Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

5b 6a is a pretty good block string, so it's better to throw out. So if you noticed that it hit, you can easily do the rest of the combo. It's hard to hit confirm 5b into 3c sometimes. Pretty damn easy when you're certain that the 5b will hit though

I have more options after 6A, if they barrier i can aim to push back and dead spike for a free primer break. The string gets cut short after 3C if they block. if im sure its going to hit and i need to punish with 5B, why not. How much do you get off 5B 3C though? and nobody answered the initial question lol D: Not to mention it catches air opponents. the lack of oki at the end is a real bummer though. ending with 3C encourages a neutral tech as to not get 22C. Would be hilarious if someone tried to quickrise into a jab and got fatal counter'd :3

5b 3c 5d dc 5c air loop be 6dd jc jC be 5d 22c nets 53 meter and 4010 damage. you can dead spike after 3c, 3c has less options yes, but you're forcing them to block low as well, you still have a lot of pressure to throw out and a jump cancel, but that's more towards the player's playstyle I suppose.

I'm assuming this is open so we can start posting combos?

in which case i'll just re edit this post with anything interesting I find along with meter specifics since it's nice to have that number as well

Double BE combo:

5B 3C delay 5D (dash) 5C (HJC) j.C, j.D (JC) j.C, j.214C, 6D, j.D, j.214C, (dash) 5D, 22c

Damage: 4010 meter: 53

I've been playing alot of Tagers and Lambdas lately, will this combo work on everyone?

ok, i just wanna know how do i get better with ragna? any good combos for ragna? and what does the numbers mean for the a b c D combos? like some people say 6A 214B something like that lol im street fighter player kinda new to GG/BB but i love it i kinda like BB better then sf4.. the japanese voice acting is so much better thanks i just wanna be beast with ragna and any tips for fighting a spamming jin???

You should've post this in General Discussion. I'll explain it to you: :eng101: The numbers are directions look at your numpad to the right of your keyboard 8 is up, 2 is down, 6 is right, 4 is back, and 5 is neutral, for example, 214B would be :d::db::b::bbt: you should be able to figure the rest out yourself.

ok, i just wanna know how do i get better with ragna? any good combos for ragna? and what does the numbers mean for the a b c D combos? like some people say 6A 214B something like that lol im street fighter player kinda new to GG/BB but i love it i kinda like BB better then sf4.. the japanese voice acting is so much better thanks i just wanna be beast with ragna

Read the Ragna 101 thread and Ragna Combo thread, post questions in general discussion instead of making a whole new topic for it.

any tips for fighting a spamming jin???

Block and punish.

5B 3C delay 5D (dash) 5C (HJC) j.C, j.D (JC) j.C, j.214C, 6D, j.D, (JC) j.C, j.214C, (dash) 5D, 22c

Damage: 4010 meter: 53

That combo gains 53% meter? That is ridiculous.

At which hit exactly do you get 50%? (or if not exactly, at least 50)

btw are we gonna have a Ragna CS general discussion for questions on combos?

I merged the Changes Discussion with General Discussion because I figured people were using General Discussion to talk about Continuum Shift combos anyway. Also again, if someone adds details to pre-existing combos, I'll leave the posts in the combos thread, but I'd still much rather it be for combos or combo details only, so questions are getting moved back, but the answers are being merged into -Ladon-'s post.

Regarding Berial Edge, what is the best time to use it, and which combos work best to implement it?

When you do a super jump cancel into j.C>j.D (JC)>j.C is probably when you'll most often find yourself using BE.

5B>5C>5D (2 hits) (DC)>6A (SJC)>j.C>j.D (JC)>j.C>214C>5D>214A/B>214D is just about the most basic BE combo you'll find.

One for crouching opponents I saw Kaqn use a while back was 5B/6B>5C>6C (2 hits) (DC)>5D (2 hits) (DC)>6A (SJC)>j.C>j.D (JC)>j.C>214C>214A/B>214D. He's been skipping the 5D on this one lately, though, but I don't if it's because of overall damage or if it's character-specific.

Just keep in mind that BE's hitbox is horizontal, and therefore won't reach above Ragna, so neither of those combos will work without a super jump cancel. You'll also want to omit a second j.D in the air, as that'll usually knock them above BE's hitbox.

Actually, from what I've seen, if you combo into 6C (DC) and then do 5D (DC), 6A (HJC), you need to do j.C (JC), j.C if you want to land the Belial Edge properly. The extra hits start detracting from the untechable time and hitting an already well-airborne opponent with 6A knocks them pretty high up, so something's gotta give. I wouldn't be surprised if the full thing doesn't work on the shorties.

