Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate275

[CT] Jin Kisaragi General Discussion

Yes, but if you're having trpuble landing it just do the superjump, the added velocity should help connect the j.D faster; by which I mean I know for sure you can do the same combo with a superjump and it'll work as I do it frequently. Also try jump canceling and chaining faster, you're wasting time falling if j.D is whiffing. Or you know, do a different combo.

Yea but i feel that every jin should be able to do this combo..i used to do it fine but it's like the second bc is launching them too high because jd is coming out imediately but when Jin is doing they are still in the falling animation. Also when i look at the key display it says im doing Jb b c or jdX4 when i know im pressing them once.

I've stopped doing that a long time ago. The majority of Jin players just ommit the second jB (thus making it jB > jC > JC > jC > jD > 214B) or do the variation of this BnB, which is 6C > 5C > HJC > jC > jD > Air Dash > jB > jC > 214B. Personally, I simply go for 6C > 2D > dash > 5C > jB > jC > jD > 214B when I'm sure the 2D won't whiff due to corner. It is also more damaging, I think.

Don't even bother with this combo there are much better combos to do than this. I never use this combo set up in an actual match and anytime I'm landing 6C in a combo I'm either following up with 2D for better position or 5C, SJC, jC, jD, air dash jB, jC, B Ice Car or other options for resets/mix ups. In general it's better to end your combos as close to the ground as possible as you recover in a better position. In training mode make sure you set the dummy to be able to tech so you know when it comes out properly. Delay your 5C as much as possible the deeper it hits the more success you will have and then just super jump for the rest of the combo. Super jumping makes this combo much easier to pull off. Still I recommend you don't bother with this combo you have so many better options with this. You can do the combo I listed to push your opponent into the corner or use it for mix up games. off of 6C, DC, 5C, 6C, DC, j.B, JC, j.C, j.D, B Ice Car or j.B, j.C, JC, j.B, j.C, j.D, D Ice Car if you are close to the corner then 6C OTG, 623B/C for like 4k dmg 6C, DC, 6C, DC, 5C, 6C, DC, j.B, JC, j.C, j.D, B Ice Car I might be off on this combo I can't remember the specifics.

Wow..thanks so much guys..and Phoenix...i did JUST that..omitting the the second Jb and i can do that fine..it's just the counter turned grayed out so i thought it wasn't legit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O31MMnRjgto

I had my little brother using my cell to record it..screwed up a few times but you'll see me wiff a jump D a couple times..but given your advice i wont be using this anymore.

Killey, and phoenix thanks so much for the advice..i've dedicated myself to atleas 90 minutes of practice a day..however i ended up doing 2 today.

I've also found that some times this works

6c>2d>jb c> jb c> d > 214c

Phoenix..i think i've been stomped by you online..the PSN sounds familiar.

Really? I've definitely seen your PSNid while searching for Custom Ranked Matches, though I'm not exactly sure if I got to play with you. Sorry, my memory is awful, I don't even know how I memorize combos so easily, lol. If it was a laggy "Ky Kiske Jin", it was probably me... That combo you found probably works, but I wouldn't rely on it for every single character since jD doesn't guarantee you a 214B (or C / D) when the opponent has already been frozen or is not on the ground. I suggest you learn the 5B (2 hits) > 5C > jB > jC > jD > land + little dash > 5C > jB > jC > jD > 214B combo string and make it your basic BnB. It's kinda hard at first, but you'll get the hang of it if you don't know the combo already. As Killey said, it's best to end your combos as close to the ground as possible, thus making those double jump combos sort of useless. It would help if you watched and tried to reproduce combos, resets and mixups shown in Jin combo videos. "Just Like Me", "Cyclone" and "Chasing Lights" are all pretty good and will definitely place your Jin at a higher level of play once you master that stuff.

Oh okay..and i've done the one you mentioned before but only in training lol. I've been at this a lot lately..i spent my 1 hour gap between classes (god damned overcrowded college..)watching combo vids and studying Buppas, Rens and this other jin (don't know his name, he was in the 8/5 game chariot video and beat a noel in a tight match) matches to see what i can learn..i also notice Buppa doesn't waste his time with two jbc's either..as a matter of fact no ones seems to use that combo lol. I've watched heiderns "just like me" more times that i care to mention... Now i'll go remove that miserable video from youtube.

So yeah, playing against Brave_Hippo and his Jin has inspired me to sub him. Plus the guy, while overused is a stylish badass. One thing I want to know is what's the best way in general to approach an enemy with Jin? Should I strike from above, attempt to freeze from mid with ice wolf or bait the enemy with swords and just for the, to come at me? Also, as Mac pointed out Jin can cancel his throw midway much like how Litchi can do hers, best way to follow up on this?

