Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Hyde

Well yes. You need to guard depending on where the opponent is watching.

When you cross up, your character doesn't turn around mid air, and thus you can guard normal or cross up.

If the opponent turns around mid air (Orie's FF for example), you need to guard cross up.

Hyde doesn't have any cross up.The rekka cross up gimmick will only work on people who don't know Hyde. I doubt it will work at higher level plays. But it's still a good tool to keep pressure. I believe hyde is + on guard if you hit very low with it. I'll need to mine some more data to be sure.

I believe hyde is + on guard if you hit very low with it. I'll need to mine some more data to be sure.

When I tried it, it seemed to be at least -6, I was 2A punishing it as Hyde. It seems like a bad idea in general.

When I tried it, it seemed to be at least -6, I was 2A punishing it as Hyde. It seems like a bad idea in general.

Wouldnt 214a> j.236b be a good pressure/pressure reset option. Im assuming air(or at least TK) lotus is plus

I don't get this part. It seems to indicate that 214A > 4A can crossup but I've been unable to get it to via recording. The only way they get hit is if they let go of the stick or press buttons (so not a crossup) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibygy8qzmBA&t=3m48s

This is a translated version of the tutorial vid btw

If it's anything like Melty, they'd need to leave blockstun before you can cross them up (assuming you can there)

Wouldnt 214a> j.236b be a good pressure/pressure reset option. Im assuming air(or at least TK) lotus is plus

214A only cancels to the 2nd hit of the rekka, can't cancel to other specials.

If it's anything like Melty, they'd need to leave blockstun before you can cross them up (assuming you can there)

Yeah I can't get that to happen.

Hyde doesn't have any cross up.The rekka cross up gimmick will only work on people who don't know Hyde. I doubt it will work at higher level plays. But it's still a good tool to keep pressure. I believe hyde is + on guard if you hit very low with it. I'll need to mine some more data to be sure.

So thankfully I was wrong, you are right it is actually plus on block after he crosses over with the delayed 4A. I was recording downback in the wrong direction cause I didn't realize the playback switched input directions lol.

So I get it now, it's not a cross up, but potential trap to catch them trying to punish the first rekka, and plus on block if they just keep blocking. Also useful if you need to reposition them to the corner. Cool!

also, looks like they have to input reversals in the opposite direction to beat it from up close, so not a bad pressure restarter if they aren't doing that. But for example if I'm Hyde, he can DP it whether he cancels to the 4A or not, as long as you know which side he will be on by the spacing. Probably not good on characters with good DPs for that reason.

A PRESSURE TOOL IN THE REKKA?

WE MADE IT

Good find. I was confused on that crossup tech for a while until this post. I had tried it last night and didn't notice the advantage because I was being dumb.

Well I didn't find it or anything I just wasn't clear on why they showed it in that vid.

Upon looking at it further it seems like its neutral on block? Trying recording it then holding up, you both seem to be the same height after your recovery. I may just not be getting absolute max delay on the 4A though. Still ok.

It seems like there are lots of DPs in this game so it won't be good on someone familiar with it that has one. I'm going through the cast eventually to see who can't get out of it cause it seems pretty cool if they can't.

Unrelated, I found that you can confirm off normal hit max range 2C > whiff 2A with 3C. I don't know how great 2C is for footsies yet really but it's got some reach and hits low at least. On block, 2C > 2A whiff looks like -1 or something. On hit you can link 3C into various options, easy mode: 3C>5[C]>214B>4B>4B. From closer you can get 5B to pick up.

Well I didn't find it or anything I just wasn't clear on why they showed it in that vid.

Upon looking at it further it seems like its neutral on block? Trying recording it then holding up, you both seem to be the same height after your recovery. I may just not be getting absolute max delay on the 4A though. Still ok.

It seems like there are lots of DPs in this game so it won't be good on someone familiar with it that has one. I'm going through the cast eventually to see who can't get out of it cause it seems pretty cool if they can't.

Unrelated, I found that you can confirm off normal hit max range 2C > whiff 2A with 3C. I don't know how great 2C is for footsies yet really but it's got some reach and hits low at least. On block, 2C > 2A whiff looks like -1 or something. On hit you can link 3C into various options, easy mode: 3C>5[C]>214B>4B>4B. From closer you can get 5B to pick up.

So it seems that the crossover for the 214A is almost given if you do it after sweep? From what I tried, it crossed over almost every time after doing it from sweep with some delay.

Also, with 3C starter, do you mean 5B to pick up after the rekkas? If so, wouldn't it be better to 3B simply because of the confirm range?

does this game have auto-correct DPs ?

I don't think so, but can't say for sure. I found a setup where they have to input the other direction to get out the other day, so I assume not. (corner 2A 5B 2C j.A j.B j.236B, but I still need to explore this further)

So it seems that the crossover for the 214A is almost given if you do it after sweep? From what I tried, it crossed over almost every time after doing it from sweep with some delay.

Also, with 3C starter, do you mean 5B to pick up after the rekkas? If so, wouldn't it be better to 3B simply because of the confirm range?

Whether the 4A crosses behind or not just depends on how far out you are, so shorter block string will make it more likely. Also if they shield it can change the spacing.

I meant you can do 2C > 2A whiff > 5B if you're close enough, instead of 2C > 2A whiff > 3C from farther range. I dunno how useful this even is though 2C seems kinda bad for footsies.

Ah, okay.

Me personally? I don't like his 2C for footsies either. I'd rather use 3B but that's only cause of range.

does this game have auto-correct DPs ?

No it has not.

I know a few people who mashes DP kinda randomly, and when i cross them up, what comes out is not a DP but a 214X / 421X(assuming the character has one). Tested against a gordeau at the very least.

