Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Jin Kisaragi General Discussion

[Placeholder For Videos. Will re-organize when more informational videos develop]

JWong does some very interesting Jin stuff in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws_g3cL42us

The kick that cancels into the projectiles looks like an awesomely safe zoning tool. Also, see the effect when you are under negative penalty AND have bursted. YOINKS!!

Also, someone made a basic Jin combo compilation, some nice stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3KL0_Rrlv4

Especially the Ice-spike pullback combos are nice.

:vbang:

Moderator note: this is all out of date stuff now...

Stuff that you may want to add into the first post and sort accordingly.

Posted Image

Profile:

Name: Jin Kisaragi

VA: Kakihara Tetsuya

Height: 178 cm

Weight: 61 kg

Bloodtype: A

Origin: England

Hobby: Vintage Motorcycles

From a prestigious family, this man is a retainer of the Control System's Kisaragi house. His class is Major. In the past, he had a distinguished military record during the "Ikaruga Civil War" that broke out, and was promoted to the position of Division Commander at an exceptionally young age. He is always cool and calm, though he is a deeply jealous, ambitious, and possessive person, with little care for others. His Drive Ability is known as Frost Bite, which specializes in freezing opponents.

MOVELIST

Taken from the main thread. Originally posted by shtkn with additional input from myself.

Normals:

5A - A quick punch that hits high. Jump cancelable.

5B - A two hit kick attack. One kick outward and one inward. Second hit has slight vacuum effect and both hits are jump cancelable.

5C - A quick horizontal slash. Jump cancelable.

2A - A crouching behind the back poke with his scabbard.

2B - A crouching hand swipe. Moves him forward a little bit and does not knock down.

2C - A vertical slash, jump cancelable.

j.A - A jumping punch. Jump cancelable (???).

j.B - A jump kick, with some pretty good reach. Jump cancelable.

j.C - A vertical slash that hits above and below him. Jump cancelable.

Command normals:

6A - An overhead hit with the hilt of his sword. Can be special/super canceled.

6B - An overhead hop kick, kinda like the second hit of Sol's bandit revolver. Puts Jin in an airborne state and can be special cancelled.

6C - A powerful upward swipe of his sword. Has pretty long range and is dash cancelable, but it's got some startup.

3C - A sweep with both his feet and knocks down. Can be special/super canceled but not jump canceled.

Drive Attacks:

All of these freeze the opponent on hit. The opponent can struggle to get out of ice faster. If you do a combo that involves freezing the enemy, but that they could have mashed out of, the combo counter darkens, so you'll know if you did a valid combo or not.

5D - A gigantic ice wolf head appear in front of him. Dash cancelable.

6D - Creates a pillar of ice in front of him with a high hitbox.

2D - Creates an ice sword that shoots out of the ground in front and towards him. Has vacuum effect. 1 hit.

j.D - Jin does a pose and creates an ice aura around him shaped like a snow flake. Special cancelable. This move must be blocked high.

Sample Combos:

5ABC3C 214B

Basic Air Combos:

.... -> j.A-B dj.C-D or j.B-C dj.C-D

Other things to note: Jin's supers were changed to 632146C and 632146D I believe. Will probably add more info later or create another thread when I get the chance to play the final release that hits arcades.

Please explain what each command does o.o And don't forget his seiyuu: Kakihara Tetsuya(some devices at Nanoha A's/StrikerS XDDD)

So yeah, j.D is really fuckin' good. Basically anything into air juggle and try to land that j.D you can relaunch and go for a small combo. Thing is, don't get your combo to long seeing as how the longer your combo the easier it is for the opponent to air tech.

Note: I haven't seen any recent videos of Jin, but hopefully someone can tell me that I'm an idiot. Is it me or does Jin hit like a girl? Also, I think his dust is somewhat useless, considering it seems like you can't really use them in a combo chain. The dust moves itself are too slow and have too long recovery to really be used for starting a combo, yet it can't be used at the end of a combo for a continuation. Also, his projectiles aren't fast enough when coming out imo.