Actually, from what I've seen, if you combo into 6C (DC) and then do 5D (DC), 6A (HJC), you need to do j.C (JC), j.C if you want to land the Belial Edge properly. The extra hits start detracting from the untechable time and hitting an already well-airborne opponent with 6A knocks them pretty high up, so something's gotta give. I wouldn't be surprised if the full thing doesn't work on the shorties.

I see. That's good to know.

As for "the shorties", I can't get Ragna's 5D>anything to connect on them in CT, so I'd imagine you'd have to tweak combos in CS to land BE against them, probably by just using 6A in the event they dash in or RCing Keri Age.

I don't have access to CS, so can someone check to see if this (worthless) combo works in it? I figured it out in CT, deals 8k damage, doesn't work against Tager or Carl, and opponent has to be near corner (or in corner and you're at a farther range). You also have to be in Blood Kain. And it has a grab in it. You can see why it's worthless already, but: 6D, j.D (DJC), j.B+C, j.D, 5D (DC), 5D, 214214D Deals ~8.3k in CT, 10k after they've bursted. Obviously means nothing in CS, but I'm just curious if it even works in CS. Might be able to catch someone once with it.

Blood Kain? And how do you DC a 6D in the first place? Either way, I don't see this being useful in a match against someone who knows what he's doing, simply because of the Purple Throw.

Oh whoops, meant to hit 5D. Yeah DC 5D is much easier to do. I figured it'd be more useful for me though, because I'm stuck playing online.

Heh purple throw 214214D is nerfed somewhat, the damage on it and the lifesteal as well is kinda mediocre now

Well, I suppose the idea behind the change to Yami ni Kuwarero was to make it more viable after a long combo by making the health drain a static figure. Then again, Carnage Scissor during Blood Kain drains just as much and actually has a minimum damage, so now there's no point in ever using it unless the combo gets so long that the opponent techs before the second hit of Carnage Scissor. Of course, its better to just sit on the meter for RCing anyway. Edit: Well, using Blood Kain as a random expenditure isn't so bad if it gives you an opening to land a Fatal Counter, I suppose. A long enough combo and you get your meter back while doing a nice chunk of damage in the process. Still, Ragna doesn't need to get especially greedy in Continuum Shift.

6k!!!!! i'd go for it, and if you know they're gonna burst, j.d loops can easily bait those out

What are the exact numbers for health drain and min damage on Carnage scissors in and out of BK and Claw Super? i think CS is like, 100 first hit, 4/500 second outside of BK, i have no idea about IN blood kain. Claw super steals 800 iirc or is that the min damage? :o ALSO midscreen berial edge CH on crouch links into 5B. Pointless, i know. but you can go into 5B 5C 6C :3 and what is the general fatal counter combo midscreen? i dont punish DP's as hard as i should :x

6k!!!!! i'd go for it, and if you know they're gonna burst, j.d loops can easily bait those out

More than 7k if you play your cards right.

What are the exact numbers for health drain and min damage on Carnage scissors in and out of BK and Claw Super?

The Ragna the Bloodedge 101 thread knows all.

and what is the general fatal counter combo midscreen? i dont punish DP's as hard as i should :x

I have yet to play the game myself, but so far the following combo looks pretty ideal.

FC 2C, 3C, 22C, dash 5B, 2C, 6C (DC), 5D, 22C, dash 5B, 6A (JC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C

Damage: 5205, Difficulty: ***

There's an even stronger version that starts with "FC 2C, 6D, delay j.D, dash 3C, 22C, dash 2B" (2B prevents 5B's "multiple use" proration from taking affect), but I think that begs the question: "Is an extra 300 or so damage really worth the extra effort?"

More than 7k if you play your cards right.

The Ragna the Bloodedge 101 thread knows all.

I have yet to play the game myself, but so far the following combo looks pretty ideal.

There's an even stronger version that starts with "FC 2C, 6D, delay j.D, dash 3C, 22C, dash 2B" (2B prevents 5B's "multiple use" proration from taking affect), but I think that begs the question: "Is an extra 300 or so damage really worth the extra effort?"

Oh sorry i didnt check there ,_,

You should add that 5D DC links to 5C as well as 6A for air combo, i dont mean to pick at anything but i just think it would be helpful

oh and

"Dead Spike (214D or QCF+D)"

and what combo would i use off of 5B 5C Hells fang RC for that 22C Oki? i wonder what the optimal one is because ragna has so many more options in CS, the 6D jD 5B 3C 22C one may be somewhat obsolete. I havent tested many out, ive always just done carnage scissors :x