Basic throw combo is just throw then 214C for ~2250 damage Fancier is throw, cancel with 214A after 2nd hit of the throw (it should carry you to them), 5C 2C 214B If you want to do unburstable damage to finish someone off, throw then 632146D (ice arrow) does the trick

Basic throw combo is just throw then 214C for ~2250 damage

Fancier is throw, cancel with 214A after 2nd hit of the throw (it should carry you to them), 5C 2C 214B

If you want to do unburstable damage to finish someone off, throw then 632146D (ice arrow) does the trick

If i can..i like to follow up the ice arrow with an air throw and then a 214C

If i can..i like to follow up the ice arrow with an air throw and then a 214C

another similar combo is:

Throw --> 632146 D --> instant air dash --> air throw --> 236 D --> dash --> throw again

if you connect this combo, you can deal more than 5000 damage.

I usually use this combo with jin, it's very useful :)

That requires 75 of the meter correct...I abuse his ex ice swords and ex DP..so i'm never usually above 50 heat.

That requires 75 of the meter correct...I abuse his ex ice swords and ex DP..so i'm never usually above 50 heat.

I don't remember well now, but it should requires less than 75, because when you do the air throw you gain more meter

So yeah, playing against Brave_Hippo and his Jin has inspired me to sub him. Plus the guy, while overused is a stylish badass. One thing I want to know is what's the best way in general to approach an enemy with Jin? Should I strike from above, attempt to freeze from mid with ice wolf or bait the enemy with swords and just for the, to come at me? Also, as Mac pointed out Jin can cancel his throw midway much like how Litchi can do hers, best way to follow up on this?

It really depends on the situation and the match up but the beauty of Jin is that he can do all of the above at any time and be generally in a good position. Also, depends on what style of Jin you play as he can be very offensive and rush down like there's no tomorrow.

Basically, from neutral to far screen away you want to abuse his pokes like j.A, falling j.B's, 5D, and 2D. j236C should be used sparingly as it's not a good poke and leaves you open to some characters it is useful against Arakune when he's got curse clouds out and you can try to fish for a random CH to neutralize the cloud and make your towards him. Anyways, from this zoning range you are fishing for hits or counter hits to get you in close and then you can apply pressure all day afterwards. This also works to your favor as characters who can't zone as well as Jin are then forced to come to you and you have 4 DP's to punish a reckless attempt but if you do land one of your pokes you have your way in. That's one method of approach but you can easily switch to a rushdown style and abuse 5B on the ground of j.A, j.B, j.C and then start his mix up game when you have them on the defensive. It's better to do this against characters like Tager, Litchi, Arakune, Nu, Carl, and Rachel. Everyone else can be approached from a more defensive aspect.

Corner throw (two hits) 623B 5C jC jD wait a bit, airdash jB jC 214B.

On most characters you can land after jC, 5B, 5C, 3C, 236C oki for better damage and corner pressure then B Ice Car. Some characters like Arakune and Litchi have push back so 5B, 5C, may not always combo and on those characters it's better to just land 5C, 3C, 236C for oki. In the corner if you can combo into 3C you are in a much more favorable position then B Ice Car since you have more time to set up different oki scenarios.

Throw --> 632146 D --> instant air dash --> air throw --> 236 D --> dash --> throw again

This is just terrible. Purple throw combos should NEVER be recommended as you have 27 frames to tech and that's a ton of time that it becomes moot at high level play. If you want to do this on newer people fine but on higher level play this is not even an option.

The standard corner throw combo is the 623B cancel or just throw in DD for unburstable finishes.

Yeah, I think purple throws should only be used after a 214D > 2C if you feel like resetting (can air dash back in if they tech) or 632146D if you can't follow up with something that would deal a signigicant amount of damage.

This is just terrible. Purple throw combos should NEVER be recommended as you have 27 frames to tech and that's a ton of time that it becomes moot at high level play. If you want to do this on newer people fine but on higher level play this is not even an option.

Right now I'm at level 56

I play against people with higher level than mine, still that combo works well

online level means absolutely nothing... it just shows how much you play online. things that work online (purple throws) do not work as well offline due to lag and such. so again, purple throw combos are generally useless... the 214D > 2C example is the only useful one i can think of for jin.

Try doing that to the same person online for a couple times even--chances are, he'll pick up and the combo immediately becomes obsolete. It's just a gimmick. It only works for awhile. I've been wanting to try a j.236D after a teched blue grab from corner otg 2C but no one's been teching out of it, lol. I'm thinking this is a good reset/freeze opportunity since I think most people feel gutsy after teching a grab.

^ Happens to me all the time lol. Whenever I think of something creative to do after they tech my purple grab out of corner OTG 2C they end up being thrown.

I just want to throw this out here. Jin's resets make me feel so good. Losing the j.B j.A reset is the biggest reason I'd consider switching in CS. Doing the BnB into j.B j.A(whiff) j.B reset and hitting a croucher then going into 5C 6C aerial combo makes my day anytime I land it (which is rare...).

421D, option select 214D get away on crossup/ 623D antiair on not. It's horribly unsafe and rather gimmicky. and the standard option select throw break.

Im having trouble pulling off this combo i see a lot of people use...(i may have the notation wrong because i can't learn a combo by notation..i have to see it then the notation makes sense) Ok it's after the opponent is in the air they seem to use one jump then jC, jD while the opponent is falling they air dash and continue doing what they want from there. I'm having trouble with the Air dash part...it doesn't seem to come out..and i know i didn't waste my second jump...