question, I guess the only reward you'll get is the "congratulations" screen.

It depends on who you finish it with.  I'm told finishing it with Shadow Labrys gets you Nanako/Fuuka/whatever as a navi.  I did it with Minazuki and got fuck all, and people are saying Adachi doesn't get you anything either so you'll probably have to buy his.

After checking out the wiki, I"m still not sure about a few things regarding exclamation points and blocking.

Throws I understand. I also understand that blocking at the wrong "height" will get you a !.

But what does the blue exclamation point mean?

A blue exclamation means you got hit by an overhead. The exclamation is blue, just like the sky above your head :v:.

A quick guide to "opened up" symbols:

Green means you got hit by a low.

Blue means you got hit by a high.

Yellow means you got hit by an air unblockable.

Two reds means you (for some stupid reason) tried blocking an unblockable.

Not sure if this question can be answered here but...

Basically, let someone borrow ps3, ps3 corrupted, what do. This game for the life of itself will not download, or it will download itself and freeze once it gets to the character screen. It has only done the latter once. Every other time it will not download or it won't install, and it will say an error occurred during download, with error code 80010038 I believe. I've tried downloading this game for what is officially the tenth time, five minutes ago, and even looked up the error code online.

Anyone experienced this or know how to fix it? If it involves formatting or buying a new ps3 I don't even care at this point. Everything is gone anyway. July the way, the p4u I have is the dlc jp version if that helps.

Any tips on instant blocking? I can do it consistently when it comes to the easy moments like Yu's Ziodyne or Akihiko's Maziodyne, but I'm not sure what to do when it comes to an opponent's normal blockstrings. I'm afraid of backdashing when I don't mean to or focusing too much on instant blocking that I get hit by high-low mix-ups. It looks nuts when I see JP footage of players constantly doing it.

Th

You might need a new HDD

Thanks. I would really hate to buy another one though and it doesn't work. However if I cannot find any other solution, this will he the second to last resort.

Instant blocking. Keep playing. First block the strings the foe is using, mentally record about two or three that you see more than once and the situation that led up to you blocking these attacks, and have confidence enough to expect the same attack. Pressing 4 at the right moment shouldn't be too hard after that. It would help of you play the character you are trying to block for a bit as well.

I think instant blocking is more of a mental thing, though practice is necessary in order to start crawling. You're on the right track. Keep playing and trying it. Ultimately, your instant blocking is completely controlled by the opponent's actions.

Yeah, TD, your issue sounds like a portion of your HDD might have gotten corrupt somehow unfortunately. Issues like this tend to occur when the system tries to read or write to bad sectors on the drive. I think the only real options you might have is attempting to restore the file system, formatting or replacing the HDD. Sucks that this happened.

Any tips on instant blocking? I can do it consistently when it comes to the easy moments like Yu's Ziodyne or Akihiko's Maziodyne, but I'm not sure what to do when it comes to an opponent's normal blockstrings. I'm afraid of backdashing when I don't mean to or focusing too much on instant blocking that I get hit by high-low mix-ups. It looks nuts when I see JP footage of players constantly doing it.

lots and lots of practice. If there's a specific srting you need to consistently IB *cough Mitsuru dial A *cough* you can record the dummy to do it and practice for awhile. A lot of the JP use defensive OSes on top of the IBs, so they're scoping out all that stuff.

How does buffering work in this game?

It feels like, during some combos, or punishing some unsafe attacks (like punishing a -5 on block with a 5f impact move), or mashing reversal DP/super, that the window is fairly tight (like Street Fighter-style links). or, that is to say, mashing anything doesn't seem worth it since you only get results half the time; good timing or bust.

Planning to get into this game on US, had small bits of experience with the first one, but playing it on my hitbox, one thing always bugged me.

Does D not get used enough to warrant re-mapping it somewhere other than below C? This is how the default is, and some things look like they're easier to -understand- this way, but it looks uncomfortable to me since I got kinda big hands. If it is uncomfortable to some, whats another basic mapping that people use?

Are you asking in terms of keeping the 2x2 box layout? If not, I tend to use this mapping for my hit box:

A B X X

C X D X

I might have to swap B and C though, since the notes for Rise's rhythm game is said to not change positions based on your remapped controls.

If it is uncomfortable to some, whats another basic mapping that people use?

A B C X

D X X X

Index on A, middle on B, ring on C, thumb on D. Or,

B C D X

A X X X

Index on B, middle on C, ring on D, thumb on A.

I might have to swap B and C though, since the notes for Rise's rhythm game is said to not change positions based on your remapped controls.

Just press all 4 buttons.

Anybody here able to get all 18 hits consistently for AoAs yet? I was able to get it before in the first game with that one method someone on Dustloop suggested two years ago where you just mash A+B about 6-7 times but now I feel that it's more difficult for people with slow fingers like me. I play on a stick btw.

Anybody here able to get all 18 hits consistently for AoAs yet? I was able to get it before in the first game with that one method someone on Dustloop suggested two years ago where you just mash A+B about 6-7 times but now I feel that it's more difficult for people with slow fingers like me. I play on a stick btw.

Same here I play on pad, I never use AoA but barely get 15-16 on ultimax. Its kinda tricky tbh

I get them quite consistently when I use C ender, but in the corner with D ender, i mess up pretty often.

Dunno why, probably some brain problems here. Haven't found a good method yet, it's all about timing.