Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Jin Kisaragi General Discussion

Do you think you guys could re-post the vs Ragna matchup inquiries in the vs Ragna thread? I think it would keep this thread a little more organized. Also, when you're going for the j.B (j.A whiff) reset options, what can be done against people who mash 5A during this?

That sucks. If that's the case, then there's no reason for them NOT to mash 5A if they think it's coming. :\ When you say frame trap a j.C, do you mean just delay the j.C after j.B after j.B hits?

well if they know it's coming than you do it too often. They should never know what's coming if you mix enough shit in. That's the whole point of having a mixup game. They have to play honest and just block while you throw things at them. There is no such thing as they know it's coming unless that's the only thing that keeps coming out.

Any suggestions for block strings? I really feel this is an area I get tied up in because I just can't keep my pressure up well enough.

I don't know if this was already said or stated but I was watching match videos and I believe it was Nise Pachi, he whiff canceled J.B with J.A, and was able to airdash and go for a cross up setup with a second J.B. I've been practicing this and it grants a lot of options for mixups and pressure strings. Just thought I would mention that wasn't sure if it was already mention or not sorry if it was.

I don't know if this was already said or stated but I was watching match videos and I believe it was Nise Pachi, he whiff canceled J.B with J.A, and was able to airdash and go for a cross up setup with a second J.B. I've been practicing this and it grants a lot of options for mixups and pressure strings. Just thought I would mention that wasn't sure if it was already mention or not sorry if it was.

Sorry to sound like a lazy ass, but would you mind linking that video?

Any suggestions for block strings? I really feel this is an area I get tied up in because I just can't keep my pressure up well enough.

The easiest thing to work with would be 2a>5b>5c> and then mix up from:

5D>236C <- grants frame advantage I think

or

slight jump over> jD <- cross up freeze if they arent on point with their defense

or even

5b>wait a bit>walk up 6a>214D(if you have meter)

The easiest thing to work with would be 2a>5b>5c> and then mix up from:

5D>236C <- grants frame advantage I think

or

slight jump over> jD <- cross up freeze if they arent on point with their defense

or even

5b>wait a bit>walk up 6a>214D(if you have meter)

Thank you for this.

What do you guys think about the application of using j.A (whiff) as a means to cancel the recovery time on j.B I'm calling this j.A cancels/cancelling. Buppa has been using j.A cancels as resets but I'm trying to find more applications to it. It has been mentioned briefly before but nobody has really explored it here. For those of you who don't know what this is you basically use j.A immediately after j.B to cancel the recovery of j.B which basically resets Jin's air options. I've been testing this out in training mode for a variety of applications and think it's a wonderful tool to use in Jin's pressure game. You can nail an airborne opponent with j.B, j.A cancel, j.B, jc, j.B, j.C, j.D, 214B or adjust the combo depending on the height of you and your opponent when you land the first j.B. I don't recommend using this as part of his standard air combos as you scale the damage and probably screw the spacing of j.D. Best used for those air-to-air situations. Keep your opponent honest with an early j.B, j.A cancel, j.B or mix it up by forcing your opponent to block the j.A (it is an overhead after all) do another j.B or j.C or jump cancel after j.A in an attempt to cross up with a late j.B. You could simply land after the j.A cancel and do 2B for a low mix up. You can air dash right after j.A cancelling so you can force your opponent in a 50/50 situation where they have to block high to avoid an air dash overhead of j.B, j.C, land 5C, 6C->BnB for high damage or block low to avoid 2B, 5C->combos. Biggest weakness to j.A cancels is that your opponent can back dash or do a top invicible move to either dodge or counter your pressures altogether provided they are quick enough or anticipate it. I think it's a pretty useful tool in block strings but anyone else experiment with this in detail?

ja is just another frame trap tool for Jin. Treat it as such. People has been using it since march so look up any Japanese match vids should give you a good idea what to do with this. It isn't new, there is plenty of material to use as reference.

I've been looking to brush up my skills. I'm a Jin player who only knows the standard air combo, but I have almost a 50% W/L ratio in ranked online. Sadly, I can't air launch too well, and normally I only air launch by using 6C in a corner then if I get lucky, then I perform the standard air combo. So, I was just wondering what's a good easy way to air launch, and what combos are a must to learn?