Rekka crosses up (I personnaly use 214B instead of A) after 5C / ic5C. This move is great to move forward.

I tested some combo route last night. And I'm sure now that I have absolutely no idea how the combo mechanism works in this game. I can randomly had moves during combos, and sometimes they will connect, sometimes the combos will drop. It feels pretty strange.

I like the 6B (2) > j.C > j.6C > dash > j.A/B/C > land combo route. It's full of awesomeness.

Most of it is just proration and non repeating moves, cause I was testing 66C without doing j[C] and I was able to do uhhh

66C > 5[C]> j[C] > 2B > 214B > 4B > 4B > 3B >236B > 236A > 66C > 214A > 4A > 4A.

This combo is dumb BTW, don't bother trying it.

...3 frames.

You just gave me a huge realization on how to play this game. Thanks. Man, learning a lot today!

Ok, so I can reliably do:

2C, 3C, JA, JB, JC, 6B, 623C

But when I do the full version:

2A, 5B, 5C, 2C, 3C, JA, JB, JC, 6B, 623C

I can only sometimes get the second hit of the 6B to connect which is necessary to get the 623C as the ender.

There is obviously a timing change in there but what/where/when in the combo should I be focusing on?

Otherwise doing fine with Hyde, just puzzled I can't get this...

Well, if anyone can help that would be great... however, I just tried substituting 5C for 3C and it makes the timing a lot easier.

Actually no it doesn'... you can't go 5B, 5c, 3c, 5c... sigh

So uh, sorry for the double post, but been working on combos for B+D overhead. Got a little something.

Midscreen: [b+D] > DD > 66C > 214B > 4B > 4B > 3B > 236B > 236A > 66C > 214B > 4B > 4B (3458 Damage)

If you carry into the corner far enough after the 66C, you can follow up with Infinite Worth if you want, or whatever else for the extra damage. Sweep is possible after 3B, but I'd rather not risk the drop. This works even if the B+D is at the veeeeery tip. You should be starting the dash right when the DD ends.

[b+D] > DD > 214A > 4A > 4A > 3B > 236B >236B (3133 Damage)

This one is more for the carry, and honestly is a bit harder, but it's here.

Corner: [b+D] > 2A > 214A > 4A > 4A > 3B > 2C > 236A/B > 236A > 66C > 214B > 4B > 4B (~3737 Damage)

Honestly, this is pretty easy to do. Adding an Infinite Worth here gives you about 4600 + change. I DID 5K but I can't remember for the life of me how I did it...Anyway, this doesn't require Veil Off, so there's that.

Check out the first 3 matches of this vid, lots of good Hyde tech from Kimichou https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYOsTpEi08g

Noticing he ends corner combos with 236B>236A then 3B>2C a lot to force them grounded at significant advantage for Hyde. This goes along with something I was testing earlier.

Found a decent safejump (and option-select vs fast reversals) in corner.

Example off a throw: corner throw 236B>236A > dash 2C > delay jump cancel > assault j.B > [1]AAAA...

If they do a fast reversal (tested with Hyde 623B, 6f), you will land and block. If they get hit or block the j.B, you will land and 2A. On slower reversals you get hit out of your 2A, so you would just have to hold 1 against those.

They can choose to delay tech through the j.B, but you're able to meaty 2A or otherwise as they get up after that. So pretty much like a P4A safejump.

Check out the first 3 matches of this vid, lots of good Hyde tech from Kimichou https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYOsTpEi08g

Noticing he ends corner combos with 236B>236A then 3C>2C a lot to force them grounded at significant advantage for Hyde. This goes along with something I was testing earlier.

Found a decent safejump (and option-select vs fast reversals) in corner.

Example off a throw: corner throw 236B>236A > dash 2C > delay jump cancel > assault j.B > [1]AAAA...

If they do a fast reversal (tested with Hyde 623B, 6f), you will land and block. If they get hit or block the j.B, you will land and 2A. On slower reversals you get hit out of your 2A, so you would just have to hold 1 against those.

They can choose to delay tech through the j.B, but you're able to meaty 2A or otherwise as they get up after that. So pretty much like a P4A safejump.

raiden pls das a 3B

But thanks for that safejump option. Is the assault jB an instant assault after jumping?

raiden pls das a 3B

But thanks for that safejump option. Is the assault jB an instant assault after jumping?

Oh my bad I meant 3B yeah. And yes you assault right after you jump, all the delay can be before you actually jump cancel the 2C.

Off corner 2A you can set it up with things like this:

2A 5B 2C 5[C] delay 236B 236A dash 2C for about 2k

2A 5B 2C B+C 236B 236A dash 2C for about 2.4k

also I tried just using a regular jump off the 2C for the safejump, but only j.C and j.6C hit overhead, and trying j.C I wasn't able to get it to safejump Hyde 623B. Might have landing recovery? Or just the difference between assault landing and regular jump landing.

Oh my bad I meant 3B yeah. And yes you assault right after you jump, all the delay can be before you actually jump cancel the 2C.

Off corner 2A you can set it up with things like this:

2A 5B 2C 5[C] delay 236B 236A dash 2C for about 2k

2A 5B 2C B+C 236B 236A dash 2C for about 2.4k

also I tried just using a regular jump off the 2C for the safejump, but only j.C and j.6C hit overhead, and trying j.C I wasn't able to get it to safejump Hyde 623B. Might have landing recovery? Or just the difference between assault landing and regular jump landing.

Mmm...it could just be really tight? I'll test this and get back to you with results. Maybe you could scumbag and hold 9 after 2C > 2A whiff.