Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

does anyone know the input for berial edge, and darn it i wished cs went through stuff =_=

214C. You're welcome. :3

On a seperate note, I think I'm pretty pleased with what's being done to Ragna in light of all the changes in CS. He looks to be as solid as he always was, just tweaked around the edges a bit.

The BK life drain/guard primer thing doesn't seem too bad either, though it would be nice if they didn't kill life drain completely. But seeing how much focus is being put on guard crushing - makes sense.

214C. You're welcome. :3

On a seperate note, I think I'm pretty pleased with what's being done to Ragna in light of all the changes in CS. He looks to be as solid as he always was, just tweaked around the edges a bit.

The BK life drain/guard primer thing doesn't seem too bad either, though it would be nice if they didn't kill life drain completely. But seeing how much focus is being put on guard crushing - makes sense.

thanks, and yeah I second your statement :yaaay:

I'm a little mixed about the life drain nerf. I'm not sure how much has changed with proration for the long ass combos. If the standard long chained combos like (noels, litches and Tager) that tend to take out 40% Ragna's life bar in one sitting still there in one shape or form (despite CS changes) then I'd be pissed.

The life drain change disturbs me greatly. I feel Ragna's Drive is very hit-or-miss in terms of effectiveness per round, and one of the weaker drives of the game (ice, wind, swords, invincibility frames, etc.). Blood Kain goes far to fix these problems (and make his drain more fun and interesting!). Perhaps I'm overreacting, but I don't want Ragna's life drain properties to have nearly no effect on rounds.

Thanks for that, Leonhart and HellsFang, but I haven't been able to try them out yet. Busy with school, midterms been going on. I'll practice tomorrow.

I don't know if you guys found this before but I was messing around in training mode and I noticed that you can actually pull of two carnage scissors in a row. All you have to do is do the second one right before the screen turns back to normal.

Tried this out, and I have to say, that's more of a gimmick than you might think. See, you're expending 100 Heat to get 4550 damage. That's more of a waste of Heat than a useful thing to consider, especially considering you can only get it off in the corner, which is situational (unless you set the opponent to not tech ever, which is pretty bad when you wanna be sure your combos are true combos), and especially considering you can get more damage with efficient Heat management. And battle-wise, why would you want to waste 100 Heat on 2 CS's when the first one isn't guaranteed to hit unless it's CH? You could be using that extra 50% to take advantage of the situation with BK or a RC combo, instead of using it on a second CS, which is also not guaranteed to hit if your timing is off by a few frames. Long story short, it's a good find, but I wouldn't count on it seeing frequent use, since the timing is tight, you can only do it in the corner, and there are better ways to expend 100 Heat for huge damage.

In my opinion that is quite useful and unpredictable move to pull IF opponent has it's burst and 4550>xhp left. Really... sometimes I use stuff like this in GG when I got killing situation. Liek Sol's FB fafnir+follow up, FB fafnir+follow up cause it also gives chip dmg. I only knew it was able to do against Tager, but whole cast? Dunno if it's hard to do though.

Ragna:

6A > 5D off belial seems not possible because of high bounce.

5C has its CT range back it seems but tip (basically the whole extended area) doesn't have much low hitbox.

2C > 6C works.

2D seems to have slightly less recovery (may be wrong).

tkGH>5B>6A>GH>B is 2700, 。tkGH>5B>6A>JC>JD>JD>BE>A is about 3200.

There seems to be a little problem landing belial on tager. Not sure why.

6D is a little slower (I think the same as loc test 3).

belial rising part, if counter, is untechable till hitting the ground. still slight disadvantage on block.

DS (regular) is bigger (i think it's the same as the buff from before).

air throw > GH > 5B > D dp worked. the guy forgot the damage though.

There was one piece of info regarding running tk GH crossing yourself up during combo or something. Couldn't figure out what the guy was saying.

I sorta expected that 6A, 5D probably wouldn't work after Belial Edge, but given that you can do either one or the other anyway, it's not too bad. Strange that a previous combo said you could though.

The return of mega-range 5C is nice. 2D having less recovery is intriguing if true, a mid-range low option that doesn't get you instantly punished by anyone with any sort of range would be quite nice.

If no one minds me posting here... wow, alot of these changes seem pretty exciting to me. glad to hear that 5c got its range back, but hearing that its low hitbox is still gone is kinda depressing (now there is yet another standing move that will wiff on crouching tao :psyduck:) Berial-edge RC (if its blocked) could prove useful in getting in against zoning charicters IMO (though I still need to see it in action first). which would help Ragna get in if its worth spending the meter. I'm hoping the good things I hear about Dead spike are true, particularly about it being bigger, little bit faster and removing primer points in the new guard system. losing the life drain is kinda sad, but ill take it if it means his pressure/mixups get better.

No Kain you can do it from basically anywhere except the corner and i doesn't have to be a

counter hit but it does seem like you can only pull this off from a ground combo. Also it's good

to know that your opponent cant burst out of it so if it's gonna kill might as well do it.

Here's a little clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=630o4Dovgjw

Huh? If you get a 3C and can't go straight into 22C, isn't the usual followup:

3C > 5D(1) > 623D > fastest 236C > slowest 236C > 22C

if you want good damage/reset out of the successful frametrap/mixup?

I didn't know that worked, so Ill have to try it. thanks!

Sorry :psyduck: guess posting that was pretty useless. ill make sure to read before I post so I dont post something kinda redundant in the future.