Well You need this for sure, its your major midscreen 2A hitconfirm combo: 2A->5b(1-2)->5C (optional 2C)-> 214B It gets you knockdown and you can do it on all characters standing or crouching. And you should know this one for characters which are crouching: 2A->5b(1-2)->5C->6C (dash canceled)-> 5C -> Aircombo Note: 5C only combos into 6C on crouching characters But you should know that the more combos you know and are able to pull off; the more likely you are to land a combo during a match, because you will be able to pull off a decent combo in a wider array of situations.

I'm a ragna player and I'm trying to sub jin, but he's giving me a hard time adapting. Ragna has a bunch of tools that help him mix up but jin doesn't have those tools, thus he's giving me a hard time putting pressure on opponents. How are you supposed to put pressure on? Or are you supposed to just poke the shit out of them and I'm just playing jin completely wrong..

Anyone else enjoy delaying Jin's 623D second hit after you freeze them? I mean particularly when it is their last bit of life and they have already barrier bursted. I just let it sit for a second (the freeze is longer than like a 5d freeze) just to watch em suffer a bit. Like there isn't a damn thing they can do but waggle the stick, and even that won't save them. You should try it sometime, it's morbidly satisfying.:eng101:

Anyone else enjoy delaying Jin's 623D second hit after you freeze them? I mean particularly when it is their last bit of life and they have already barrier bursted. I just let it sit for a second (the freeze is longer than like a 5d freeze) just to watch em suffer a bit. Like there isn't a damn thing they can do but waggle the stick, and even that won't save them.

You should try it sometime, it's morbidly satisfying.:eng101:

Yeah, I enjoy watching people suffer too. :psyduck:

"

Yeah, I enjoy watching people suffer too. :psyduck:

"

I do love people suffering as well, but I try not to show it. This is another reason I choose Jin, his character is my inner self...

Half the time, I also find that people don't even try to shake out of the ice online, so I just do what I can to win.

Delaying the 2nd hit of a whiffed or block 623D is good for mind games and actually saves me sometimes. The 2nd hit has to be barrier guarded or IB'd in the air or they get hit. Most people don't know this so if they try to jump and do a CH you can tag them as they are falling. Some people will try to time the jump as you release for the 2nd hit but if you are quick enough you can catch them during the start of their jump. Some people freeze and just sit there so hilariously I can charge for the unblockable and tag them into the corner for 6K hurt. :) 623D is also applicable to Jin's reset games by forcing people to think what to do during their brief frozen time from the first hit. I love the move so much as it's gotten me out of so many scrapes as well as good as baiting and punishing certain moves like Tager's 720.

623D has a great hitbox, I like that it reaches out further than 623C; and it's out faster too.

I'm a ragna player and I'm trying to sub jin, but he's giving me a hard time adapting. Ragna has a bunch of tools that help him mix up but jin doesn't have those tools, thus he's giving me a hard time putting pressure on opponents. How are you supposed to put pressure on? Or are you supposed to just poke the shit out of them and I'm just playing jin completely wrong..

Think of Jin like this.... he is a more calculated managment of rushdown. You have to lay out things that will put people in stun like 5C into 5D then a fireball then you can bait a jump or rush more etc. Basically getting 5C blocked or hit (counter is best) is what you want to get working. Also close 5B rapes and is great hit confirm and burst bait.

Just remember you cant rush as blindly with jin as you can with ragna. His overhead, specials, drives all have to be placed not spammed.

Good luck bro. Hit me up if you want an example =D

Does this works? I'm beginning to test it and it give me good results...b/c when you grab and then do this distortion drive (while the opponent frozen on the air) it doesn't do a lot of damage...sometimes I just run and hit with this and cancel it into the Hiyoku...hmmmm. so, what do you thing about this?? maybe it can be old and easy to pull of, but I've found that consuming the heat on Distortion drives is very useful rather than rapid canceling...so, what do you think? :I:

the use of supers are very dependent on which character you are. and in this case with jin, hiyoku getsumei is mainly used to end a match so your opponent cannot burst. other than that, you can use the 50% in more useful ways with jin

the use of supers are very dependent on which character you are. and in this case with jin, hiyoku getsumei is mainly used to end a match so your opponent cannot burst. other than that, you can use the 50% in more useful ways with jin

more useful ways you say?? great, tell me some examples if you can please! :yaaay::keke:

and yeah, you're totally right, Jin's supers are for ending matches...I've found really useful when you do and instant Hiyoku as an anti air...:kitty: