Anne

Persona 4 Arena Q&A Thread

This should probably go in the Shabrys vs. Yu matchup thread but....

Again, i want to reiterate that Yu is a fucking stupid character.

I'll make sure it gets there, thanks for the advice on Raging and other insight on the Brokeukami matchup.

Why did Yu Narukami need Heroic Bravery anyways?  Why did he need a gap closer for his combo strings that ends in either a strike or a command throw?

My best guess is that since Narukami's supposed to be the open-ended protagonist, ArcSys just gave him something from every category.

Either that or A S S I M I L A T I O N.

Kind of a dumb question, but does anyone know a relatively easy way to get the Fishing for Beginners trophy (Block a reversal burst)? I'm surprised I haven't done it accidentally already, because it seems easy enough, but I just can't get the timing down. Me and a buddy tried the method with Yu's 214A to no avail.

Can't you just like 5AAA OMC while the other guy bursts?

Can't you just like 5AAA OMC while the other guy bursts?

...Well I'm dumb, that's just about the one thing I didn't try. Guess I'll go do that, thanks. :V

Kind of a dumb question, but does anyone know a relatively easy way to get the Fishing for Beginners trophy (Block a reversal burst)? I'm surprised I haven't done it accidentally already, because it seems easy enough, but I just can't get the timing down. Me and a buddy tried the method with Yu's 214A to no avail.

If you want to make it extra easy on yourself, just play Ken or Yu or anyone else with a puppet or Persona move that can be done while blocking (i.e. any of Ken's C moves) and just block while attacking.

Would something like Liz 2C work (just have the armor eat the burst) or do you have to physically block the burst?

Is there a way to get the practice dummy to always DP on wakeup besides record/playback mash DP like a boss?

I'm trying to practice safe jumps and I feel like I'm in a TV infomercial.  There has to be a better way!

Choose for you the other character, and put the dummy to your character. REcord your character doing something, play it and try to DP as quick as possible with the other character.

I'm wondering if there are any characters in P4AU that play similarly to Hakumen in BBCP. Thanks guys.

No character feels quite like Hakumen, but if you want someone who excels when they're up close and deals crazy damage with resources, try Shadow Chie.

Not entirely certain this belongs here, but does anyone know why there's no rapid regen option in training for Liz's 1HSM (2C) buff?

I don't think there is a real reason. It's just not there, that's all there is to it.

But in the future, if you have questions about Elizabeth, this is the place you're looking for:

Elizabeth Q&A Thread

Not entirely certain this belongs here, but does anyone know why there's no rapid regen option in training for Liz's 1HSM (2C) buff?

Because you actually have to reapply the buff each time it's consumed. Otherwise, you'd create impossible combo routes. It's not like Mandala or axe gauges, where setting those allows you to practise combos for those specific conditions, since those, once met, remain stable throughout the combo (and until the opponent dies and/or Bursts, inflicts persona break, etc., which aren't concerns for testing combo routes, practising, etc.). 1HSM will be consumed after one of the affected moves is used, so your combo needs to account for that. (And the inclusion of another 2C.)

Alright so wtf is up with the bursts. Sometimes I'll try to burst and I KNOW I'm hitting the right button. I'll be mashing the button and nothing happens. Do you have to time bursts like a certain amount of times after the attacks hit you or something? It's fucking pissing me off. And no, the burst icon is not crossed out when this happens like when you get grabbed/supered/hit by other random attacks like Aigi's fire spin move

Alright so wtf is up with the bursts. Sometimes I'll try to burst and I KNOW I'm hitting the right button. I'll be mashing the button and nothing happens. Do you have to time bursts like a certain amount of times after the attacks hit you or something? It's fucking pissing me off. And no, the burst icon is not crossed out when this happens like when you get grabbed/supered/hit by other random attacks like Aigi's fire spin move

Did you know you can't burst while being thrown or hit with a super? And maybe your button for the burst macro isn't working.

Set your burst to L3 and be over with it. Sometimes when you try to press A+b+c+d you might be getting only some of those because pad's aren't perfect. As I said macro that shit and be over with it. Learn to love macros because I did I can definitely say they made me at least 3% better. It free'd me up to do more advance tech and helped me react to grabs faster by setting it to R3. And if you playing on stick.... god help you sir I have nothing to say.

Did you know you can't burst while being thrown or hit with a super? And maybe your button for the burst macro isn't working.

Yeah I'm not being supered or anything. I know you can't burst when that happens. I'm just getting hit by random normals in the air and I tap my burst button repeatedly and nothing happens.

Set your burst to L3 and be over with it. Sometimes when you try to press A+b+c+d you might be getting only some of those because pad's aren't perfect. As I said macro that shit and be over with it. Learn to love macros because I did I can definitely say they made me at least 3% better. It free'd me up to do more advance tech and helped me react to grabs faster by setting it to R3. And if you playing on stick.... god help you sir I have nothing to say.

I DO use macros! And this garbage is still happening!