So yeah, j.D is really fuckin' good.

Basically anything into air juggle and try to land that j.D you can relaunch and go for a small combo.

As there anything else that makes the move good? Air Throw Invincibility? Priority? Range? =o

Note: I haven't seen any recent videos of Jin, but hopefully someone can tell me that I'm an idiot.

Is it me or does Jin hit like a girl?

Also, I think his dust is somewhat useless, considering it seems like you can't really use them in a combo chain. The dust moves itself are too slow and have too long recovery to really be used for starting a combo, yet it can't be used at the end of a combo for a continuation.

Also, his projectiles aren't fast enough when coming out imo.

Yeah, um... no your beyond wrong.

Jin actually does some really heavy damage as long as you don't start with a move that does not

prorate like down A (but then again this can be said about anyone else).

Anyways, I haven't been watching videos, so correct me if I'm wrong on any info I post up here.

Some basic combos:

- A, B, C, 236+D, Run Up, 2B (OTG), C, JC, j.B, JC, j.C, j.D, (long pause), 236+C.

Combo works best in corner. Basically the 236+D (the EX move) has them in OTG state for a very long time,

allowing you to relaunch into an air combo, however at the end of the EX move Jin will send his opponent

flying accross the screen. You can even do a Super on C after the OTG relaunch.

Of course after j.D, you can do whatever you want seeing as how it freezes the opponent.

- A, B, C, 236+B, Roman Cancel, j.D, land, jump, j.B, j.C, land, B, C, 236+B.

Of course, j.D will freeze them and you can basically do almost anything you want.

Just NOTE that the opponent can stagger out of Ice simply by hitting left and right on the stick.

The stagger time is rather short, and the combo meter will go dark (showing that it's a fake combo) telling you

the opponent could have stagger out of it.

Just keep note, these combos are rather basic, and anything with D involve will freeze the opponent.

Once frozen, you can do almost anything you want, just be quick about it or the opponent will stagger out.

Also another thing I'd like to point out is that your Grab can be super canceled before Jin can freeze the

opponent. In other words, once you throw you can do a Super right after. Does a lot of damage.

As there anything else that makes the move good? Air Throw Invincibility? Priority? Range? =o

Well, the thing about j.D is that it can be interupted by an Anti Air attack ;o

His bnb appears to be (gatling) > 5b (2hits) > 3c > otg 2b > 5c > sj j.abc jc j.bc(maybe cd?) He can do this off of 2a or 2b, also you can run up after counterhit 6B and do it. Only slightly difficult part is linking 3c to 2b. All throws are special cancellable in this game, so likewise Jin can throw>236d for example and follow up.

His bnb appears to be (gatling) > 5b (2hits) > 3c > otg 2b > 5c > sj j.abc jc j.bc(maybe cd?)

air throw worked rather well at the end of this combo

Ah, thanks for the post Hellmonkey =)

Thing is, I remember attempted that before, but notice it was a bit weak....

Maybe I'm missing something, I'll try it again.

Also, for a good air combo you can do something like j.B, j.C, JC, j.C, j.D into whatever after that launcher.

air throw worked rather well at the end of this combo

It would like to say that you would want to end your air combos with air throws very rarely.

They will be throw broken about a good 80% of the time, lol ;o

If you throw in your airthrow at different times I could see it working though, since they can miss the timing for teching the throw (it will say throw tech miss or something like this), so they have to react to it (which isn't terribly difficult, but they can't just mash tech). It appears like throws do full damage even at the end of combos like this too.

(it will say throw tech miss or something like this)

Yeah, there is normally a large X placed over the character if the throw tech is not done correctly. Thing is, I've only seen this happen when they hit the wrong button, not so much as miss the timing on the tech throw itself. Not to mention it seems like the throw break window is larger when you combo into it, or maybe this just depends on the throw itself.

