Anne

Persona 4 Arena Q&A Thread

Yeah, same. Maybe it's psychological, but C is a lot more consistent for me than the D ender.

I plugged the stick in instead of the pad and inputs are way better now. Double 236 and 214 are no problem. I wish pad were viable in a pinch like P4A for guests, as I only have one stick, but so it goes. We'll both have to play casual on pad.

I just realized C ender for AoA is always fatal now. That's why it's so brain dead easy.

I just realized C ender for AoA is always fatal now. That's why it's so brain dead easy.

Wow I didn't know that :o

Aoa followups just for damage then?

So I guess I'm gonna need to ask, since I'm not too good with this game yet. What's average damage midscreen look like in Ultimax? I know there are characters that have ridiculously high and ridiculously low damage, but what's a good middle point? 2k? 3?

Depends on the resources you spent on it and what type of hit it was (CH, anti air, etc), from 1k to kill.

It really depends on the character. Rise does a bit over 1k and Ken does over 3k.

Can you get "locked" into a position in blockstun and forced into an "unblockable"?

Sometimes, when blocking a pincer attack (Yukari's Magarula, Ziodyne OMC mixups, Trismegistus three-hit, all that stuff), it feels like I get "locked" into standing block or crouching block and it becomes extremely difficult to block high/low mixups correctly.

Are there actual legit situations where I can't do anything, or is online rearing its ugly head again?

If I am flicking 1212121 to instant block something like Ziodyne it feels near impossible to block with 4 at the last second.

Answer could be yes and no.

It depends on how they coded the hitstop of the game. If the hitstop also blocks inputs, then yes. Otherwise, no, you should be able to block high and low everytime.

It's difficult to test

So I guess I'm gonna need to ask, since I'm not too good with this game yet. What's average damage midscreen look like in Ultimax? I know there are characters that have ridiculously high and ridiculously low damage, but what's a good middle point? 2k? 3?

2k sounds right for most of the cast. Some higher though varying by starter and character as everyone else is saying. 

Can you get "locked" into a position in blockstun and forced into an "unblockable"?

Sometimes, when blocking a pincer attack (Yukari's Magarula, Ziodyne OMC mixups, Trismegistus three-hit, all that stuff), it feels like I get "locked" into standing block or crouching block and it becomes extremely difficult to block high/low mixups correctly.

Are there actual legit situations where I can't do anything, or is online rearing its ugly head again?

If I am flicking 1212121 to instant block something like Ziodyne it feels near impossible to block with 4 at the last second.

You can switch between high and low block during blockading with no problem. You get locked to standing or crouching animation though, hence fuzzies and reverse fuzzies being a thing.

It really depends on the character. Rise does a bit over 1k and Ken does over 3k.

Rise gets a bit more than 1k lol.  It depends on whether she gets standing/crouching confirm and whether she wants oki or not.  Meterless crouching confirm with no oki is around 3k damage iirc.  On the other hand Ken getting 3k+ off 5A is definitely an outlier, not even Yu gets that much in the normal course.

Does anyone have advice on how to beat Score attack Elizabeth as Elizabeth? Full heal Diarahan makes it really difficult.

There was some advice in the previous page I believe. I just cleared all 4 Routes on Risky yesterday myself. I found AoA's to be pretty useful. They seem to have gotten buffed, at least for some characters. Chie's is able to armor through lots of stuff, but it's slower. and I was able to evade Ghastly Wails sometimes too.

i just realized you play Elizabeth, I've never touched her myself so I can't offer much there. Usually you can simply get away with As and AoAs until Awakening, where you'll have to wait for a wake-up super or something.

Fuck Yukari though, she might be worse for me.

Just a small question but are the motions tighter in this game than Blazblue Chrono Phantasma? Just wondering because I can't seem to constantly get double quarter motions out in this game but can do them easily in BB.

I noticed a couple posts related to Risky Score attack mode but i was just curious if there were any overall tips for doing it? Like what routes are easiest? what things should i be trying to abuse?

I made a list of characters i want to do: Yukari, Yukiko, Kanji, Elizabeth, and maybe Yosuke.

I noticed a couple posts related to Risky Score attack mode but i was just curious if there were any overall tips for doing it? Like what routes are easiest? what things should i be trying to abuse?

I made a list of characters i want to do: Yukari, Yukiko, Kanji, Elizabeth, and maybe Yosuke.

Kanji is easy. AI gets wrecked by meaty command grab until some of them hit awakening (Boss Kanji is an exception sadly...). Once they hit awakening, you can bait any non air UB super by standing in front of them for a moment, then jumping and blocking the super in the air. Liz, on the other hand, is one of the harder ones. With enough time and determination though, you can do this. It's not matter of skill really, but one of time.

Generally:

The AI:

1) Almost never blocks if you're not pressing a button.

2) Almost always tries to poke through invul moves.

You have continues. If you just want navigators and don't care diddly about your score or time, use them and bruteforce it.

You're allowed to pause the game. Use it to ease the AI's mixup attempts, or spot places where you can DP etc.

AI reads your inputs and is really skeezy. They also deal absurd damage off anything (a few can OHKO you depending on character). Stick to tactics that are either super safe or predictably screw with the AI.

AI gets wrecked by most instant kills. If you can win the first match, odds are you can win the second easy. I'd even advise trying to keep your burst for the final round, so you can get two good chances at the IK.

You need to use the normal mode versions to unlock navigators, shadows won't work.

You'll probably need some perseverance to unlock navigators. Even if the matches all go well, it will take a long time thanks to absurd amounts of HP the bosses have.

Here's some stuff on Boss Liz, who's the boss of 3/4 of the risky courses.

As or after Liz hits awakening, knock her down, then stand right next to her for a moment as she gets up, then jump.  The AI will Ghastly Wail in response to you just standing there, even after you input the jump.  Punish the whiff, repeat ad nausem until she dies.  Occasionally she will use Mahamaon/Mamodoon or Diaharan instead.  For the instant kills, she's programmed act a certain way after using them to abuse the IK.  For diaharan, react to the flash and hit her with the fast move you possess.

I beat her as Kanji and Minazuki that way.

I've managed to beat courses A and B with Elizabeth (I used Mahamaon to defeat boss Elizabeth), I'm stuck on course C trying to defeat Minazuki. Spamming 5C doesn't really work out for me as he usually uses a super to get out of it and the shuriken move makes it really hard to use Mahamaon without getting hit before it triggers.

I think a guide on how to beat each character in their boss form would be helpful (In my case) 

Is there any chance where going to get colors 25-29 for regions outside of Japan? We did get the magazine colors for BBCP right?

also what is the easiest way to input Thunder God Dance with consistency? and does anyone have any good setups for use during a match?