Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Some notes on Unlimited Ragna from the 5 seconds I've used him -

Triple jump from CT has been removed

Still feels significantly faster

All C Sword Slashes now deal life drain (Includes first hit of Carnage Scissors, Belial Edge and C Inferno Divider first part)

All non-sword C moves do not drain health

Dead Spike only deals one hit, but gains a two part followup (First followup deals wallbounce, 2nd hit grounds opponent)

Significant damage increase

Gains a flashing red sword effect (Remains during his Astral Heat)

Still has auto-heat gain

Other than that, just Ragna in perma Blood Kain thus far

To add to that...

Health: 13000 (used to be 20000)

No more double air dash.

Tsuika can be followed up (on hit only) with Dead Spike (and from that, its Unlimited specific follow-ups) or Yami ni Kuwarero if you have the meter.

Keri Age is jump cancelable.

The last of the new 214D follow-ups puts the opponent in knockdown status, can 22C after.

Edit: Just noticed you didn't specify, but Unlimited Ragna's damage is increased by 25%. Same as Calamity Trigger.

One more addition - Each followup for Dead Spike removes additional primers, regardless of whether or not the others were blocked.

Very interesting thing I bumped into completely by accident.

In Calamity Trigger, moves that have a "set damage", when used against an opponent in DANGER status and/or Negative Penalty will simply add the respective damage multiplier to the set move. For instance, 22C would always do 800 normally, 1200 if the opponent was in DANGER status, 1600 if they were in Negative Penalty, and 2400 if in both.

In Continuum Shift, this has been changed. They'll still get a strength boost, but this boost now takes proration into account, and the damage increase will continue to drop until decreasing back to their regular damage. For instance, 22C does 400 damage in Continuum Shift. If you do 22C if they're in DANGER status or Negative Penalty (which now has a 150% multiplier instead of 200%), it will do 540 bare (tested by switching off teching). This is a strength boost of 135%, which is 150% x 90%, Ragna's Character Combo Rate. If you're comboing into 22C from anything other than a bare 3C, the strength boost will have already scaled down to nothing.

His Astral Heat is the same way. You'll only see the damage increase if you land it bare or off a single hit that prorates well.

It's a strange thing which will probably only ever effect Ragna, and even then, rarely if at all.

2C, 3C, 214214D, 6C (delay HJC), j.D, j.D (JC), delay j.D, 6D, j.D (JC), delay j.D, land, j.D (JC), j.D, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C

Damage: 6090, Difficulty: ***

Can someone tell me why my j. D after the 6D won't connect? When I do this combo the 6D sends my opponent so far up into the air that i can't connect with the next link.

sry guys, i dont have the game yet, so i want to post a quick question: is it possible for 2C to hit in this combo - 5B > 3C > 5D (DC) > 2C >5D (DC) > j.b > j.c > .... would this combo work at all???!?

Hello dustloop ranga players! I am a bit new and this is my first legit post, so i apologize if i am doing something wrong or unnecessary. I was wondering if their was a trick or technical thing i had to watch out for when doing Ranga's 22C to [Dash 5B]. I can rarely hit it and any advice would be very well accepted, thanks in advance. = D

sry guys, i dont have the game yet, so i want to post a quick question: is it possible for 2C to hit in this combo - 5B > 3C > 5D (DC) > 2C >5D (DC) > j.b > j.c > .... would this combo work at all???!?
The 2C hits, but the j.B doesn't take.

Hello dustloop ranga players! I am a bit new and this is my first legit post, so i apologize if i am doing something wrong or unnecessary. I was wondering if their was a trick or technical thing i had to watch out for when doing Ranga's 22C to [Dash 5B]. I can rarely hit it and any advice would be very well accepted, thanks in advance. = D
Unfortunately there's no real trick to the timing, you just have to learn to feel out when Ragna is about to recover from the 22C so you can time the dash appropriately. Now if you're struggling with accidental 6Bs, try doing dash 4B instead of dash 5B. Sometimes you'll accidentally not return to neutral after the dash, but forcing yourself to hit back ought to fix this issue.

Small contribution and a small question

5B>5C>2D>5C>j.C>j.D>dj>j.D>j.214C>*insert double BE ender here*

What exactly causes the opponent to tech to the other side after a BE? *just got the game*

BTW how would u follow up with this combo then?

Well, ive gotten 22C dash 5B 3C down pat so i do 5B 3C 5D dash 6A jC jD jC j214C dash 5D 22C dash 5b 3c 22c for 4.3k, but you can do double berial if its too hard. you lose 300 damage though :o

I don't know about you guys, but when Ragna came across Platinum the Trinity in his Story Mode, I seriously laughed my f***ing ass off.