No Kain you can do it from basically anywhere except the corner and i doesn't have to be a

counter hit but it does seem like you can only pull this off from a ground combo. Also it's good

to know that your opponent cant burst out of it so if it's gonna kill might as well do it.

The thing is, I know it doesn't have to be a CH to work, but that's 90% of the cases where CS actually hits, as it's kinda easy to see coming, even more if your opponent is paying attention to what you're doing in a real match. Also, when I did this, I found it harder (near impossible? whatever) to get the second one to hit when the dummy was at midscreen, but easier when the dummy was a little ways in the corner, and that was after maybe 15-20 attempts. So yeah...

You have a point about the opponent being unable to burst out of it, it's just that the timing to pull off the second CS is pretty strict, like about a few frames after the screen turns to normal, and if you miss, you may be at a disadvantage. (0 Heat, still recovering from whiffed CS)

Meh, that's my opinion on it. If you really feel it might help you pull off a comeback, go for it. But in any case, the risk outweighs the reward.

uh hey im new I've been readin for a long time now but havent made an account till now. is it possible to kara ragna's 22C on a DS3 controller since i dont have a stick

been messing around with some heavy hitting combos with Ragna, mostly heatless combos. A good one is 5B,6A,5C,5D(1 hit),214B,214D(delayed)5B,6A,Air Combo~3915 damage. I tested this out on Hakumen,Ragna, and Tager.

The thing is, I know it doesn't have to be a CH to work, but that's 90% of the cases where CS actually hits, as it's kinda easy to see coming, even more if your opponent is paying attention to what you're doing in a real match. Also, when I did this, I found it harder (near impossible? whatever) to get the second one to hit when the dummy was at midscreen, but easier when the dummy was a little ways in the corner, and that was after maybe 15-20 attempts. So yeah...

You have a point about the opponent being unable to burst out of it, it's just that the timing to pull off the second CS is pretty strict, like about a few frames after the screen turns to normal, and if you miss, you may be at a disadvantage. (0 Heat, still recovering from whiffed CS)

Meh, that's my opinion on it. If you really feel it might help you pull off a comeback, go for it. But in any case, the risk outweighs the reward.

its a gimmick for sure but I believe as someone else pointed out its unburstable so simply because of that it would be useful in some situations.

but you're right in that a blood kain > yami combo would be a much better use of 100% heat

been messing around with some heavy hitting combos with Ragna, mostly heatless combos. A good one is 5B,6A,5C,5D(1 hit),214B,214D(delayed)5B,6A,Air Combo~3915 damage. I tested this out on Hakumen,Ragna, and Tager.

Sure you got this in the right thread?

Ragna the Bloodedge

Standing C: its range is back with a smaller lower hit box of the tip. In addition, damage scaling return to CT level that B > C > 214A > 214D does 1950 pts. Recovery is still quick.

623C: 623C > 236C > delay 236C > B > D > 214A > 214D works now. 623C probably has more untechable time.

214B:

2147B > 5B > 6A > 214B > B [2700]

2147B > 5B > 6A > 214B > 214D [2900]

2147B > 5B > 6A > JC > JD > jc > JD > J214C > A [3200]

J214C: On counter hit causes untechable knock down.

Then you can do 2B > 3C > D > dc > 6A > hjc > JC > JD > jc > JD > J214C > D for 2900 pts. 3C starter leads 3900 pts.

6B: 6B > C > 2D >> C > JC > JD > jc > JD > J214C > D works as well.

214214D: HP draining amount reduced in BloodKain mode. 5D > 6D doesn't link anymore. The best combo so far is 6C > 214214D > JD > jc > JD > J214C > D > 236236D [5500]

Sounds good for the most part, especially 5C regaining its original proration rate despite no mention of it returning to its old speed. Not being able to do 5D (DC), 6D during Blood Kain may hurt some of his combos though.

When I read that Belial Edge results in untechable knockdown on Counter Hit, my first thought was "Ooh, 22C combo opportunity perhaps?", but then I remembered that 22C sucks now and it depressed me a little. A shame.

uh hey im new I've been readin for a long time now but havent made an account till now.

is it possible to kara ragna's 22C on a DS3 controller since i dont have a stick

To be honest attempting to kara-cancel 22C isn't something I've tried extensively. There aren't many situations where you can't follow-up a 3C if 22C is in a position where it'll whiff. You've got both mid-screen and corner combos that follow up a 3C with something aside from 22C that will eventually end in a 22C anyway.

Sure you got this in the right thread?

jiyuna already posted that particular combo on the first page of the Combo List anyway. Admittedly he said it only worked on Jin.

Hey guys this thread is awesome! I was wondering if anyone knows if this amazing combo works against every character... I know most are probably thinking, well test it yourself, well I've been trying and I'm just so irritated becuase it takes me forever to pull off this damn combo that i just figure someone else has already figures this out.

(50% heat)

5C - Carnage Scissors - dash - 5B - 6A - HJC - j.C - j.D - dj.C - j.D - 623D - 236C - 214C: 5000dmg (against Ragna)

Same combo with 100% Heat so you can use Blood Kain first, brings damage up to 6400 - 6500 dmg (Freaking sweet)

It should work on most if not all the cast. I thought that combo was posted already, but I guess not. I can't remember the last time I used Carnage Scissors for a combo unless it was for the kill though. If you're in Blood Kain you can do much better than that from a CS (hint: post 13 in combo thread).

edit: oh, it was posted (post 10). Slight variation but same idea.