Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Jin Kisaragi General Discussion

Oh just wait until the next GG comes out with netplay then we'll see new bitching and whinning. Eddie gets buffed and gets 100% unblockable set ups and online scrubs will be bitching to no end. All new rage quits will occur I GUARANTEE it.

Why do people get so butthurt over good jins?

I can't count how many times I've been either kicked or the room is disbanded, then a new one comes up named "no jin"

whats worse is a lot of this bitches play high tiers. Could just be scrub mentality, but I see a lot of people on here say Jin is broken too. how so, all his shit is based on making someone overeager and getting a ch through frame traps. jin has to fucking force the issue. granted j.b is godlike as is j.236D, 5d and 623a. but two of those has pretty bad recovery if missed. I mean carl has a death combo off 2a, kune has 5000. It just baffles me how you could hate on jin, he is just solid that's all. I spent a shitload of time in this character and it pisses me off when someone thinks I won just because of jin. I decided on maining jin before I even touched the game.

anyone care to elaborate on this phenomenom of jin bitching?

1. Oh noez, I can't break out of teh ice and get extended chombo'd for less than significant damagez.

2. lulz, 6 hit chombo? jin is teh EZ/BORING/SUX/etc.

Seriously, if they gave Jin's freezing moves normal properties with the hit stun of a regular ice move breakout, no one would be hating on him. I've seen ignorance beyond that of a scrub online. Some people just don't like the fact that he doesn't have 15+ hit combos that hit for 4-5k or intense Litchi corner mixup. (owate.) Just because he's described as the "Ryu" character of BB, he's seen as "boring"/"noob".

I think you can also use j.a to cancel but I'm not too sure.

j.B > j.A whiff is a pressure tactic too. (imo anyway)

Common block string is like...

5B > 5C > j.B > j.A whiff > ad.B > j.C > ...

What do you mean link up? Do you mean combo follow ups for 6A or mix up games that lead into 6A?

Either way, there are not alot of options with 6A thus its lack of use.

A attacks will link into it (not combo) and you can also do it after rc's and jump attacks and it will work a few times. People will see it tho and catch on quick.

As far as followups, its character, positioning, and meter specific. So basically in the corner against taller characters you would do B DP into combo to followup. Doesn't work on some characters like rachel, jin, carl. Then most characters you can follup with C mash. Carl you can only do an ice car to combo him. D ice car will get you decent damage in corner tho.

Overall, not a good move to have in the general rotation, more like a sneaky play you can make now and then.

Didn't want to create a whole new thread for this, but apparently some people who were at the loketest for BB:CS mentioned that Jin's 5B is now pretty slow.

Jin's 5B is slower.

5B doesn't OTG on second hit anymore(?)

New command aerial, j. 2C.

New Super: 214214D.

Crap.

Guess I gotta get used to 2A now, although not having 5B as a go-to normal for hit confirming is going to suck. Also not being able to 5B forward techs. Geez.

What exactly do they mean by slower? Does it take more frames do come out? Are some of the combos with 5B going to be impossible to be done, or somewhat harder? Or is it just that it will take longer to land both hits? I guess we can adapt to using 2B as a OTG move. :v:

Come on Jins. In this time, we need to all rely on our favorite tool, the 2B. This move will make all of our dreams come true. Who cares if Tager has a reliable anti-air, goes through projectiles, can grab you on the ground, and is overall faster? Who cares if Hakumen has a lot of new tools, still does massive damage, and is also going to be superior? The point is, we are Jin, and all we need are ice cars. We still can't be stopped at this rate. All jokes aside, I still think Jin doesn't have it that bad. I think Jin vs. Rachel, Arakune, Lamb-chan, Noel, maybe Carl, and Taokaka are going to be in Jin's favor. Ragna is now going to tear apart Jin, and Tager and Hakumen are going to as well. Our counter Distortion drive will be good though with it's 3800-ish damage. So we aren't entirely screwed, just a little screwed.

Hopefully what happened is that they overnerfed Jin on purpose. BB:CT Jin is probably the most well rounded character in the game. He does defense well, he does offense well. He can zone you out and he can pressure. Looking at the changes, it seems like they want to put a damper on his offensive game while buffing up his defensive one. Maybe their plan is to nerf all of Jin's offensive options for this loketest (5C 6C on crouch, 5B, j.B, B musou and who knows what else) with the purpose of forcing people to play Jin more defensively in order to determine whether Jin's new defensive options are working as expected. Hopefully, as ArcSys gets info on how Jin's defensive abilities are playing out, they'll start rolling back the nerfs to his offensive game until they get to a balance they like. Wishful thinking perhaps.

^ What?!...They already have a character like that...Hakuman. Always even though it makes sense in theory, Jin is one ice car nerf away from being unusable.

At least this is just a test. Hopefully it won't be like that on the final version of the game. My guess is that they're trying to make us play around with his projectile game more, or something like that.

I like the jin nerfs. He was too good on offense and defense, and you add his freeze gimmick and no weaknesses and you have a character that is boderline broken because of how good he is. Jin players will now see how it feels like to use carl without the loop. Trust me, it's much much harder to win. Carl has gone down the path of jin, so don't worry, jin's not the only one. Although prepare yourselves for Low tier revenge rage (tager/hakumen). I suggest apologizing to all the hakumens/tagers you abused, especially tager for me, cause now it will be rape for here on out.

I know that everyone is saying that this will change, but what if it doesn't. Honestly, all jin needed was a defense nerf and he would have been fine.

I like the jin nerfs. He was too good on offense and defense, and you add his freeze gimmick and no weaknesses and you have a character that is boderline broken because of how good he is.

Jin players will now see how it feels like to use carl without the loop. Trust me, it's much much harder to win. Carl has gone down the path of jin, so don't worry, jin's not the only one. Although prepare yourselves for Low tier revenge rage (tager/hakumen). I suggest apologizing to all the hakumens/tagers you abused, especially tager for me, cause now it will be rape for here on out.

shut up please. You're a moron =/

I like the jin nerfs. He was too good on offense and defense, and you add his freeze gimmick and no weaknesses and you have a character that is boderline broken because of how good he is.

Jin players will now see how it feels like to use carl without the loop. Trust me, it's much much harder to win. Carl has gone down the path of jin, so don't worry, jin's not the only one. Although prepare yourselves for Low tier revenge rage (tager/hakumen). I suggest apologizing to all the hakumens/tagers you abused, especially tager for me, cause now it will be rape for here on out.

revenge rage?

you dumb or something