You arent dashing at 6DD or are doing the air combo portion too slow or are super jumping it, thus making berial's angle bad and then itll whiff :( theres no super jump in that combo.

Thought it was something like that, thanks.

I don't know about you guys, but when Ragna came across Platinum the Trinity in his Story Mode, I seriously laughed my f***ing ass off.

That was pretty awesome, even more awesome though. Pick the second option ("keep eyes shut"). It's a bit difficult to describe, but Nu is hilarious.

"LIKE, THERE BE TREASURE THERE MATEY!"

"LIKE, HARD STARBOARD!"

"LIKE, CAPTAIN RAGNA, WHAT DO WE DO?!?!?!"

I don't know about you guys, but personally, the bit where Jubei throws a log at Ragna's head and then knocks him out cold was funny as hell.

Question about the 5th combo down in "Bread and Butter level practicality":

2A/2B, 6A, 5C (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, 5D (1st hit), 214A -> 214D

Damage: 2372 (start with 2A), 2814 (start with 2B), Difficulty: **

^ What is this supposed to be, cause 2A nor 2B combo to 6A.

EDIT: Ok, so 2B can on crouch-hit, but I can't get 2A to combo into 6A unless its CH.

Been having some trouble. Been practicing on Tager if that has any effect.

(crouching opponent only) 6B, 2C, 6C (DC), 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.D, j.214C, 5D (1st hit), 214A -> 214D BE whiffs. Every time.

(corner) j.C, 5B, 5C, 214A -> 214D (RC), [6D, j.D (JC) j.C, j.214C] x2, 5D, 623D -> 236C -> 214D The first hit of BE connects but the rest whiffs.

"(crouching opponent only) 6B, 2C, 6C (DC), 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.D, j.214C, 5D (1st hit), 214A -> 214D" - you can do 6B > 2C >6C > 5D (DC) >6A > (HJC) j.c> (JC) j.c > BE > (w.e u want to end it with)

the 2nd one, i cant help youwith that XD

***on a side note, if any ragna wants to play some practice matches against me (which would be awesome) add me on psn (MangoBlackTea) and ask for ipodnano, because my brother plays on the same account as me. it would help my ragna game immensely if i could receive some tips***

I've been practicing double BE combos on a majority of the cast and I just have a quick question, Is it useful to use dash 6D on everybody when you are away from the corner? I mostly use dash 6D on small characters, It helps me make sure that I pick them up without whiffing. (Carl,Rachel)

(crouching opponent only) 6B, 2C, 6C (DC), 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.D, j.214C, 5D (1st hit), 214A -> 214D BE whiffs. Every time.

(corner) j.C, 5B, 5C, 214A -> 214D (RC), [6D, j.D (JC) j.C, j.214C] x2, 5D, 623D -> 236C -> 214D The first hit of BE connects but the rest whiffs.

For the second one, try to delay the first 6D so that you aren't too far below him for BE to work

I've been practicing double BE combos on a majority of the cast and I just have a quick question, Is it useful to use dash 6D on everybody when you are away from the corner? I mostly use dash 6D on small characters, It helps me make sure that I pick them up without whiffing. (Carl,Rachel)

Midscreen I end BE combos with 3C -> 5D (1 hit) -> HF

Puts em in the corner and does good damage. Combo ender courtesy of Titanium

Question about the 5th combo down in "Bread and Butter level practicality":

2A/2B, 6A, 5C (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.214C, 5D (1st hit), 214A -> 214D

Damage: 2372 (start with 2A), 2814 (start with 2B), Difficulty: **

^ What is this supposed to be, cause 2A nor 2B combo to 6A.

EDIT: Ok, so 2B can on crouch-hit, but I can't get 2A to combo into 6A unless its CH.

I expect I meant to put CH there, sorry about that. It's been fixed.

For the first combo, 6C has all the untechable time in the world, so give them time to drop low before you land the 6A. For the second combo, as Mattattatt suggested, you want to be hitting with the 6D later. If you're near the corner but not right in it, this time would be used for dashing.

I've edited all the above combos to make this clearer. Sorry for any confusion.

Edit: Oh yeah, now that it's relevant, I should add that some of the damages listed in the combos thread may be erroneous, as they come from a time when I basically had to squint at low quality video to check the figures. That said, if it's a Belial Edge combo that can be achieved from a variable height, there is a chance that the damage will also differ based on the amount of hits Belial Edge did, so don't call me out on it straight away.