Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Jin Kisaragi General Discussion

You aren't supposed to do it immediately. Wait for them to barely touch the ground and air dash, or something close to that timing.

best time for that combo is after a CH 623C or on a 6C on a crouching opponent. it does the exact same damage as the standard air combo, only it generally pushes them further into the corner plus your on the ground for added pressure. one thing to make sure is that the jump into jC jD is a superjump. you want to be slightly higher than them. then just air dash right before or as they hit the ground.

I just mash dash after after a slight pause (.5s~) from j.D. Always comes out at the same time I'd need it to air dash.

I've seen players do this combo blah blah get them Air borne, HJ> jc> Jd> delay> AD > Jb Jc > Jd 214b/c>2C> followed by two Fubukis, which Fubuki's are used? i know one sends you higher than the other but I'm not sure about which ones are used in which order? are they both A/B fubuki? Or one A fubuki, one B fubuki.

I've seen players do this combo

blah blah get them Air borne, HJ> jc> Jd> delay> AD > Jb Jc > Jd 214b/c>2C> followed by two Fubukis, which Fubuki's are used? i know one sends you higher than the other but I'm not sure about which ones are used in which order? are they both A/B fubuki? Or one A fubuki, one B fubuki.

It's 623B xx 623A

The timing can be a little tricky to get used to at first.

I have a stupid question. I keep finding myself landing a 5B > 5C at near-max range and then having no clue what to follow up with. Does anything combo from this?

If too far for 3C, just B ice car or EX ice car in corner. Anyone know how bad the proration will be for 5B 5C 214D ->combo will be? Should at least deal at least 3.5k and give you good options afterwards methinks...

If near corner 5b 5c 623b 5c 6c 6d ect or D icecar instead of 623b Midscreen 5b 5c 214b (1hit) RC into stuff (i'm not a fan of this but if you REALLY need that damage then by all means go for it). 3c 2b 5c has very short range in which it will all connect so it is not viable to do this off max distance 5c. Edit: Banger, 3.5k without a 623b 623a ender (assuming you dont spend another 25%) sounds a bit high. If anything a simple 214d 2c j.c 214b should retain KD but do barely any dmg.

Edit: Banger, 3.5k without a 623b 623a ender (assuming you dont spend another 25%) sounds a bit high. If anything a simple 214d 2c j.c 214b should retain KD but do barely any dmg.

I see. I wasn't near a console to clarify. Thanks for clearing that up.

Is it me being crazy or does 6b have some weird landing cancel into specials only nonsense going on. Does 6b combo into 2c? cause 6b clearly combos into 623b (which is also 17f). Edit: NVM landing recovery is still part of the move which has special cancel and me thinking the move is entirely aerial is what happened. Though frametraps w/sekkajin would be hilarious since people button after 6b cause its neutral. Silly me :v:

yo there iam new to the game and played over 200 games now with jin and iam starting to train real combos now and even use the block button now but now i have 2 questions ^^

1) up to now i always started with ice car and if i think about it was my only really damaging move ^-^now i ask myself how can i start a counter out of the blocking position?

2)i don´t get the cancels right a rapid cancel is a cancel where you push A,B,C right? and it needs 50 % energy then what is a roman cancel and jump cancel? jumping right after you did a move?

thanks in advance :)

lol it sounds like your trolling.

there is no block button...just hold back.

1. never start the fight with ice car shit is unsafe.

2. when your blocking you wait for a hole in the string or you instant block and make one, then attack.

3.rapid cancel is BB, roman cancel is Guilty Gear.

4.jump cancel is jumping after you do an attack, it makes some moves safe when they are usually not and allows you to continue combo's.

and which is the best move for jin to start a combo out of the blocking position?

6C? or 623A?

oh forgot ehm i do moves on the ground and simply jump afterwards so that i won´t leave myself open right?

um 5A?

seriously DP or 6C? no.

don't always jump people can and will punish.

I suggest you look up some videos in the video section. Yes most are on nico video, but for your purposes, just find the youtube ones and they should help you get an idea of what most people do.