Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damned Wolfe

[CS2] Ragna General Discussion

How do you Play Ragna?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play Ragna?

• Straight up Offense!
    • Bait in to Punish!
    • Defensive Punish!
    • Spam Hell's Fang and Inferno Divider moves!

Ok 2 things. I'm trying to learn how to do dashing 5B after 22C pickup consistently. Is there a point where I need to start dashing exactly? I find that I land it more often if I press 66 just before the animation for 22C ends.

And for some damn reason I have a buttload of trouble doing BK out of a back throw. I think it might just be the way I'm holding my stick because I find it easier to do it on 1P side. Most of the time I just get a random dead spike.

i cant get past challenge mode level 4 or something. throw to gauntlet hades + followup to 5b (this is where i mess up) to 623d combo. dummy techs when i try to 5b. how perfect does my timing need to be? it's infuriating.

Ok 2 things. I'm trying to learn how to do dashing 5B after 22C pickup consistently. Is there a point where I need to start dashing exactly? I find that I land it more often if I press 66 just before the animation for 22C ends.

And for some damn reason I have a buttload of trouble doing BK out of a back throw. I think it might just be the way I'm holding my stick because I find it easier to do it on 1P side. Most of the time I just get a random dead spike.

Right after Ragna punches them in the gut and recovers from 22C, input the dash 5B (the char getting 22C'd will make a grunt or say something, just after that I usually do it)...it takes a bit of practice, I still don't have it down 100% and doing it online is :vbang: in some connections. Off a Fatal Counter it's tons easier so maybe use that to get a feel for it?

For throw > Burger King, try to input 214214 D right after Ragna throws them in the air, after the second sound effect.

3C chains into 5D, so do that if you're close enough for the first hit of 5D to connect and do 5D pressure. If you have meter, 2D is freeeeeee, just do it and RC it whether it hits or is blocked, either way you win. When they get used to that, mix up with GH. You can also Dead Spike if you think they'll just sit there. 3C gives you a ton of options, the fact that it's JCable just adds to its safety.

i cant get past challenge mode level 4 or something. throw to gauntlet hades + followup to 5b (this is where i mess up) to 623d combo. dummy techs when i try to 5b. how perfect does my timing need to be? it's infuriating.

i had the SAME EXACT problem :psyduck: Zeromus_X helped me out, like he said delay the additional attack after the Gaunlet Hades then link the 5B when you land :eng101:

5D pressure isn't the greatest thing to do, but mixing it up is advised.

Lotta spacing issues to make it work well

In regards to the poll, I used to play Ragna with a very "Berserk" mindset. Mash out of anything, shit...I was Ragna afterall.

Then TitaniumBeast showed me how important and effective simple spacing -> punishing was on people who played like that (IE, most of online). Ever since then I've mixed it up between Baiting, and rushdown. It's good to know when to backoff when you have the lead and just wait for people to be stupid.

And for the most part uber Defensive Ragna is dead Ragna...so yeah. Ragna is like a car, can't leave him running too long and can't leave him off for too long either.

Yo Ragna players! I'm a new member and I was was wondering if anyone can help me with starting combos and combo finishers. I already got the base combos down pretty well.

6A (j. c) > jC > jD (j. c) > jD > Belial Edge (214C) >

6A (j. c) > jC > jD (j. c) > jC > Belial Edge (214C) >

6D (d.c) > C (j. c) . jC > jD (j. c) > jD > Belial Edge (214C) >

6D (d.c) > C (j. c) . jC > jD (j. c) > jC > Belial Edge (214C) >

These are the middle parts of a Ragna combo where he knocks you in the air then does all the jump cancel combos into the Belial Edge. I need specific help on starting the full combo and finishing the combo. Tips on how to do the combo resets would be nice too.

PSN: lon3_pr1nny

BLazBlue Continuum Shift all day! I rub teh BrazBrue!

Your first post was relocated to the general discussion board. Please remember to post there or use the search function for your specific problem as posting on the main board is frowned upon (with good reason).

As for your questions they seem to be broad, what specifically are you having problems with?

Hmm, the poll seems to be a result of me merging lon3_pr1nny's thread into this one. I can't remove it without admin privileges either. Welp.

Don't forget to check the Ragna 101 thread, as that may have the answers you're looking for.

6D (d.c) > C (j. c) . jC > jD (j. c) > jD > Belial Edge (214C) >

6D (d.c) > C (j. c) . jC > jD (j. c) > jC > Belial Edge (214C) >

6A into aircombo is a superjump cancel, and the second combo... doesn't work? It should be 5D instead of 6D. Unless it's 6D j.D dash in which case it should probably be 5B instead of 5C. But yeah, it's probably 5D in the beginning.

i had the SAME EXACT problem :psyduck: Zeromus_X helped me out, like he said delay the additional attack after the Gaunlet Hades then link the 5B when you land :eng101:

Best way to do this is letting him finish "Gauntlet..." and follow up with the additional "...Hades!"

I really need help with that shit

I also cant get a get a Clean "BE" after B C 3C 66 jB C jC "BE"

i really need help with those stuff

you need to learn the timing of the 66 run after the first grab in 22C-66B-3C-22C.

1 way to do it is by holding 4A+B so when u see the barrier u know when to 66

6A into aircombo is a superjump cancel, and the second combo... doesn't work? It should be 5D instead of 6D. Unless it's 6D j.D dash in which case it should probably be 5B instead of 5C. But yeah, it's probably 5D in the beginning.

6A into Air is not SJC unless you catch them high on a jump-in, but most people just do 6A-5D-dc-6A/5C/j.B-air belial etc.

6A into Air is not SJC unless you catch them high on a jump-in, but most people just do 6A-5D-dc-6A/5C/j.B-air belial etc.

6A AA has two follow ups imo

6A CH dash 5B 2C 5D DC jB jC jC j214C 66D jD jC j214C dash 5D ID METERRRR

or 6A Non CH 5D dc 6A etc.

never do 6A follow up in a combo with 6A starter, because of double use proration

the 6A 5B 2C is universal btw :3

Ok, this combo is simple. You need to jump cancel forward. 29 after the 6A.

Alright, due to how often people have asked for help with this, the dash 5B issue has now been added to the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Ragna 101 thread.

Q: In Continuum Shift, I'm having trouble landing a dash 5B after a 22C, is there any real trick to it?

A: You just have to learn to feel out when Ragna is about to recover from the 22C so you can time the dash appropriately. Try using the opponent's push back as a visual guide if it helps. Now if you're struggling with accidental 6Bs, try doing dash 4B instead of dash 5B. Sometimes you'll accidentally not return to neutral after the dash, but forcing yourself to hit back ought to fix this issue. Note that it's much easier to land the dash 5B during a Fatal Counter combo, as you have 3 frames to play with instead of just 1.

I'll leave the thread alone for while in case someone else has something pertinent to add, then I'll merge it into General Discussion.

Hmm, the poll seems to be a result of me merging lon3_pr1nny's thread into this one. I can't remove it without admin privileges either. Welp.

Don't forget to check the Ragna 101 thread, as that may have the answers you're looking for.

Want me to remove the poll? I'll do as soon as I figure out how (still not used to new vbulletin).

You know, there is a Ragna 101 and a General discussion for questions like these... you need to do 2D or 3C in the middle of your combo to do 22c.