What I find odd is that most characters when trying to do j.A from a relaunch into an air combo, the j.A will normally whiff but j.B hits just fine.

I'm guessing j.A's are somewhat slow? I dunno... it's just strange seeing that. We even tested it quite a bit and for the most part most characters should do j.B for most air combos to keep them from teching, were as doing a j.A they can tech.

Maybe it's another character thing as well...

is it possible to followup sekka jin with anything other than like RC? cuz i see like the third hit whiff alot so it seems like it might be unsafe.

is it possible to followup sekka jin with anything other than like RC? cuz

i see like the third hit whiff alot so it seems like it might be unsafe.

What's Sekka Jin?

His bnb appears to be (gatling) > 5b (2hits) > 3c > otg 2b > 5c > sj j.abc jc j.bc(maybe cd?)

Messin' with this again, it's somewhat character specific and not to mention it does decent damage at best. The thing I hate most about the move is that you lose knockdown, seeing as how it's too many hits into the combo after j.D any type of knockdown move will allow the opponent to tech before they hit the ground.

Not to mention, you got to keep the "gatling" part short, otherwise after the 3C (sweep), 2B will be to far for the relaunch. However, as long as you can get OTG 2B > 5C to link, you can always get the air combo.

To do more damage in the air combo, don't add the j.A (seeing as how it's slow or something, I dunno). j.B works just fine and damage scales less.

- j.B, j.C, JC, j.C, j.D works fine for an air combo (or after the JC go for the air throw).

However, not to say the combo is useless, it mean when you need thee extra damage by all means go for it.

My only problem with Jin is that I cannot find a good Anti-Air.

Anyone got ideas?

the move where u mash C

Oh, the move kind of sucks.

I can't seem to follow it up with anything, however after about like 6 hits it will launch the opponent into the air and you will recover soon after. Can't really combo off it or anything.

Otherwise, I rarely use the move.

I don't think think he has one particular good anti air, seems situational. I was playing a bunch against Arakune and he has several moves that drop straight down on you. 623C was good for getting him away. Pretty much the only time I ever used that move too. Also I could not combo 3C into 2B at all and it looks like a key part of Jin combos. The 2B felt like it took forever to come out.

I don't think think he has one particular good anti air, seems situational. I was playing a bunch against Arakune and he has several moves that drop straight down on you. 623C was good for getting him away. Pretty much the only time I ever used that move too.

Also I could not combo 3C into 2B at all and it looks like a key part of Jin combos. The 2B felt like it took forever to come out.

Well, his 2C is good but slow, and his 623C can count as a legit uppercut seeing as how he basically has pure inv. on start up.

Oh well, can't find a good anti-air, I'll just stick with 2C and 623C (and of course the A and B versions are good).

Also the combo that Hellmonkey posted is completely legit, so just keep trying.

But, how exactly is it a "key part" in his combos? I guess the extra damage isn't bad, but you loose the knock down, which to me = blehhhhh.

My only complaint about Jin is that his overhead (6A) has no fuckin' range it's annoying! I wish it had just a little bit more range, jeez!!! >_<

What have you been using your meter on? Did you try anything with his sword slash distortion drive in a corner? It looks like it could be followed up in some vids.

What have you been using your meter on? Did you try anything with his sword slash distortion drive in a corner? It looks like it could be followed up in some vids.

I don't know the name of any of the moves in the game =/

I've been calling the ice riding move (236 A/B/C) hair car.

Also Pozer have you messed with his dash cancel combos yet?

Yes, but I would only normally go for them if the opponent is frozen.

Something about your able to launch after a 3C and after the launch dash cancel out of it into an air combo that you told me about.

Sounds possible, I'll try it out when I have time.

And I'm guessing your talking about the 6C launch.

Yar!

You guys need to use Guilty Gear terms, you jerks.