Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Hyde

On 11/19/2015 4:26:52, steeltoedsandal said:

Recently, someone suggested Discord as a chat alternative for Skype. So far it's really great and we talk about Hyde stuff if you're into that sort of thing. Here is the link for the new Hydeout.

https://discord.gg/0ePpr7jotPb8t6rx (Expires in 24 Hours)

I'll have to check that out.  I'm kind of new to the community - kind of - and I just got into UNIEL a couple of months ago.  I watched the UNIEL tournament at EVO, though.  Your Hyde was really godlike, dude.  You play the character much more methodically than I do; I just go in and get bopped because Hyde is really weak standing toe-to-toe with the majority of the cast.  At any rate, it was fun to watch you bop Vatista!  Keep Red-Clad Carvin'!

On 12/8/2015, 6:50:05, steeltoedsandal said:

Thank you! Just a lot of stubbornness and some hard work. We talk about all things Hyde in the chat, so feel free to ask any questions. Here is a newer link for the Discord chat since the old one expired.

https://discord.gg/0ePpr7jotPc8utSC

Out of curiosity, do you think that Hyde stands a chance against the top-tier characters?  In my experience, Hyde struggles mightily against the top-three (in my opinion: Gordeau, Merkava, and Waldstein).  Whenever I play against any of the three, Hyde just cannot get his neutral game going (which is frankly pretty weak in comparison to the Top-Tier Trio).  Against Merkava, nothing I do is safe at any range because Merkava can simply react with full-screen command grabs or full-screen supers that tag Hyde out of anything he does.  Gordeau can just sit back and 5C for days and if I get to close, he simply slides and blows up anything I try to do on the ground.  Waldstein is perhaps the best match for Hyde out of the three, provided you are disciplined enough to play patiently, but even then, Waldstein can simply use his long-reaching normals and stop Hyde from doing anything.  Whenever I try to throw fireballs at Waldstein, he seems to stuff me before they even come out and convert that counter-hit into stupid amounts of damage.  I guess that's my fault for playing a character that doesn't have as many strong options as the top-tiers and I certainly do have anyone to blame but myself if I keep getting hit by the same stuff over and over again. :arg:

Hyde unfortunately does not have the tools to mess with the top tier trio in this game, so winning against them requires a lot of patience, luck and just straight up skill. You can beat them because its not like Hyde's tools aren't good in their own right, you just have to understand how to use them against those characters because their tools are stronger than Hyde's.

I do believe Hyde can fight anyone in the cast on even footing. Regarding Gordeau, Merkava, and Waldstein specifically, you'll want to practice shielding and retaliating with 22A. 22A is 11 frames, and goes quite far. Hyde may not have big normals like those characters, but with 22A, he has a legitimate way to make them think twice about just doing Gord 5C/mortal slide or other big normals.

On 12/10/2015, 10:05:57, steeltoedsandal said:

I do believe Hyde can fight anyone in the cast on even footing. Regarding Gordeau, Merkava, and Waldstein specifically, you'll want to practice shielding and retaliating with 22A. 22A is 11 frames, and goes quite far. Hyde may not have big normals like those characters, but with 22A, he has a legitimate way to make them think twice about just doing Gord 5C/mortal slide or other big normals.

That's a move that I do not use very often because I seem to whiff it at the worse time and because the recovery is so terrible, I get hit and get carried into the corner.  I'll have to just wait for the best time to use it, I guess.  

Recently I was at Frosty Faustings 8, and played a good bit on stream. I ended up finishing 3rd. I'm going to post the archive here so that people can see what some good play might look like. Lots of Hyde vs Waldstein in the archive.

My matches are at the 13 minute mark, 54 minute mark, and 1 hour and 15 minute mark.

With UNIEL releasing on PC, hopefully new people will try the game for the first time. Feel free to ask questions about the character and the game in general and I will do my best to answer any questions.